2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

How? ? Did he stuff a composite adc somewhere?

the tuner has an ADC.  It outputs data in the format the LCD on the GG takes, which is... terrible.  It is actually checkerboard interlaced.  I played megaman 2 on the tuner and it was... rough. looool.  But it's in there.  So you could play skyrim on the mega sg in 160*144 pixel glory  (or gory).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevtris said:

the tuner has an ADC.  It outputs data in the format the LCD on the GG takes, which is... terrible.  It is actually checkerboard interlaced.  I played megaman 2 on the tuner and it was... rough. looool.  But it's in there.  So you could play skyrim on the mega sg in 160*144 pixel glory  (or gory).

Hi @kevtris !

Will you do a GB/GBC adaptor (with cable link option) for NT Mini if finally Analogue will made a third batch of the NT Mini?

And.. Will you finally add NES Famicom Disk System / FDS jailbreak at the NT Mini or Pocket? :)

Thanks! My appreciation to your work!

Does Colecovision Choplifter work okay for other people on their Mega Sg? I'm getting graphically corruption with the latest No Intro rom on the standard Colecovision bios. My shots are a pair of vertical lines, the helicopter when I land to rescue troops becomes 4 or 5 vertical lines, etc. 

6 hours ago, Atariboy said:

Does Colecovision Choplifter work okay for other people on their Mega Sg? I'm getting graphically corruption with the latest No Intro rom on the standard Colecovision bios. My shots are a pair of vertical lines, the helicopter when I land to rescue troops becomes 4 or 5 vertical lines, etc. 

You have a bad rom.  I also had a similar issue.  Look for a rom with these hash values. 

Good Rom Hash Values

CRC32: 030E0D48
MD5: B3719118E9CFCC1234CD01C1E3FB84CF
SHA-1: 3A7E5EA50495A666BAC8DF0B3B2C82B5BE65AD18

• Like 2

On 2/4/2020 at 4:29 PM, Toth said:

Got my shipping info... Should have the DAC Friday! Woohoo!

My DAC will arrive tomorrow... in US (I'm in Brazil).

I apreciate if someone can confirm if the DAC can work with either a manual (passive) or automatic hdmi switch. I have no plans to buy 2 more DACs (Super NT, Super SG and Pocket) and hate to swap cables every use (even an easy to swap hdmi cable).

Bob from RetroRGB wrote on twitter that he tested with a 2 way hdmi splitter (duplicate output) and it didn't work.... ☹️

Kevtris, this is weird question, but is there any way to go ahead and kill the poll at the top of this thread? I mean, I think at this point we all know what direction you are going with (sadly no Zimba 3000 in the way you initially polled about), but the poll eats up a lot of room at the top when browsing this thread on a phone.

It's a little thing, but I think we've moved beyond the original question anyway, maybe it's time for a new thread?

1 minute ago, XtraSmiley said:

Kevtris, this is weird question, but is there any way to go ahead and kill the poll at the top of this thread? I mean, I think at this point we all know what direction you are going with (sadly no Zimba 3000 in the way you initially polled about), but the poll eats up a lot of room at the top when browsing this thread on a phone.

It's a little thing, but I think we've moved beyond the original question anyway, maybe it's time for a new thread?

I'd have to agree.  The poll is not really relevant anymore since Kevtris works for Analogue now and is not likely to release his own console independently.  

3 minutes ago, RetrogamerX said:

Mega Sg cartridge adapters for Game Gear, Mark III, MyCard, SG-1000 & SC-3000 are up.

Get ready for super cheap shipping. lol ?

$21 to New Hampshire. Nearly half the price of the adapters.

Was always going to order them regardless.

Edited by Cosmic Owl

On 2/6/2020 at 1:36 AM, kevtris said:

Skyrim Nintendo Switch -> HDMI converter -> composite RF modulator -> Rabbit ears -> GG tuner antenna -> adapter -> GB pocket.

Yay for 90s technology: 144p portable gaming!

On 2/4/2020 at 8:09 PM, CZroe said:
On 2/4/2020 at 8:06 PM, mario64 said:
Does anyone sell this cable? It would need to mix in RCA audio as well 

I believe either Retro Access Cable or Retro Gaming Cables can do it but you might have to wait until they get their hands on a DAC to properly engineer the cables.

For anyone interested, Retro Access is your only choice for this cable. Per Robert with Retro Gaming Cables they will not be making one.

Edited by mario64
  • Like 1

I bought two sets.  $19.68 shipping to MN.  At least they didn't double the shipping for ordering two.  I like their products and Kevtris too much not to buy their stuff due to the shipping cost.

It's too bad they packaged them all together and didn't let us buy the ones we want individually.

Edited by Toth

Dang, this makes me super nervous about how many pre-orders or sales of the Pocket they are going to be able to fullfill.  These things have been in the works since the Mega SG was announced and they are already sold out...

Edited by Toth

23 minutes ago, CZroe said:

Well, they're sold out now. Wish I had just gone ahead and ordered two sets instead of waiting to see if anyone was interested in saving on shipping. :(

Still showing them in stock for me on the ordering page. Maybe refresh or wiggle the cables or something?

It's also possible my page has not updated itself, that wouldn't shock me.

Edit: Seeing a bunch of messages on Twitter about being told it is out of stock when added to cart, hmm an error or genuinely too small of an initial order of their part?

Edited by pesh42
updated / typo