1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Has anyone modified their Master System adapter yet with a button to add the pause option to the adapter? (If you have can you provide a picture?)

Also has anyone removed it from the shell and tried it in a standard genesis yet?

Threw the jail break on last night and played through McDonald's Treasureland Adventure for the first time. I love that I can play random games at any moment without getting up to change the cart.

Does anyone else who bought a Super NT last year, feel as burned as I do?

Why is it that the Mega SG gets multiple extra cores, essentially day one, when we're stuck languishing on basic rom support a year later?

Feels pretty crap to me.

...because the Genesis already had all the stuff for Master System/Mark III, and Mark III’s SG-1000 support is already equivalent to Colecovision. Game Gear is essentially a Master System. Edited by CZroe
  • Like 1

...because the Genesis already had all the stuff for Master System/Mark III, and Mark III’s SG-1000 support is already equivalent to Colecovision. Game Gear is essentially a Master System.

Yeah, and tell me again how the NT Mini had those systems built into the original core logic.

My point is, the cores exist and can clearly run on the hardware. Why is only the Super NT passed over in terms of extended functionality?

Edited by RandomRonn

Anyone have their video resync constantly when the menu is up on screen? I can play a game for hours and the video never resyncs but once I start working through the menu (even if I'm not changing anything) the signal keeps dropping/resyncing. Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions? Going to try a different TV and cable but outside of that I have no idea.

No SegaCD connected. Mega Everdrive (x5 before there was an x5) is in the slot but it does it whether I am playing off of that or through the MegaSG itself. Happens on 4.2 and 4.3.

Saying you feel burned because Analogue delivered exactly what was promised is questionable logic.

I understand that much. It just feels slightly obnoxious, honestly. If they were going to hold to, "you get what you paid for." That's great.

But, selective favoritism is off-putting in my book.

I suppose I'm in the minority and that's fine.

Yeah, and tell me again how the NT Mini had those systems built into the original core logic.

My point is, the cores exist and can clearly run on the hardware. Why is only the Super NT passed over in terms of extended functionality?

Because the Nt Mini hasn’t officially been discontinued yet. The assumption is that they still have plans and re-releasing those cores on other systems would undermine that.

We never expected that functionality on the Super Nt because we expected the Nt Mini to return. The fact that other items have been officially discontinued since then and the Nt Mini still hasn’t speaks volumes.

Anyone have their video resync constantly when the menu is up on screen? I can play a game for hours and the video never resyncs but once I start working through the menu (even if I'm not changing anything) the signal keeps dropping/resyncing. Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions? Going to try a different TV and cable but outside of that I have no idea.

No SegaCD connected. Mega Everdrive (x5 before there was an x5) is in the slot but it does it whether I am playing off of that or through the MegaSG itself. Happens on 4.2 and 4.3.

I got a small break from work and swapped the HDMI cable with the one from my PS4 Pro and it seems to have cleared it up (~5min of testing). I think Analogue's cable must be bunk. Kind of a bummer since it's so pretty but it's only a HDMI cable. I'm sure I have extras around.

I understand that much. It just feels slightly obnoxious, honestly. If they were going to hold to, "you get what you paid for." That's great.

But, selective favoritism is off-putting in my book.

I suppose I'm in the minority and that's fine.

It would be awesome if they gave the SuperNT the ability to play NES and released a converter cart. I'd also throw in Gameboy/Super Gameboy but we may get that with the SD2SNES soon anyhow. Being able to play NES would make the SuperNT an insta-buy for me and several others. The NT Mini was just a tad too expensive for my taste and thus I am still rocking NES on composite through the Framemeister.

In short, it'd be awesome to have a Sega 16-bit and before console and a Nintendo 16-bit and before console. I don't expect it though and neither should anyone else. Analogue never sold that to us at all or even hinted at it.

I got a small break from work and swapped the HDMI cable with the one from my PS4 Pro and it seems to have cleared it up (~5min of testing). I think Analogue's cable must be bunk. Kind of a bummer since it's so pretty but it's only a HDMI cable. I'm sure I have extras around.

It would be awesome if they gave the SuperNT the ability to play NES and released a converter cart. I'd also throw in Gameboy/Super Gameboy but we may get that with the SD2SNES soon anyhow. Being able to play NES would make the SuperNT an insta-buy for me and several others. The NT Mini was just a tad too expensive for my taste and thus I am still rocking NES on composite through the Framemeister.

