1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Maybe their Facebook response was an inside joke that you'll only get once they announce the Analogue 8. Or maybe it's just bullshit, although if that was someone in an official capacity at Analogue that made that post, it would be pretty messed up.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the damn Pocket. It's 2020, lets go.

• Haha 1

Who is Jonie? If he/she is just an online receptionist of sorts, then he/she is just replying with the same form-letter response that he/she has been using for the last several months.

Then why did no one report the news of it being officially canceled? We've all been waiting for confirmation one way or the other with bated breath. This is the first time I've heard of them saying it was discontinued.

We've been noting for a few years now that other Analogue products said "Discontinued" in no uncertain terms while the Nt Mini just said out of stock or something. On that note, perhaps they confused the question with someone asking about the original Analogue Nt, which has been discontinued.

I bet the person who said if they got to 1,000 didn't think it would get that high or isn't at a level to make that decision and they shouldn't have posted it.  It's weird to me a company that knows their product is in demand and essentially can't lose money on it wouldn't keep selling it.  I'd love to know the real reason.  They have/had all the steps to have it manufactured set up already.   I wonder if some of the parts just aren't available anymore or maybe the analog side of it is the issue since it wouldn't fit in with selling the DAC but the DAC seems pretty limited at this point.

Edited by Toth

1 hour ago, Intense.Mark said:

At least we know we for news about this until the end of the month unlike the Analogue Pocket

They've said February for Pocket preorders on social media.

And in response to Pixelboy, I disagree. I'd also eliminate the analog video circuitry and cut the price even further. Let the minority that intend to use it on an old CRT purchase the add-on DAC instead. That's why it was made an add-on for the Mega Sg and Super Nt in the first place, in recognition of how most of their customers were utilizing their Analogue systems while still supporting the probably not insubstantial minority that continue to want high quality analog video out of their new fpga systems.

Then it's the best of both worlds for everyone. Those that know they won't use the feature don't have to pay for it (We're not talking something that adds a mere $5-$10 here, or they'd of never dropped it from their last two systems), while those that want it can still spend the money for the feature without any compromise in analog video quality (And likely not incur a huge difference in overall price, especially if DAC shipping fees aren't heavily inflated).

It's a good solution and if this Nt Mini rerelease happens it would be nice to see it be taken advantage of. Even some of those that like utilizing their Analogue systems on CRT's probably would appreciate it since a few surely utilize their systems on both a HDTV and CRT from time to time and with a one-time purchase of the DAC, they don't have to keep paying for the feature in subsequent Analogue hardware releases that they're only occasionally taking advantage of.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

They've said February for Pocket preorders on social media.

And in response to Pixelboy, I disagree. I'd also eliminate the analog video circuitry and cut the price even further. Let the minority that intend to use it on an old CRT purchase the add-on DAC instead. That's why it was made an add-on for the Mega Sg and Super Nt in the first place, in recognition of how most of their customers were utilizing their Analogue systems, while still supporting the probably not insubstantial minority that continue to want high quality analog video out of their new fpga systems.

Then it's the best of both worlds for everyone. Those that know they won't use the feature don't have to pay for it (We're not talking something that adds a mere $5-$10 here, or they'd of never dropped it from their last two systems), while those that want it can still spend the money for the feature without any compromise in analog video quality (And likely not incur a huge difference in overall price, especially if DAC shipping fees aren't heavily inflated).

True, but then those who have the "aluminum version" with the analog video circuitry may try to sell their console to those who want to play the NT Mini on their CRT. So the demand for the DAC may not increase tremendously.

I agree dropping the analog output is something they should do, and with a plastic enclosure, it would be easy to differentiate the two models.  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Any PVMs?

Yes, but I prefer the look of curved shadowmask consumer CRTs, the style that was common in arcades and home TVs in the late 1990s.  The PVMs, app grilles, and flat CRTs don’t look like what I played games on in arcades and at home back in the day.

My favorite line of CRT TV is the JVC D-Series.  RF, composite, s-video, and component on a nice 32-inch picture tube.

I also own multiple Analogue HDMI consoles, an OSSC, and RetroTink 2x... as well as a 65-inch LG E9 OLED flatscreen.  I prefer PS2 and earlier generation consoles on the CRTs.  PS3 and newer on the OLED.

Having played extensively on HDMI and OLED and then going back to CRTs, I can honestly say that many classic games were designed for CRTs and they look best on a CRT.  Yes the CRT look is more “fuzzy” than an OLED, but the bitmaps for the older games actually take advantage of the CRT blooming, scanlines, etc.

Edited by Jagasian
  • Like 2

On 1/29/2020 at 3:10 PM, seastalker said:

I REALLY need one of these as a tool for music production first.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but Nanoloop is already available for both Andoid and iOS for $3.49 and $3.99 respectfully. It's a fun little audio app.

I also highly recommend Korg's DS-10 Synthesizer. I bought extra DS's just for it. It's very handy for some quick sequencing. When using it on a DS-i or 3DS you can alsol double up the instrument patches along with some other improvements. 

On 1/31/2020 at 1:57 AM, mikem said:

Hey everyone!  I’m the guy who started the petition and frankly I’m not surprised how much traction it’s getting. Look at how much these things go for on eBay. Clearly there’s a ton of unfilled demand! I’m glad Analogue set a realistic goal ? ... I think we’ll have 1,000 signatures by tomorrow! I can’t wait to get my hands on that aluminum goodness!

What's the URL for Analogue's Facebook reply? All I see is screenshots, but I can't find an actual link when searching. 

11 hours ago, Jagasian said:

Yes, but I prefer the look of curved shadowmask consumer CRTs, the style that was common in arcades and home TVs in the late 1990s.  The PVMs, app grilles, and flat CRTs don’t look like what I played games on in arcades and at home back in the day.

My favorite line of CRT TV is the JVC D-Series.  RF, composite, s-video, and component on a nice 32-inch picture tube.

I also own multiple Analogue HDMI consoles, an OSSC, and RetroTink 2x... as well as a 65-inch LG E9 OLED flatscreen.  I prefer PS2 and earlier generation consoles on the CRTs.  PS3 and newer on the OLED.

Having played extensively on HDMI and OLED and then going back to CRTs, I can honestly say that many classic games were designed for CRTs and they look best on a CRT.  Yes the CRT look is more “fuzzy” than an OLED, but the bitmaps for the older games actually take advantage of the CRT blooming, scanlines, etc.

If you're a fan of the curved shadowmasks, I might recommend any of the Ikegami monitors. I have a few and I absolutely love them. Let me put it like this. I have a BVM-D32, and I like my Ikegami's better in many ways. They're a PITA with sync (especially the HTM line which are the HD ones), but man I love that shadowmask on the curved tube. Of course they'll still be sharper than a consumer set, but they're a much better compromise to a PVM/BVM if that isn't your thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pesh42 said:

The Ghostly / Analogue Super NT also shows "Ships in 24-48 hours" after being sold out since just after launch. Wonder if they got the remaining stock from leftovers at the Ghostly web store.

Thanks for the info. Just ordered a Ghostly. I hope it's not a mistake....