2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, Toth said:

Dang, this makes me super nervous about how many pre-orders or sales of the Pocket they are going to be able to fullfill.  These things have been in the works since the Mega SG was announced and they are already sold out...

Missed out on the adapters and I'm fairly bummed...

I was planning to do my next YouTube video on the Game Gear adapter after waiting almost a year for the primary reason I picked up an SG (I already have several Genesis consoles with HD Retrovision cables).

Checked the site multiple times yesterday while working from home, reached out on Twitter to ask if the "later this week" launch time was - in fact - yesterday, and got no reply.

I can't even find a launch email in my inbox despite double-checking that I was on the mailing list. All around disappointing, but at least there's a lot of amazing products coming out of the Retro scene this year. On to the next thing...

I don't really need the adapters, they might be more a nice to have (though if the My Card can make the 3d glasses work... maybe). The price hike is disappointing, and I am also bummed for others here with large collections that really could have used them but missed out. Kevtris is fantastic, and I adore the Analogue products, but PLEASE someone at Analogue on the business side, think longer term creating a fan base for future purchases.  It is beyond frustrating to not know to pre-order a DAC right away ASAP or if it is safe to wait a few days, knowing the adapters were coming, and one could order both to save a bit on shipping. Further, if one did pre-order two things together, combined shipping should be an option if your account already has a pre-order attached to it. Please don't do this again with the Pocket and the dock, and please be ready for orders so Pockets dont go out of stock before one can get it from cart to finish.

17 hours ago, RetrogamerX said:

A friend of mine just got his ghostly super Nt and it didn’t come with a controller and receiver?  I also looked on the super nt subreddit and a few others just received the console minus controller and receiver . That can’t be right?  You’re paying $249 And you get no controller and receiver. If I bought one I would return it for a full refund.

That's strange since the Ghostly edition is supposed to come with one, have you contacted Analogue about this?

Edited by ApolloBoy

19 hours ago, RetrogamerX said:

A friend of mine just got his ghostly super Nt and it didn’t come with a controller and receiver?  I also looked on the super nt subreddit and a few others just received the console minus controller and receiver . That can’t be right?  You’re paying $249 And you get no controller and receiver. If I bought one I would return it for a full refund.

RetrogamerX can you update us and ask your friend on how Analogue resolves this? We assume that these are extra consoles originally used for replacing defective units under warranty and they probably don't have enough Ghostly white controllers. If that's the case it's either return the item for a full refund or a partial refund for the controller.

Edited by Intense.Mark

I missed my chance for the adapters for my Mega SG yesterday!  I noticed the email announcing their release 4 hours after it was sent to me.  But when I signed on to make the purchase they had already sold out.  What the heck!

I've got both the Mega SG and Super NT and I love them.  I was also excited about purchasing the Pocket when it comes out.  But I hesitate now to purchase it unless I can somehow reserve the Atari Lynx adapter at the same time.

I'm super frustrated at the lack of availability, I was really looking forward to the Game Gear adapter.  Did they only produce 25 of them or what?

12 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

Not a bit OT, more like completely OT. You should create a new thread for this.

Sorry. I'd delete it if I could. I can't even edit it at this point. I figured it wasn't enough news to create a new topic for, and it was brought up in this thread in the past. I didn't think it was completely off topic since there is some crossover with those of us who bought both Paprium, and a Mega Sg, in which to play it on. I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone. I was trying to alert those who may have pre-ordered Paprium, figured they lost their money.. It turned out to be from a fake account anyway, so disregard all of it.

9 hours ago, ApolloBoy said:

That's strange since the Ghostly edition is supposed to come with one, have you contacted Analogue about this?

4 hours ago, spoonman said:

Sorry. I'd delete it if I could. I can't even edit it at this point. I figured it wasn't enough news to create a new topic for, and it was brought up in this thread in the past. I didn't think it was completely off topic since there is some crossover with those of us who bought both Paprium, and a Mega Sg, in which to play it on. I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone. I was trying to alert those who may have pre-ordered Paprium, figured they lost their money.. It turned out to be from a fake account anyway, so disregard all of it.

Analogue hasn't replied back to him. The thing that stings is that they charged him full price which says on the sales page it comes with controller and receiver.  It's happened to a few others as well on Reddit. I told him to return for refund, but he wants to wait until analogue response. From what I can see they support hasn't been that great. 

Edited by RetrogamerX
add more text

Has anyone ever fired up Desert Strike for the Sega Master System on their Mega Sg? I'm having an issue with multiple roms of it with the latest jailbreak software.

When I hit the start/pause button to bring up my status screen and map, the game locks up and makes an unpleasant static noise. If I press it almost immediately after lifting off the destroyer's helicopter deck it will work and bring me to that screen. But if more than 4 or 5 seconds have passed, it doesn't work.

I don't have the European cartridge to check with, but I have tried changing the region to Europe, loading up various PAL bios files, and forcing 3 button mode with no success. 

And you were right about my Colecovision Choplifter issue, SegaSnatcher. An alternate rom is working just fine for me now (I was under the impression these annual 'No Intro' sets had the bad dumps weeded out of them, but apparently some still exist). So thanks for the help there. :)

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, jongolo said:

I'm super frustrated at the lack of availability, I was really looking forward to the Game Gear adapter.  Did they only produce 25 of them or what?