In short, it'd be awesome to have a Sega 16-bit and before console and a Nintendo 16-bit and before console. I don't expect it though and neither should anyone else. Analogue never sold that to us at all or even hinted at it.

I completely agree. It just rubs me the wrong way that the Mega SG gets extended capability immediately, while the Super NT gets to sit on the "well, we may re-release the super expensive NT mini at some point, so you all get to enjoy what you got."

While I understand the financial reasons for it, it just annoys me. I know I'm essentially just blathering into the ether on this one, but Super NT owners paid just as much and seem to have been forgotten in favor of other possible, at some point, offerings.

I'll stop derailing the thread with my whinging now.

I think NES has too many pins compared to snes, even if ten of them (aside from the audio mod) are unused.

When do we get the Game Gear adapter? And yeah I know they are rarer than unicorn farts, but will the Retrofreak game Gear adapter work with Mega SG?

Would a cost-reduced NT Mini be redundant in a market with the AVS? How many people have chosen to buy that instead of waiting for Analogue to come out with a hypothetical cheaper NT? I did and I am 100% happy with it. I do understand where RandomRonn is coming from. I never expected additional cores for the Super NT, but I admit I'm disappointed it never happened.

• Like 4

Yeah but who passed the Super NT over? Analogue? Anyone who tries to tie the Super NT jailbreak to them, ask them about it, etc.... they'll say they had nothing to do with it and do not support it. The official company line is the Super NT is for snes carts. Kevtris as a private individual will say the same thing.. i.e. he didn't make it, despite all the chuckles and "come ons" out there. The official stance is he has nothing to do with it. And there's not a darn thing we out there can do to tie them to it, else we'd be able to clamor for additional cores, expect official support, ask why a core doesn't work on a certain game, or asking "why not this" and "why not that" etc.
Bottom line is they are out of the picture when it comes to the jailbreak. We're just going to have to be happy there's a benevolent being out in there in the nether who's willing to "hack" the Analogue systems and release it to the public. :)
  • Like 1

I have this problem with all my Analogue systems, NT Mini, Super NT and Mega SG

I dunno about that...

lol we've loooong been at a point where no one needs any evidence of anything.. we've been winking at each other for a while. :) But the bottom line remains that you'll get about as much support from Analogue for the Jailbreak firmware as you would from Apple for Cydia. :P

• Like 1

I completely agree. It just rubs me the wrong way that the Mega SG gets extended capability immediately, while the Super NT gets to sit on the "well, we may re-release the super expensive NT mini at some point, so you all get to enjoy what you got."

These are hardware devices first and only designed to replicate the bahvior of a singular device. Complaining that it doesn't do anything else is completely missing the forest from the trees. Someone (who cares who) offers the JB as a way to add capability to the device, of which the device had to have that capability to begin with, whoever is the JB'er can't whole-cloth create a core for a device they have no documentation for. It doesn't matter if it's the same FPGA, it's still wired differently.

• Like 1

Yeah but who passed the Super NT over? Analogue? Anyone who tries to tie the Super NT jailbreak to them, ask them about it, etc.... they'll say they had nothing to do with it and do not support it. The official company line is the Super NT is for snes carts. Kevtris as a private individual will say the same thing.. i.e. he didn't make it, despite all the chuckles and "come ons" out there. The official stance is he has nothing to do with it. And there's not a darn thing we out there can do to tie them to it, else we'd be able to clamor for additional cores, expect official support, ask why a core doesn't work on a certain game, or asking "why not this" and "why not that" etc.

Bottom line is they are out of the picture when it comes to the jailbreak. We're just going to have to be happy there's a benevolent being out in there in the nether who's willing to "hack" the Analogue systems and release it to the public. :)

Mr. Jailbreak should get a cut of the royalties considering how many consoles he's sold for them ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

So I posted a few pages back about not being able to update my firmware.

Turns out it was the 2 SD cards I had!

Picked up a 32gb Sandisk card from Walmart on The was home this morning for $8 and everything works perfectly now!

And to the mysterious Jailbreaker...

THANK YOU!!!

• Like 2