1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Side question for all our Zimba3000 versions known as the Mega Sg, Super NT and no longer available NES companion... has anyone added decals like Mega Drive, Genesis, or even High Definition.. etc?

Yes. I am the queen of rebraded decals! 8)

The Super decals arrived last night. Now for the pics. Didn't get to show off my 8bitdo controller collection unfortunately, but got something even better! :grin:

Trifecta and Super Trifecta (Technically seven consoles. Not shown, AV Famicom)

39475221370_579f40ec14_h.jpg

Trifecta and Super Trifecta 2

39475201720_5056205c0a_h.jpg

Nintendo Lids

27412355988_647efe6c99_h.jpg

Under the Hood

40388418355_9e19951003_h.jpg

Super Logo for Super NT

40571266204_e5ac72b826_h.jpg

Full Album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30203515@N04/sets/72157694613348274/

post-33189-0-97315600-1560560276_thumb.jpg

Edit: looks like I'm not the only person who did this to their Mega SG! :grin:

post-33189-0-25695900-1560560726_thumb.jpg

I put my decal behind the cart bay due to the tight fit in front.

• Like 2

I'm not sure with bubble bobble (though I have both the EU and JP carts of it and can test the former). I don't have the cart of Rastan, but the FM on the Everdrive X7 sounds like it should (and this bug has been around in the last couple firmware for Mega SG).

Edit: I tried the EU Bubble Bobble cart and the demo didn't lock up after looping a few times, but the JP version played off the mega sg directly locked up on the second or third loop. EU version off ROM hung up in the same area. Not sure if this happens on SMS since I never let the demo set for that long before. Odd thing is that it unhangs if the start button is pressed (at least this was the case with the EU ROM version).

So, you noticed the audio problems with RASTAN, too?

Can you post your findings with carts on the github issue page?

https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Mega-Sg-Jailbreak/issues

So, you noticed the audio problems with RASTAN, too?

Can you post your findings with carts on the github issue page?

https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Mega-Sg-Jailbreak/issues

There also appears to be audio issues with the main Genesis core which I'm pretty sure weren't there with the previous firmware version. There seems to be some slight crackling on one or more of the synth channels:

Is it just me or is there audio crackling since the latest firmware update? Try listening during the intros to Streets of Rage 1 or 2, or on the Ghouls 'n Ghosts title screen, especially just before it fades to the demo. You may need to plug headphones into your TV/AV receiver to hear it properly.

If someone could test this and verify I will add it to the Github page.

Edited by afx_acid

There also appears to be audio issues with the main Genesis core which I'm pretty sure weren't there with the previous firmware version. There seems to be some slight crackling on one or more of the synth channels:

Ok, so I rolled back my firmware to 4.3 and the crackling is still there, not sure how I didn't notice it before. It's especially obvious when listening to music track 12 in the Ghouls 'n Ghosts options menu.

So now I'm wondering this is something that is a wider issue with the Mega Sg, or just with my unit? If it's a wider issue, how does it compare to a real YM2612 chip in a genuine Genesis console?

18 hours ago, afx_acid said:

Ok, so I rolled back my firmware to 4.3 and the crackling is still there, not sure how I didn't notice it before. It's especially obvious when listening to music track 12 in the Ghouls 'n Ghosts options menu.

So now I'm wondering this is something that is a wider issue with the Mega Sg, or just with my unit? If it's a wider issue, how does it compare to a real YM2612 chip in a genuine Genesis console?

I suspect that you are hearing the so-called ladder effect of the MegaDrive/Genesis sound chip...

1 hour ago, vanfanel said:

I suspect that you are hearing the so-called ladder effect of the MegaDrive/Genesis sound chip...

Would this still be the cause of the crackling even if I have the ladder effect depth set to 0 though? I'm just trying to work out if this is the correct behaviour of the (simulated) YM2612 chip or something that needs to be looked at further by kevtris.

Additionally I've found that if you select 2X Sine as the YM212 waveform you get a whole bunch of constant  crackling even when no other sound is playing.

42 minutes ago, afx_acid said:

Would this still be the cause of the crackling even if I have the ladder effect depth set to 0 though? I'm just trying to work out if this is the correct behaviour of the (simulated) YM2612 chip or something that needs to be looked at further by kevtris.

Additionally I've found that if you select 2X Sine as the YM212 waveform you get a whole bunch of constant  crackling even when no other sound is playing.

Hmmm... no, if the ladder effect depth is set to 0, it should not be audible, of course.

Then I have no idea, others may help you better.

Hi all,

NT Mini question. I've recently been experiencing issues with my NT Mini where screen resolution, width and scanlines keep reverting to default values upon power off. I prefer to run at 720p with 4x width and original scanlines. I set these values and save. However, when I power off the system and come back later to play again screen resolution has changed to 1080p with 6x width and no scanlines. Anyone else seen this issue? Is there an internal battery in the Mini which may have died?

Thanks,

Mario

Ok everyone, what are your last minute predictions for Terraonion’s new FPGA related product announcement tomorrow?

My money is on a SSDS3 style FPGA based ODE Sega CD add on which would pair perfectly with the Mega SG. That’s all I can come up with that makes sense and is remotely feasible.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LewisD said:

Ok everyone, what are your last minute predictions for Terraonion’s new FPGA related product announcement tomorrow?

My money is on a SSDS3 style FPGA based ODE Sega CD add on which would pair perfectly with the Mega SG. That’s all I can come up with that makes sense and is remotely feasible.

This would also be my guess. A Sega CD ODE would be so welcome, even if it's less like an SSDS3 and more like a GDEMU, giving Sega CDs with dead lasers new life. 

2 hours ago, LewisD said:

I forecast a complete SGX+ArcadeCD all in one FPGA solution (not sure if there would be support for original CDs as well [possible], pretty sure HuCards are all supported).

At least their picture seems to come from one of those TG16 ads.

Me, I am on the other camp, I didn't feel the need for the SSDS3 (lucky me I had a Turbo-R) and I don't think I'll need this either.

To put it in perspective though it's only 100US$ more than a MegaED x7 ... so it is worthy in a way (if you care to play the CD games) ... like the MegaED x7 it has full FM support for SMS games, they do not say if it supports Virtua Racing just to top it all off (recently MiSTer added support for it).

17 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

Me, I am on the other camp, I didn't feel the need for the SSSD3 (lucky me I had a Turbo-R) and I don't think I'll need this either.

To put it in perspective though it's only 100US$ more than a MegaED x7 ... so it is worthy in a way (if you care to play the CD games) ... like the MegaED x7 it has full FM support for SMS games, they do not say if it supports Virtua Racing just to top it all off (recently MiSTer added support for it).

It's playing in the video, so I'm assuming it's supported.  Look at 28:00 in the video.

Edited by F34R

15 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

Me, I am on the other camp, I didn't feel the need for the SSSD3 (lucky me I had a Turbo-R) and I don't think I'll need this either.

Yeah that's kind of what I'm looking at. It's only $100 more than a Mega Everdrive X7, so that means I can sell my X7 and make back most of what I would be paying for this. Just gotta budget for one of these. I expect that despite the price, they'll sell well. 

2 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Ok, via a tweet... right now it isn't supported.  Click on the tweet to look at the question and answer.

Edited by F34R
  • Thanks 1