2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, dj_convoy said:

Hopefully everyone can now untwist their knickers about this.

Now, what will suck is the ridiculous shipping they charge for these... :D

I think that’s a little unfair, they were a prominent selling point of the system. 

The real issue imo was the lack of coms. The occasional update just to let us know they were still coming was all it would have taken to keep the majority happy.

Agree on the shipping charges though ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think that’s a little unfair, they were a prominent selling point of the system.   

The real issue imo was the lack of coms. The occasional update just to let us know they were still coming was all it would have taken to keep the majority happy.

Agree on the shipping charges though [emoji28]

Perhaps it would have been premature. Maybe they weren't really sure how it would shake out and didn't want to say anything too soon.

Let's say they couldn't get the custom connectors made and had to find a way to mitigate the issues with the others. How would they explain that to us AFTER telling us that they didn't measure up to their standards? That wouldn't go over too well. Sometimes you just make things harder when you are a little too open about the process.

• Like 1

Have they given an MSRP on the adapters yet? I would think $10 - $15 would be about right. "These took quite a bit longer to produce as we ended up designing and manufacturing our own cartridge slots to meet Analogue standards" may suggest otherwise though. And yes, lets hope they keep the shipping realistic.

I also hope they limit it to 1 of each adapter per Mega Sg owner if these are are a very limited production item. We don't need scalpers jumping in and ordering 100 of each. 

It's unlikely I know, but a ColecoVision cart adapter to go along with the Mega Sg core would be great. Then the Mega Sg would blow the Coleco Phoenix away. 

AnalogueMegaSgCartAdapters-vgo-02.jpg

AnalogueMegaSgCartAdapters-vgo-01.jpg

17 minutes ago, spoonman said:

Have they given an MSRP on the adapters yet? I would think $10 - $15 would be about right. "These took quite a bit longer to produce as we ended up designing and manufacturing our own cartridge slots to meet Analogue standards" may suggest otherwise though. And yes, lets hope they keep the shipping realistic.

I also hope they limit it to 1 of each adapter per Mega Sg owner if these are are a very limited production item. We don't need scalpers jumping in and ordering 100 of each. 

It's unlikely I know, but a ColecoVision cart adapter to go along with the Mega Sg core would be great. Then the Mega Sg would blow the Coleco Phoenix away. 

IDK, I think it kinda already blows it away dollar for dollar, but yeah a cart adapter would still be cool.

That's got to be a little scary for them, as the demand may not be met to amortize the cost on the less-popular options, unless they try to appeal to the collector side of things and allow an option for a set purchase and maybe offer that as an option from the get-go, along with the main console.  That will get cheers and howls from folks, for sure, though it makes pure business sense, as well as allowing options. Hey, you might save some on postage, overall :P  The Coleco adapter would be an excellent idea, but it opens up a situation, itself, where people may want adapters for other cores...we can be a finicky and demanding bunch. ;)

Edited by AtariNerd

On 11/16/2019 at 2:27 PM, dj_convoy said:

Hopefully everyone can now untwist their knickers about this.

Now, what will suck is the ridiculous shipping they charge for these... :D

Would be nice to get combine shipping for those who pre-ordered the DAC and ship them all at the same time. TBH, I could wait and ship the Pocket in the same package.

It would be best to get a analogue.eu shop based somewhere in EU. (with some +% extra cost) but fair shipping.

Just looked and I bought the DAC and the shipping is, again, ridiculous.  I probably knew this going it, but damn.  I think the pocket thingy is going to be my last buy from them.  I don't see anything else they could make that I'd want/need.  Shipping cost is really eating away at me.

$178.79 in shipping for five items.  Average shipping for me is $35.76 per product.

Edited by F34R

52 minutes ago, F34R said:

Just looked and I bought the DAC and the shipping is, again, ridiculous.  I probably knew this going it, but damn.  I think the pocket thingy is going to be my last buy from them.  I don't see anything else they could make that I'd want/need.  Shipping cost is really eating away at me.

$178.79 in shipping for five items.  Average shipping for me is $35.76 per product.

Within the USA? If so, then that's insane. I just shipped 40 pounds of video game magazines and DVD demos across the country for $19.95 via 4 day UPS SurePost®. You can even ship up to 70 pounds for the same price. I don't understand why they don't go with another shipping service. I was considering buying the DAC, but I hate overpaying for shipping. 

