1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Why can't you sit and play games on the MiSTer? I play more on the MiSTer than I do on the Mega SG, Super NT, or Mini NT. Although I enjoy playing on all the consoles.

Hard to say.

Mainly I think its the controller "issue". The only system I've played for a longer time is the Amiga core.

• Like 1

Hard to say.

Mainly I think its the controller "issue". The only system I've played for a longer time is the Amiga core.

What controller are you using for the MiSTer? Currently I am using a Dual Shock 4 with the 8bitdo brick bluetooth adapter and pretty much all of the cores control fine, although I realized today that the Atari 5200 core is giving me problems with moving left or right. This is a newer issue.

I just purchased a new bluetooth adapter because the new update allows three or four controllers to be controlled by one bluetooth adapter instead of the 8bitdo adapter that only syncs with one controller at a time. After I get the new adapter I will test the 5200 again and see if that fixes my issue.

What controller are you using for the MiSTer? Currently I am using a Dual Shock 4 with the 8bitdo brick bluetooth adapter and pretty much all of the cores control fine, although I realized today that the Atari 5200 core is giving me problems with moving left or right. This is a newer issue.

I just purchased a new bluetooth adapter because the new update allows three or four controllers to be controlled by one bluetooth adapter instead of the 8bitdo adapter that only syncs with one controller at a time. After I get the new adapter I will test the 5200 again and see if that fixes my issue.

The 8bitdo SN30 Pro, works decent. BT feels out of the question, quite laggy from times to time. Only using it wired.

Thing is I wanna have the option to play with the original controller. If I cant, the zero-lag-100% accuracy aint worth it.

The MiSTer needs controller adapters for original controllers, connected to the serial I/O.

• Like 1

I think the lag really depends on the television being used. I'm using an LG OLED55C6 television and I don't notice any lag. I am looking forward to getting the LLcoolJoy to use legacy controllers with the cores. By the sound of it, I think you might be interested in the LLcoolJoy. It should hopefully be released in the next month or two.

I think the lag really depends on the television being used. I'm using an LG OLED55C6 television and I don't notice any lag. I am looking forward to getting the LLcoolJoy to use legacy controllers with the cores. By the sound of it, I think you might be interested in the LLcoolJoy. It should hopefully be released in the next month or two.

https://www.retrorgb.com/krikzz-joyzz-vs-8bitdo-m30-2-4g-vs-8bitdo-m30-bluetooth-input-latency-lag-testing.html

I wish they had tested a DualShock 4 so we could see if the controller or the receiver were more to blame.

... just noticed SuperNt FW 4.7 which fixes gameboy audio bug was out:

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/360000557452-Super-Nt-Firmware-Update-v4-6

What was the bug? And does the JB FW also need the fix or not?

Looks like the answer is no, the jailbreak doesn't need anything fixed. Looks like Analogue broke SGB audio in 4.6 when they made firmware or the Ghostly version, but the jailbreak is based on 4.5. MSU-1 audio worked, and my guess is they just broke the audio passthrough in official firmware. So we should be good.

https://twitter.com/analogue/status/1072073276665421825

Just bought a Japanese Super Game Boy (just because SFC carts look cooler than US ones) and a GB Everdrive X5 on eBay this week. Jailbroke my Super Nt a while back. I'll be able to confirm whether everything is good when it all gets here.

Edited by derFunkenstein

Question: does anyone get static electricity shocks from their MegaSg? Like, the majority of the time when youre putting in an SD card or touching the power button? I just had one that was so bad that it burnt out the blue LED inside the power button, and now I cant make it glow blue or white. :/

Edited by Drunk_Caterpillar

Question: does anyone get static electricity shocks from their MegaSg? Like, the majority of the time when youre putting in an SD card or touching the power button? I just had one that was so bad that it burnt out the blue LED inside the power button, and now I cant make it glow blue or white. :/

Yes. I haven’t felt it but my brother has and at least one other user here reported it. Multiple times I’ve pressed power to shut it off and had it reboot instead, which may be due to static shocks I can’t feel. Gotta say: I was fine with it if it was just shocks and reboots when shutting down, but taking out an LED elevates the issue a bit. :( It could conceivably fry something more important on the board too.

In case it becomes relevant: Mine is the USA color (red power button). How about yours?

Edited by CZroe

Yes. I haven’t felt it but my brother has and at least one other user here reported it. Multiple times I’ve pressed power to shut it off and had it reboot instead, which may be due to static shocks I can’t feel. Gotta say: I was fine with it if it was just shocks and reboots when shutting down, but taking out an LED elevates the issue a bit. :( It could conceivably fry something more important on the board too.

In case it becomes relevant: Mine is the USA color (red power button). How about yours?

Mine is the JPN one. I put in an email to Analogue support so hopefully something gets figured out soon.

