3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, ErebusMaligan said:

Hyped by who? 

The megasg always said it would handle SMS as well as Genesis (and maybe sg-1000 too?), but really other than that I don't recall anyone hyping multiple cores. If anything I'd say many people especially here did the exact opposite, constantly having to remind people that the jb firmware is completely extra, unsupported at least officially, and they ought to show more gratitude for it.

After the Super NT release specifically there were people waiting on or demanding cores from the NT mini get ported over and a number of people here had to point out that nobody ever said that was going to happen, and the machine only ever promised to play SNES cartridges officially.

I still remember in this very thread back when Super NT was initially announced some guy was convinced Kevtris would write a Genesis core and just give it away for free on the Super NT.   Even after 20 people told him that wasn't going to happen and that it made very little sense, he continued to be convinced it would happen.  Well he hasn't been heard of since lol. 

• Haha 1

If you guys are so against MiSTer discussion in this thread, then change the title to something other than “FPGA Based Videogame System.” Perhaps “Analogue FPGA Systems”? This thread has become an FPGA catch all thread, so you can’t fault folks for talking about MiSTer.

47 minutes ago, LewisD said:

If you guys are so against MiSTer discussion in this thread, then change the title to something other than “FPGA Based Videogame System.” Perhaps “Analogue FPGA Systems”? This thread has become an FPGA catch all thread, so you can’t fault folks for talking about MiSTer.

"FPGA Videogame System" was referring to Kev's Zimba 3K project.   I do think a general FPGA thread where people can talk about all FPGA consoles/devices would be great.  Anyone interested? I'd rather do that then flood Kev's thread with FPGA devices he is not involved in.

16 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

"FPGA Videogame System" was referring to Kev's Zimba 3K project.   I do think a general FPGA thread where people can talk about all FPGA consoles/devices would be great.  Anyone interested? I'd rather do that then flood Kev's thread with FPGA devices he is not involved in.

It already exists:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Newsdee said:

Yes, but I don't know how to edit it.

There both 49K and 110K LE systems now.

I just posted on your thread for both 49K and 110K LE parts, but waiting for AA to approve it.   

You have to ask the mods to allow you to edit your OP I believe.  As long as you tell them its to update with newer systems I'm sure they'll allow it.

Edited by SegaSnatcher

I have a bad feeling that when the Mega Sg cart adapters for Game Gear, SG-1000, and Segs My Card come out they will be horribly underproduced, and bought up by scalpers to resell on eBay. It would be nice if there were a way for purchasers of the Mega Sg to be notified by email with a code in which to purchase 1 of each of these before they are made available to the general public. 

AnalogueCartAdapters-vgo.png

13 minutes ago, spoonman said:

I have a bad feeling that when the Mega Sg cart adapters for Game Gear, SG-1000, and Segs My Card come out they will be horribly underproduced, and bought up by scalpers to resell on eBay. It would be nice if there were a way for purchasers of the Mega Sg to be notified by email with a code in which to purchase 1 of each of these before they are made available to the general public. 

I doubt scalpers are gonna waste time trying to resell the adapters.  They will likely make enough for the people who actually care about them which is not the majority of Mega SG owners.

At this point, best not to dissapoint yourself, just assume they might not come out this year or ever and just enjoy the fact you can play all those games via JB.

15 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I doubt scalpers are gonna waste time trying to resell the adapters.  They will likely make enough for the people who actually care about them which is not the majority of Mega SG owners.

At this point, best not to dissapoint yourself, just assume they might not come out this year or ever and just enjoy the fact you can play all those games via JB.

You underestimate scalpers. Nevertheless, they should at the very least email Sg owners with a head's up on when they are made available to purchase instead of requiring us to search through countless posts in their Twitter feed.

I bought the Sg to use original accessories and games. If I only cared about loading roms I'd have stuck with software emulation or the MiSTer. 

And why assume they are not coming out this year? They replied to someone on Twitter that they are "in production".

The DAC is also coming out in the next 4 months too...According to Analogue. 

2 minutes ago, spoonman said:

You underestimate scalpers. Nevertheless, they should at the very least email Sg owners with a head's up on when they are made available to purchase instead of requiring us to search through countless posts in their Twitter feed.

I bought the Sg to use original accessories and games. If I only cared about loading roms I'd have stuck with software emulation or the MiSTer. 

And why assume they are not coming out this year? They replied to someone on Twitter that they are "in production".

The DAC is also coming out in the next 4 months too...According to Analogue. 

Just follow them on Twitter and you'll know if and when they are available to order.  

After looking at older threads, I went with the suggestion to create a dedicated MiSTer thread (as there wasn't one).