41 minutes ago, spoonman said:

Within the USA? If so, then that's insane. I just shipped 40 pounds of video game magazines and DVD demos across the country for $19.95 via 4 day UPS SurePost®. You can even ship up to 70 pounds for the same price. I don't understand why they don't go with another shipping service. I was considering buying the DAC, but I hate overpaying for shipping. 

Yep, good 'ol USA shipping.

• Like 1

IN other news, first announced FPGA core ( to my knowledge ) planned to be ported to the Analogue Pocket will be a GBA core by FPGAzumspass ---> Robert Peip. So for anyone wondering, looks like there are definitely some people interested. I think this bodes well in general for pocket + dock potential to be the ultimate 'Switch Type' emulation system (unofficially). Assuming the (skull and crossbones) pirate himself doesn't make them all available anyways ( which I guess you probably can't because that would leave the code exposed / unless that can be some secured format ? ). 

https://github.com/RobertPeip/FPGBA

IN other news, first announced FPGA core ( to my knowledge ) planned to be ported to the Analogue Pocket will be a GBA core by FPGAzumspass ---> Robert Peip. So for anyone wondering, looks like there are definitely some people interested. I think this bodes well in general for pocket + dock potential to be the ultimate 'Switch Type' emulation system (unofficially).

Seems an odd choice considering the Analogue Pocket is already going to have an FPGA core for GBA. Won't it be limited to the smaller FPGA? Is that even possible?

Assuming the (skull and crossbones) pirate himself doesn't make them all available anyways ( which I guess you probably can't because that would leave the code exposed / unless that can be some secured format ? ).

Sorry. I'm not following. Are you calling Kevtris or the unnamed jailbreaker a "pirate?" You don't consider those cores "available" unless they are an unsecure/exposed format or open-source? Are you saying he won't port it if "the pirate" does make them available? It seems you expect us to be aware of a lot of subtext that you aren't sharing here.

17 minutes ago, CZroe said:

Seems an odd choice considering the Analogue Pocket is already going to have an FPGA core for GBA. Won't it be limited to the smaller FPGA? Is that even possible?

Sorry. I'm not following. Are you calling Kevtris or the unnamed jailbreaker a "pirate?" You don't consider those cores "available" unless they are an unsecure/exposed format or open-source? Are you saying he won't port it if "the pirate" does make them available? It seems you expect us to be aware of a lot of subtext that you aren't sharing here.

* Yeah of course I don't know at this point what can or can't be ported to Pocket, but it is a target system for this specific developer. Why do GBA? Who knows, maybe because it's open - source. People can fiddle with it and learn about FPGA console emulation? Maybe same reason people keep porting Doom to every console, heck I think there is a port of Doom playable on my Toaster... 

* Here, I'm just making a statement on the fact that I don't know if Kevtris plans on ' unofficially ' offering some cores for the open side of the Pocket not officially listed. 

Like making NES core available for example, and the other side of that is - He can't , because of how the smaller open FPGA works, there would be no way to protect his IPs.

- But what I'm really trying to say here *People are interested in developing FPGA console cores for the Analogue Pocket, if its possible.*

* Yeah of course I don't know at this point what can or can't be ported to Pocket, but it is a target system for this specific developer. Why do GBA? Who knows, maybe because it's open - source. People can fiddle with it and learn about FPGA console emulation? Maybe same reason people keep porting Doom to every console, heck I think there is a port of Doom playable on my Toaster... 
* Here, I'm just making a statement on the fact that I don't know if Kevtris plans on ' unofficially ' offering some cores for the open side of the Pocket not officially listed. 
Like making NES core available for example, and the other side of that is - He can't , because of how the smaller open FPGA works, there would be no way to protect his IPs.
- But what I'm really trying to say here *People are interested in developing FPGA console cores for the Analogue Pocket, if its possible.*

Thanks. I'm very interested to see what's possible. I wonder if Analogue, Kevtris, or "the jailbreaker" might even consider working with others to add cores to the main FPGA when they get too big for the smaller one but seem like they would really help.

1 hour ago, CZroe said:

Won't it be limited to the smaller FPGA? Is that even possible?

Please someone correct me if I’m wrong but as I understood it the larger FPGA will be available for development. And the smaller will contain the scaling engine, UI etc.

That way you can port your own cores without having to write your own scaling code etc.

Edited by Enragedwhale

1 hour ago, Enragedwhale said:

Please someone correct me if I’m wrong but as I understood it the larger FPGA will be available for development. And the smaller will contain the scaling engine, UI etc.

That way you can port your own cores without having to write your own scaling code etc.

That's correct

• Like 1