1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

New firmware being tested that allows you to use save files from other sources! I can finally transition to using the MegaSD for the majority of my games!

MegaSD Firmware 1.03 R04 - Testers release

- Support importing raw saves from other flashcarts and from MegaSG. Just rename them to MegaSD save name in the BUP folder.
- Add RAM cheats for CD games
- Add CD+G support. Supports subchannel data in .SUB files or embedded in .BIN files (CDG track type) with either scrambled or unscrambled subchannel data.
- Add Mode 2 Form 2 sectors support to CDC. Fixes wonder library sound clips in Grolier encyclopedia.
- Allow selection of which BIOS region to use when playing Audio CD and MD+ games. 
- Allow loading a BIOS for SMS games. Just place the bios in the BIOS folder, named BIOS.SMS . Running BIOS-less is still recommended as MegaSD has its own initializing code.
- Prepare firmware to support game screenshots and info
- Fix American Laser Games PCM audio channels playing at wrong times.
- Fix PCM audio channels looping not generating the proper addresses. Fixes Snatcher long random transition delays.
- Fix auto region patch priorities.
- Fix "3 ninjas kick back" black screen after game over
- Fix some transparent pixels in the bottom right TV showing pixels of the game names
- Fix Wonder Boy 3 SMS FM sound not working. Region patching will still be needed for non japanese consoles.
- Add forced seek time to more Wolfteam games

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drunk_Caterpillar said:

New firmware being tested that allows you to use save files from other sources! I can finally transition to using the MegaSD for the majority of my games!

That's really good news.

I had no luck trying to put on my MEDX7 saves on the cartridge, besides the EEPROM ones.

The way the data is, it has to be non padded with FFs in every other address for the Mega SD to accept it. It's confusing to distingush if it's a true value for the game or if it's just the way the thing is saves the data. Most emulators and flash carts will do it like this with normal saves. But the way the X7 does EEPROM saves, it makes them non-padded with FF. All that's needed to do is insert "BUP2" for the first 4 bytes for those types of saves, worked with my Rockman Mega World and Greatest Heavyweights saves.

Edited by Nigoli

15 hours ago, dj_convoy said:

Slipard, I get it; you have a valid beef with TerraOnion. They've screwed you with shipping.

I, for my part, am tired of reading about it. You've made your point; please move on.

Then be smart and don't read my posts. ?

15 hours ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

1st world probs brah. ?

Well, it's because we point and address First World problems that we don't become Third World.

And besides the 19 pages of people that address that First World problem on the TO forums (by the way, they made the same point than me and even got further with proof of TO's lies), you can also read this Wikipedia page about why this is not just a whim: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_broken_window

And once you read that, you may remember that who steals an egg steals an ox... ?

3 hours ago, Slipard said:

Then be smart and don't read my posts. ?

Well, it's because we point and address First World problems that we don't become Third World.

And besides the 19 pages of people that address that First World problem on the TO forums (by the way, they made the same point than me and even got further with proof of TO's lies), you can also read this Wikipedia page about why this is not just a whim: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_broken_window

And once you read that, you may remember that who steals an egg steals an ox... ?

As for the broken window argument, it is apples to oranges. Nothing is being destroyed. Suppose a parcel was damaged, lost, or stolen during transit, and either the post office, the distributor, or the payment processor ultimately had to refund your money while holding the bill for the missing or damaged item. That is sunk cost, a broken window.

You are clearly butthurt due to your country's tax laws. A company whom you patronize made a decision to relocate their distribution center which resulted in a favorable position for them, business wise. If it affected their bottom line for some net gain, then i was a smart move.

Please tell me, because you obviously do not approve of the vat and or import tax levied against your order, do you actively benefit in some way from government services? Did you or a child of yours attend public school? Do you have serviceable roads? Accessible health care? Job security? If you are robbed, get sick, or your house catches fire, will first responders come to your aid?

Who pays these people? You do. You pay a penance to the government in the form of taxation, be it income, sales, property, or tariffs.

You clearly have taken issue with Terra Onion, to the extent you now advocate buying knock off product from other vendor, possibly of dubious quality, merely to avoid paying dues owed to your government.

