1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Still showing them in stock for me on the ordering page. Maybe refresh or wiggle the cables or something?

It's also possible my page has not updated itself, that wouldn't shock me.

Edit: Seeing a bunch of messages on Twitter about being told it is out of stock when added to cart, hmm an error or genuinely too small of an initial order of their part?

That's what I thought until I tried to finish checking out. I had already added it to my cart and adjusted quantity to 2 when I saw a tweet from GameSack saying they were out of stock. I returned to my cart and tried to continue and it told me they were OOS even though the main page still says "Ships in 24-48 hours." I tried deleting and adding them again and I got the same error. It seems GameSack is right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RetrogamerX said:

I'm hearing coronavirus virus could put a lot of shortages in all electronics which includes Video Game consoles made in china.   I wonder if this will hurt Analogue?  Nintendo is having a hard time keeping stock of Nintendo Switch in japan and could even effect PS5 & Xbox Series X:(

Just received an email from Retro gaming cables Uk and they are with issues in supply chain in China. Probably because of coronavirus. also see the green letters related with Analogue:

"Dear Retro Gamer

Since the Christmas rush we have slowly started to replenish stock. Most items are back in stock now including the Universal Nintendo, Dreamcast and PlayStation RG SCART cables.

Unfortunately there is no ETA on the RAD2X cables due to supply chain issues in China. But we will advise as soon as we get an update.

Analogue reached out to us asking whether we would like to become a cable provider for the Nt mini, DAC and custom cable for the 32X. I just need to feedback from you guys to see whether if there is enough interest from the community for these cables.

Best regards" 

• Sad 1

VERY disappointed with the DAC. First off, it will not work with an HDMI switch. It needs to have the power out connected to a system in order to work. On top of that, they didn't bother to include any cables to connect. For the premium you pay for their products, and the bullshit shipping costs, I expect a couple of nice short little USB and HDMI cables so that I don't have a mess of cables all over the place just to connect it. Additionally, Component does not work on my JVC D-series consumer set. Personally, I'll be returning mine. VERY, VERY disappointed with this. 

Edited by jamon1567

14 minutes ago, jamon1567 said:

VERY disappointed with the DAC. First off, it will not work with an HDMI switch. It needs to have the power out connected to a system in order to work. On top of that, they didn't bother to include any cables to connect. For the premium you pay for their products, and the bullshit shipping costs, I expect a couple of nice short little USB and HDMI cables so that I don't have a mess of cables all over the place just to connect it. Additionally, Component does not work on my JVC D-series consumer set. Personally, I'll be returning mine. VERY, VERY disappointed with this. 

Are you using the recommended monoprice HD15 to component cable? 

Edited by hyrulebr
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Toth said:

I don't know enough about the technical parts of it but it seems really weird an analog component signal wouldn't work on everything.  480i doesn't work?  I know 480p won't work on most crts.

Composite and S-vid work fine. If I change through the inputs when component is selected I can see for a split second an effed up screen from whatever I have hooked up like it can't sync or something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andromeda Stardust said:

Skyrim Nintendo Switch -> HDMI converter -> composite RF modulator -> Rabbit ears -> GG tuner antenna -> adapter -> GB pocket.

Yay for 90s technology: 144p portable gaming!

As it ships, the adapter needs some parts added to use the RF input and/or get audio out of the tuner.  These were not added since the tuner isn't officially supported.   The composite video input WILL work though on the adapter as it ships.  

I used a dual RCA to 1/8" stereo cable to feed the audio/video into the tuner, and plugged it straight into my NES.   For audio, a few resistors/caps and an op-amp are required.  This matches the high impedance output of the tuner to the low impedance input of the Genesis.

For RF use, a boost regulator is required;  this boosts the 5V up to around 35V(!) to run the tuner.  Later I will post a list of the required parts for each.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, hyrulebr said:

Are you using the recommended monoprice HD15 to component cable? 

Yes, so long as the recommended Monoprice cable is the same as what they recommend for the Nt Mini and which I'ved used on that. It works on an Ikegami monitor I have (although there is something about the sync that that monitor doesn't like cuz anything through the DAC, or my Nt Mini for that matter, has flagging....this monitor is super picky about sync though, so it doesn't surprise me) and I'd be willing to bet it would work on my BVM and my flatscreens. Either way, it doesn't really matter because it's a complete waste (for me anyway) if it won't work with a switch.

Edited by jamon1567

Thinking about this DAC thing....if it was only ever going to be compatible with one system at a time, then I don't even know why they bothered. I know a bunch of people bitched about wanting one, and I dont really wanna be that guy bitching about it now that we got it, but it would have made more sense to just make "pro" versions of each system that had both analog and digital outputs. 