Feel free to ask any questions about it there:

We also have a generic thread for any FPGA system (linked above)

Edited by Newsdee

2 hours ago, spoonman said:

I have a bad feeling that when the Mega Sg cart adapters for Game Gear, SG-1000, and Segs My Card come out they will be horribly underproduced

I wonder if they can be custom made. It would depend on whether the cart connectors can be found easily, and whether they have any special electronics inside it (or is just wiring).

45 minutes ago, Newsdee said:

I wonder if they can be custom made. It would depend on whether the cart connectors can be found easily, and whether they have any special electronics inside it (or is just wiring).

Making adapters should be rather straight forward.  Kevtris simply has to add the option for each core to know when an adapter is inserted if he hasn't already.

We just gotta fine someone with the interest, skill and time to do it.  

I am sure the adapters will come eventually.  June 5th Analogue tweeted this out to someone "We’ll have an update on these soon. They are being produced currently. " That tells, me at least initially, they will have a finite amount of them rather than an open pre-order type thing the way they did with the Mega SG and Super NT.  Who knows if they will continue production runs or if it's a one and done sort of thing.  They are pretty slow/bad about giving that kind of information to their customers (It's been two months since their June 5th tweet to a single person about an update coming soon, LOL).  I will treat them as if they are going to have a single production run and try to order them immediately.  It took forever for them to admit the NT Mini is basically never going to be produced again.  They could use someone a little more active on their social media accounts (beyond the daily GIF).

Edited by Toth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Toth said:

I am sure the adapters will come eventually.  June 5th Analogue tweeted this out to someone "We’ll have an update on these soon. They are being produced currently. " That tells, me at least initially, they will have a finite amount of them rather than an open pre-order type thing the way they did with the Mega SG and Super NT.  Who knows if they will continue production runs or if it's a one and done sort of thing.  They are pretty slow/bad about giving that kind of information to their customers (It's been two months since their June 5th tweet to a single person about an update coming soon, LOL).  I will treat them as if they are going to have a single production run and try to order them immediately.  It took forever for them to admit the NT Mini is basically never going to be produced again.  They could use someone a little more active on their social media accounts (beyond the daily GIF).

Yeah, their Twitter feed has a wealth of animated GIFs, and not much else. 

I follow them and didn't even catch the Sg cart adapter reply. I had to Google it. A once a month Analogue product update would be fantastic.

Something like this:

DAC.... December 2019

Sg cart adapters August 2019

Nt Mini restock..... Never

The NT Mini may be a special case, because it was done at a premium price, and the market for it is more saturated.

Whoever wanted an FPGA NES and couldn't get a Mini probably got themselves an AVS by now.  Of course there is the JB FW with all the extra cores, but that's unofficial and at $500 bucks I can't see it selling well.

Now, if they manage to produce a cheaper Mini at a similar price as the NES Classic, that would definitely catch the attention of a lot of people. Not sure if margins for that would make sense commercially, though.

Just got my Mega SD in and it works PERFECTLY. Really tremendous experience once I finally got the settings right. The only thing I'm having problems with right now is transferring saves from my Mega Sg to the Mega SD; the Sg stores saves in a .sav, whereas the SD stores them as a .SRM file. If anyone knows how to convert between the two on a Mac OS computer, I'd love to hear a solution.

Drunk_Caterpillar.  That is awesome!!  When did you order yours?  I think I ordered mine like, the day it was available... June 17th.  Says my status is "Exporting" with a DHL tracking number that doesn't work.  Ah well.  Glad to know I might get mine soon... wasn't expecting it for a few months (I've gone through the whole PSIO year-long wait too haha)

2 hours ago, Drunk_Caterpillar said:

Just got my Mega SD in and it works PERFECTLY. Really tremendous experience once I finally got the settings right. The only thing I'm having problems with right now is transferring saves from my Mega Sg to the Mega SD; the Sg stores saves in a .sav, whereas the SD stores them as a .SRM file. If anyone knows how to convert between the two on a Mac OS computer, I'd love to hear a solution.

Have you tried renaming them to .SRM? If it's anything like the old 90's copiers they will be SRAM in raw format.

It should be as simple as that. 

Hells ya! Every Analogue system I have is sweeeeet. Use them all the time and they’re flawless.  I’ve got both the Super NT and Mega Sg and will buy whatever they make next.  I’m equally interested in a Neo Geo or PC Engine. I don’t own a proper Neo Geo right now so if that did come out then cool. And my PC Engine is great but one less console hooked up via RGB would be ok in my books too.

As for portables yeah I guess I’m not as interested but would probably just get one for the fun of it.