If you have issue with this taxation, take it up with your government. As a citizen of a first world country, I am sure you have the right to vote, as well as petition your local politician to advocate change to what you regard as unfair tax laws.

Taking it up with a small business trying to survive and make ends meet, rather than the government that enacted these laws, is putting the cart before the horse. If you do not like them or object to their product or pricing, then by all means spend your dollars elsewhere.

But blaming Terra Onion for what can best be described, as what you view as unfair taxation, is a bit conceited. If you were buying bread or meat, or some other essential item necessary for survival, and were being taxed at a rate that created an unfair financial burden, your argument would have merit.

First world problems are exactly that. Something completely frivolous and unimportant has you up in arms. Because something completely out of your or Terra Onion's control became an inconvenience to you, you are now acting as a social justice warrior to defame them.

Broken window fallacy. Please...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GarrettCRW said:

It's so much fun checking in on this thread to see if there's any updates with all things Kevtris/Analogue, only to find someone waging a holy war about the evil taxes he has to pay.

It's funny. I just cgecked his post hostory. 31 posts, all in this thread. ??

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 4:56 PM, SegaSnatcher said:

The question is why DAC if you own original hardware?     

You assume all original hardware has quality outputs or everyone owns a CRT with component inputs or a PVM,  they don't.  

As an example, Original Genesis consoles have terrible composite out and while you can get RGB out of them even that isn't perfect without some mods, same with SNES.  

The DAC will guarantee quality Composite, S-Video, Component and RGB across all cores it supports.  Some legacy hardware still doesn't have component/RGB mods available.

For me personally it's "why not?". I also have several models for each original console. As long as they don't price it too high I'll buy one. I like having many options. 

No mod needed for most..I already own HD Retrovision YPbPr cables for unmodded RGB output (as YUV) w/ SMS, GEN, NEO, SNES, SAT, PSX and they all look incredible on a nice CRT.

On 9/2/2019 at 12:44 AM, Kosmic Stardust said:

It's funny. I just cgecked his post hostory. 31 posts, all in this thread. ??

You know, I'm a long, long time lurker. I believe I have one or two comments ever here at AtariAge. I love how knowledgeable many of you guys are in this FPGA thread. You're all usually so insightful. I love reading about new retro tech and how you guys dissect it. You saved me from getting involved with Polymega, for instance.

I don't want to see another post about some dude bitching about VAT. Boo-hoo. Boo-hoo. FFS, you clearly had money to order it, so why are you still complaining? It's annoying.

I just want to continue to lurk, be silent, and to not see some whiney old man complain about $50. No one put a gun to your head.

I'm done.

• Like 2

Just randomly throwing out there how thankful I am to Kevtris and Smokemonster, and 8bitDo for the M30.

My Mega SG just makes me so very, very happy.  It's basically (as a simpleton) what I've been after forever.  An easy wireless way to play all the best Genesis games, hacks, prototypes, from every region with a Genesis style six button controller from my couch on a big TV in faithfully reproduced HD.  It's.  Freaking.  Amazing.  Not to mention it has introduced me to the world of ColecoVision.  That was one FINE system, too bad about the controller (much like the 5200, which I also love).

Could not be happier with it.  That is...unless they find a solution to the 32X issue. :)

• Like 1

NT-Mini questions:

Has anyone gotten XBOARD games to work with the 7800 core? I can get Donkey Kong PK to run - but without Pokey Sound. Other Pokey games work just fine, but it seems XBOARD/XM stuff is another animal.

Has anyone had any luck getting Melody games to run with the 2600?

Homebrew for Atari systems is so damn exciting these days. It'd be great to somehow get those things to work. I wish I had a PCB factory to make some cart adapters with!

4 hours ago, Sbeehive said:

NT-Mini questions:

Has anyone gotten XBOARD games to work with the 7800 core? I can get Donkey Kong PK to run - but without Pokey Sound. Other Pokey games work just fine, but it seems XBOARD/XM stuff is another animal.

Has anyone had any luck getting Melody games to run with the 2600?

Homebrew for Atari systems is so damn exciting these days. It'd be great to somehow get those things to work. I wish I had a PCB factory to make some cart adapters with!

xboard didn't exist at the time, so no.  If you can find a spec and how it works it could be added at some point.

melody games won't run because it'd need to emulate an ARM CPU