2 hours ago, CZroe said:

Well, they're sold out now. Wish I had just gone ahead and ordered two sets instead of waiting to see if anyone was interested in saving on shipping. :(

I mean, obviously they weren't going to make them at one to one levels with the SG, but they must have not made very many at all if they are already gone. That's disappointing, especially after the long wait. 

3 minutes ago, dj_convoy said:

I mean, obviously they weren't going to make them at one to one levels with the SG, but they must have not made very many at all if they are already gone. That's disappointing, especially after the long wait. 

Well, when you see a bunch pop up on eBay in a week or so, you'll know where they went....?

1 hour ago, hyrulebr said:

Just received an email from Retro gaming cables Uk and they are with issues in supply chain in China. Probably because of coronavirus. also see the green letters related with Analogue:

Analogue reached out to us asking whether we would like to become a cable provider for the Nt mini, DAC and custom cable for the 32X. I just need to feedback from you guys to see whether if there is enough interest from the community for these cables.

Best regards" 

Yup me too, replied saying I’d buy a 32x and DAC cable.

Is the mention of the NT mini a hint at a possible run following the petition?

7 minutes ago, Enragedwhale said:

Yup me too, replied saying I’d buy a 32x and DAC cable.

Is the mention of the NT mini a hint at a possible run following the petition?

There will be another run. They confirmed on the petition Facebook and support also told me just last night they will be doing another run.

Kev, the instructions with the DAC say that the firmware can be updated. Is there any chance of this thing working with HDMI switches in the future? Would it be possible for this to work with a switch that was powered by USB? I noticed that when I hooked it up to my switch the LED on it was a steady white when the USB out was not hooked into anything. When I hooked it up to my console though it was blue and it worked of course. If the power out was hooked up into a switch for instance, would it work?

5 minutes ago, jamon1567 said:

Kev, the instructions with the DAC say that the firmware can be updated. Is there any chance of this thing working with HDMI switches in the future? Would it be possible for this to work with a switch that was powered by USB? I noticed that when I hooked it up to my switch the LED on it was a steady white when the USB out was not hooked into anything. When I hooked it up to my console though it was blue and it worked of course. If the power out was hooked up into a switch for instance, would it work?

The DAC uses non-standard HDMI signaling so the switch probably doesn't like it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dj_convoy said:

Surely they have to restock the adaptors? After all they are still selling the SG on the basis that it’ll play all of sega’s 8+16bit games on their native formats......

Edited by Enragedwhale
Grammar

14 minutes ago, kevtris said:

The DAC uses non-standard HDMI signaling so the switch probably doesn't like it. 

So in theory, the DAC shouldn't care if the USB power out isn't connected to and powering anything? I was thinking about ordering another switch off Amazon that uses micro usb as it's power plug just to test. 

On 2/5/2020 at 10:02 PM, SegaSnatcher said:

Spoonman has wanted these adapters for a long time, happy he'll finally be able to order them.

Yes, I've waited since day one to buy these when they were promised in 2019 for $10 each...Since I've been sick I've been sleeping late and I didn't get the notice until 2 hours ago and it said... SOLD OUT. My luck.

I think I am done with all of this. I've been advertising and selling consoles for them for years now and I always get screwed in the process.. $25 shipping on everything I order. Why weren't the people who ordered the Mega Sg allowed to order 1 PER PERSON -- ahead of those who didn't order a Mega Sg. How long before we see the adapters on eBay for $100? 
How many sets were produced? We'll never likely know.

3 hours ago, Toth said:

I bought two sets.  $19.68 shipping to MN.  At least they didn't double the shipping for ordering two.  I like their products and Kevtris too much not to buy their stuff due to the shipping cost.

It's too bad they packaged them all together and didn't let us buy the ones we want individually.

Care to sell one to me? I'm in NY.. I'll pay the full shipping.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, jamon1567 said:

So in theory, the DAC shouldn't care if the USB power out isn't connected to and powering anything? I was thinking about ordering another switch off Amazon that uses micro usb as it's power plug just to test. 

yeah the DAC doesn't care what powers it, so long as it's 5V.  It does not have to have anything connected to USB out- that is there so you can daisy chain power off one adapter and not need two.

12 minutes ago, CZroe said:

Huh? How would limiting them to Mega Sg buyers help at all when the only people interested in them are Mega Sg owners?

You know for a fact that the only people buying them actually own a Mega Sg? I imagine the same people who bought up the limited edition Analogue consoles to flip on eBay are doing the same here, and I've seen more than a few people buy multiple sets of these.