$10, available separately, shortly after release was what they promised. I personally have no use for the Mark III / Card adapters, but the GG one for $10 seemed more than reasonable. And you cannot use SMS accessories which plug into the card slot. For that, you still need a modified Power Base Converter.

$50 bundle, excessive shipping (please Analogue, just throw it in a priority / readypost box for domestic shipping) and extremely limited release is what we got. I still have a sack of Game Gear games I picked up for cheap after I preordered the Mega SG, with nothing to play them on.

Analogue, will you drop the ball again with the Pocket? I consider Lynx and Game Gear adapters a quintessential companion to this device.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Andromeda Stardust said:

$10, available separately, shortly after release was what they promised. I personally have no use for the Mark III / Card adapters, but the GG one for $10 seemed more than reasonable. And you cannot use SMS accessories which plug into the card slot. For that, you still need a modified Power Base Converter.

$50 bundle, excessive shipping (please Analogue, just throw it in a priority / readypost box for domestic shipping) and extremely limited release is what we got. I still have a sack of Game Gear games I picked up for cheap after I preordered the Mega SG, with nothing to play them on.

Analogue, will you drop the ball again with the Pocket? I consider Lynx and Game Gear adapters a quintessential companion to this device.

That $10 separately is going to run you $30-$40 after shipping is tallied up.  smh  When the shipping costs twice as much as the product.. well, you get the idea.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, F34R said:

That $10 separately is going to run you $30-$40 after shipping is tallied up.  smh  When the shipping costs twice as much as the product.. well, you get the idea.

Well small flat rate box went up to $8.30. Easily cram 3 adapters in there.

Still cheaper than anything Analogue offers...

Wishful thinking, but JB firmware for the pocket. Gaming on the go, and 8-bit portability. Make the NT mini redundant with hdmi.

The cart adapters will be worth it for me for the pocket. Game Gear, Lynx, and PCe would be boss.

And I hope they do nintendo gray instead of apple white. ?

On 2/9/2020 at 4:28 AM, Atariboy said:

And you were right about my Colecovision Choplifter issue, SegaSnatcher. An alternate rom is working just fine for me now (I was under the impression these annual 'No Intro' sets had the bad dumps weeded out of them, but apparently some still exist).

There is an outstanding issue in github with lots of bad ColecoVision roms in the latest Smokemonster pack:

https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/EverDrive-Packs-Lists-Database/issues/101

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 2:26 PM, Atariboy said:

Does Colecovision Choplifter work okay for other people on their Mega Sg? I'm getting graphically corruption with the latest No Intro rom on the standard Colecovision bios. My shots are a pair of vertical lines, the helicopter when I land to rescue troops becomes 4 or 5 vertical lines, etc. 

The Colecovision guys here at Atariage did this project. The roms are dumped properly and all work on the NT Mini. Read through the .pdf. A lot of good info.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 4:44 AM, RetrogamerX said:

Analogue hasn't replied back to him. The thing that stings is that they charged him full price which says on the sales page it comes with controller and receiver.  It's happened to a few others as well on Reddit. I told him to return for refund, but he wants to wait until analogue response. From what I can see they support hasn't been that great. 

"Update: they have indicated they will be shipping the controller separately."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

I’m still on firmware 4.5 so take this with a pinch of salt until I get chance to update later but the PAL SMS Desert strike cart locks up in both 50hz and 60hz when start is pressed

Yup just updated to 4.7 and it’s the same behaviour as the jailbreak with an original pal sms desert strike cart. 

If you press start (pause) it locks up except for the first few seconds of a mission.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enragedwhale said:

Yup just updated to 4.7 and it’s the same behaviour as the jailbreak with an original pal sms desert strike cart. 

If you press start (pause) it locks up except for the first few seconds of a mission.

Thanks very much for doing some investigating for me. Appears to be a genuine bug then with the Sega Master System core.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2020 at 8:27 PM, jongolo said:

I missed my chance for the adapters for my Mega SG yesterday!  I noticed the email announcing their release 4 hours after it was sent to me.  But when I signed on to make the purchase they had already sold out.  What the heck!

I've got both the Mega SG and Super NT and I love them.  I was also excited about purchasing the Pocket when it comes out.  But I hesitate now to purchase it unless I can somehow reserve the Atari Lynx adapter at the same time.

I would have absolutely have paid more up front for the adapters when I pre-ordered my SG. That's not a bad idea for the Pocket, provided that the adapters come in a reasonable timeframe.

7 hours ago, hyrulebr said:

"Update: they have indicated they will be shipping the controller separately."

Just received the tracking number for the controller:

Hello Mauricio!

We just shipped your order via FedExSmartPost SmartPost. We hope you love it. Here's what we shipped:

• 1 x Analogue Super Nt - Ghostly Limited Edition, Controller

Thanks Analogue! ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hyrulebr said:

Just received the tracking number for the controller:

Hello Mauricio!

We just shipped your order via FedExSmartPost SmartPost. We hope you love it. Here's what we shipped:

• 1 x Analogue Super Nt - Ghostly Limited Edition, Controller

Thanks Analogue! ?

Good to see that issue made right. I love Analogue and the only thing I think they could do better is CS and PR.