1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I will say one thing....if the prices on eBay lately for the Nt Mini (and the number of them that've been sold) are any indication, it sure seems everyone thinks an Nt Mini re-release is coming. 

As for the Pocket, I don't know the technical hurdles to recreating a GBA in FPGA, or if it's possible to do so on hardware that is cheap enough to release one right now, but I don't know that I'd be into it if it's just GB and GBC. If it's limited to just that then there I'm not seeing what, aside from portability, it would really bring to the table over a Super Game Boy in an SNt. And at least for me personally, I was never into portable gaming and played Game Boy almost exclusively on the Super Game Boy and Game Boy Player anyway. Considering how many they sold though I'm sure there are plenty of people that would be into it regardless, and if that's the way they go I wish them well, but man I hope it has a GBA core and can be played on a TV...

SNwN8qV.jpg 

fcJEZaA.jpg

Thanks! Is that standard 5.5x2.1mm like NES, Genesis 1, Super Famicom, TurboGrafx-16, etc? 2.5mm inner diameter sounds a bit odd. It's usually used to prevent you from using an earlier model's power brick.

You'd be able to fit a Turbo-CD dock PSU or CD-ROM² Interface Unit PSU though it would be the wrong voltage/polarity. IIRC, either the 5200 or Intellivision II has the same size. twinFAMICOM too. 5.5x2.5mm plugs will seem to fit more common 5.5x2.1mm consoles but the 5.5x2.1 plugs will not fit the 5.5x2.5mm consoles.

Looks like Forbes broke the embargo a couple hours early (they pulled it but Apple News still has the article available, whoops). It looks pretty decent. Although the article wasn’t truly clear on enough of the details, but it does look like it hits a lot of the asks folks we’re hoping for in this thread.

Neat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Kaide said:

Looks like Forbes broke the embargo a couple hours early (they pulled it but Apple News still has the article available, whoops). It looks pretty decent. Although the article wasn’t truly clear on enough of the details, but it does look like it hits a lot of the asks folks we’re hoping for in this thread.

Neat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to fill in the details for those who are curious:

Analogue Pocket, 3.5" screen 1600x1440, with GB/GBC/GBA and via an adapter Lynx, NGPC, and GG . They're also planning an HDMI dock. Interesting little blerb about it also working as a digital audio workstation with a built-in synthesizer.

• Like 1

Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket might make this a must buy for me.

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/analogue-pocket-vintage-handheld-game-boy?utm_content=feed&utm_campaign=dlvrit&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=wallpaper&xid=wallpaper_dlvrit_twitter

Nothing noted about video out. If there's a reasonably priced dock, that clinches it for me. 

Not that I really need them, but Analogue does have some balls pimping cartridge adapters again when we still haven't gotten the promised adapters for the Mega Sg. I anticipate much bitching....

Other than that, if it does GBA and is dockable to play on a TV, I'm in, and very excited!

I think the Nt Mini users might have a bigger gripe about that. atariage_icon_wink.gif

From what I can see, they don't multitask with the side projects and focus on the next main project once the ball gets rolling. Understandably, there wasn't much time with the DAC and Analogue Pocket in development simultaneously but I think an 18-month release cycle would suit them better anyway, giving them six months in between their usual year which they can use to focus on products for existing customers.

4 minutes ago, CZroe said:

I think the Nt Mini users might have a bigger gripe about that. atariage_icon_wink.gif

From what I can see, they don't multitask with the side projects and focus on the next main project once the ball gets rolling. Understandably, there wasn't much time with the DAC and Analogue Pocket in development simultaneously but I think an 18-month release cycle would suit them better anyway, giving them six months in between their usual year which they can use to focus on products for existing customers.

Well, there were never any promises made by Analogue on that, so you can't really complain. As for the Pocket though, I would have to imagine the logistics involved with producing a handheld device are a helluva lot more complicated than anything they've produced thus far, so major kudos on making it happen. Pretty damn impressive. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

It has an HDMI Dock and BT Controller support, but dock might be a seperate purchase.  

https://www.fastcompany.com/90417529/this-new-gaming-device-is-like-a-game-boy-for-design-snobs

It sounds like it has hdmi output on the device itself.

Unless Analogue has a “one more thing...” moment, it looks like Nt Mini prices are going back up. ?

Edited by LewisD

The GBA SP-style L & R buttons are interesting. I recall a lot of people didn't like them on GBA SP and prefer the horizontal GBA due to the cramped portrait orientation. It can't be much better here with the display further limiting your finger placement.

I hope the extra face buttons in GB modes can be dynamically assigned to L, R, Start, or Select... especially Start and Select. On the Analogue Pocket, S&S are placed poorly for use as auxiliary action buttons. Some games did use them that way due to lack of buttons.

These concerns will be almost non-issues if you could assign whatever you want to the extra action buttons on the face.