Looks like the answer is no, the jailbreak doesn't need anything fixed. Looks like Analogue broke SGB audio in 4.6 when they made firmware or the Ghostly version, but the jailbreak is based on 4.5. MSU-1 audio worked, and my guess is they just broke the audio passthrough in official firmware. So we should be good.

https://twitter.com/analogue/status/1072073276665421825

Just bought a Japanese Super Game Boy (just because SFC carts look cooler than US ones) and a GB Everdrive X5 on eBay this week. Jailbroke my Super Nt a while back. I'll be able to confirm whether everything is good when it all gets here.

It's possible that v4.7 was only released to fix something that v4.6 introduced, but I was under the impression that 4.6 only installed on Ghostly machines--if there were SGB audio issues with v4.6 on regular devices then they were probably there in 4.5. I don't use a SGB so I think I'm gonna install the v6.6 jailbreak, but if SGB is something you're interested in I feel like v4.7 is gonna be your safest bet. Would love to find out one way or another though.

It's possible that v4.7 was only released to fix something that v4.6 introduced, but I was under the impression that 4.6 only installed on Ghostly machines--if there were SGB audio issues with v4.6 on regular devices then they were probably there in 4.5. I don't use a SGB so I think I'm gonna install the v6.6 jailbreak, but if SGB is something you're interested in I feel like v4.7 is gonna be your safest bet. Would love to find out one way or another though.

If you read the linked tweet from Analogue themselves, they said they did it in 4.6. It's not a matter for dispute.

This only ever happened to me with my Mega CD Model 1 attached that needs repair due to bad capacitors. I was also using Sega's power brick with it which I don't recommend. If you use a Sega/Mega CD, use the PSU from Retro Game Cave.

Besides that my Mega Sg and Super Nt are plugged into this:

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Outlet-Surge-Protector-Built/dp/B01MSDBYEE?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_2530171011

I'm sure the USB adapter that comes with it is more recommended.

Edited by Nigoli

This only ever happened to me with my Mega CD Model 1 attached that needs repair due to bad capacitors. I was also using Sega's power brick with it which I don't recommend. If you use a Sega/Mega CD, use the PSU from Retro Game Cave.

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Outlet-Surge-Protector-Built/dp/B01MSDBYEE?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_2530171011

What’s wrong with Sega’s MK-1602? It’s the workhorse of my retro systems. Good for NES, FC, SFC, PCE, TG16, NG AES, Gen, and more. Sega was always pretty adamant about sticking with it too. ;)

• Like 1

Yep. THough now I have it powered off the USB port on my TV, so when I shut off the TV the SG powers off as well - so I don't have to touch it.

Mine is the JPN one. I put in an email to Analogue support so hopefully something gets figured out soon.

I get shocked almost every time I put my finger near it to turn it off. I just sent them an email about it too. It can't be a coincidence anymore.

Static shocks have yet to be an issue for me, however this is very concerning.

Hopefully Analogue addresses this soon.

Any thoughts Kev?

Yep. THough now I have it powered off the USB port on my TV, so when I shut off the TV the SG powers off as well - so I don't have to touch it.

Probably not a good idea for anything that might cache writes to a filesystem. :( Edited by CZroe

The system doesn't care where it's getting powered from, as long as it meets specifications.

I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about turning it off by essentially yanking the plug while it could be in the middle of a write operation which corrupts the filesystem on the SD card. It’s the same reason you are supposed to properly shut down a PC.

I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about turning it off by essentially yanking the plug while it could be in the middle of a write operation which corrupts the filesystem on the SD card. It’s the same reason you are supposed to properly shut down a PC.

The jailbroken software, cartridges with onboard saves, or an Everdrive will only be writing something when you've saved your game. It's as easy to avoid with how he's doing it as it is with the physical power button.

There's no protection built into the system's firmware to prevent you from hitting the power button at the wrong time. You just don't do it at the wrong moment such as at the split second you've exited back to the system menu in a game with onboard save capabilities that you're playing via the SD card. Same with how he's cutting power when switching to another HDMI port or turning his tv off.

Edited by Atariboy

I haven’t had any static shocks at all. I wonder why this is happening for some and not for others?

Yeah I don't either, but in my apartment I've got a hardwood floor and never get static shocks on anything.

At work, there's a carpet which I swear, I don't have to do much to get a big zap from touching any metal. I always have to 'discharge' myself by touching the metal handle on the door, get a shock, so that I can safely remove some USB sticks (iLoks) which I used to get shocked with unless I touch the door handle first. It would worry me, as my iLoks are extremely important and if I lost them to corrupted data I'd be screwed for a while.

Anyways, are those who are getting shocked wearing shoes on a carpet? Cuz that'll do it.

The same happened to me also got electricity shocks from my power button. And now the LED cant make white instead some light purple.

I also got the super nt and it has been flawless since day one. This is really bad not happy at all about this....

Edited by Acid