1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Mine will arrive Friday, apparently.  I mean I got my shipping info but the package hasn't been picked up yet,  Gotta love that they choose the slowest shipping possible.  This is like the one company where you will get your stuff faster if you live on the other side of the planet from where they ship, LOL.  I live just far enough away that everything gets shipped via bicycle courier I think.

Edited by Toth

4 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

They are doing another run

They said that. Analogue saying and Analogue doing is like comparing Marvel and DC ; totally different universes.

So I rest my case: i Want the sold out button to turn ASAP as a Buy button; I will even settle with a pre-order button, as long as I can pay and secure my adapters package.

Well it seems my game gear adaptor has failed after approx 20 mins of use. Played a bit of ax battler then about 5 mins of Tazmania and it suddenly locked up. Now the mega SG refuses to boot if a game gear cart is inserted, the power light stays red. 

Dropped a ticket to support, hopefully if it comes to replacement they kept some stock behind! 

Edited by Enragedwhale
Spelling

1 hour ago, Slipard said:

They said that. Analogue saying and Analogue doing is like comparing Marvel and DC ; totally different universes.

So I rest my case: i Want the sold out button to turn ASAP as a Buy button; I will even settle with a pre-order button, as long as I can pay and secure my adapters package.

I don't know why they didn't take pre-orders as they did for the DAC. For these "limited run"®️ products I think that most people will not complain to pay in advance...

• Like 1

I got my Analogue DAC and Monoprice component cables and tested them out with my Super NT on my JVC D-Series AV-32D201 and Toshiba 27A33 CRT TVs.  Pics below.  Sorry for the glare on the CRT from the sunlight.  I am not a professional photographer.

Verdict: better video quality than an OEM 1-chip SNES over HD Retrovision component cables and better game compatibility too.  Kevtris made a better SNES than Nintendo has ever made.

I own several other CRTs that component input, and I will test them later.  Somebody earlier in this thread mentioned compatibility issues with the DAC and component on his JVC D-Series AV-32D303/M.  While I haven’t tested it on that exact model yet, the fact it has no issues with the earlier D-Series model, makes me think there are no systemic compatibility problems.

35ED88B5-AFBF-4190-BC0E-B52AE67D0F3D.jpeg

6C279DE5-6500-4477-992C-174C1B1BD184.jpeg

64AF8D27-B394-4467-B657-CFC40201070F.jpeg

C6631147-4435-47F7-8D93-65FE57AAD6A4.jpeg

9DDC39A3-0E44-4D91-90F5-E205113EBDBD.jpeg

70B1580E-1957-46B7-BFA5-5DA2CFAB85A2.jpeg

AFC9E353-CF9A-45B9-8D2E-675E6ED72626.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jagasian said:

I own several other CRTs that component input, and I will test them later.  Somebody earlier in this thread mentioned compatibility issues with the DAC and component on his JVC D-Series AV-32D303/M.  While I haven’t tested it on that exact model yet, the fact it has no issues with the earlier D-Series model, makes me think there are no systemic compatibility problems.

I'll have to test mine again. I've had some funny things going on recently. I literally just tested my Nt Mini through component on that TV though (was doing some other testing) and it didn't work, so I dunno....it didn't work on my Ikegami monitor either though which is odd because the DAC through component worked fine on it. For what it's worth RGB on the Nt Mini didn't work on that monitor either, but it did through the DAC. Like I said, weird things going on lol.

Edited by jamon1567

4 hours ago, Slipard said:

I wish they would have done a pre-order for the adapters in the first place. They could have gauged interest, filled the initial need, and had more available to those who were more casually interested. As it stands, you have people who checked back on their site multiple times a week for a year that failed to get an order in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jagasian said:

A world without Analogue would suck.

That may be true, but it's super annoying that they continue to screw up the small stuff. Like not figuring out how to do a pre-order or ship a product competently. They can put together an amazing product, but it's mind boggling how they continue to drop the ball here when their customers have been very clear about their deficiencies. It seems like they either don't care, or enjoy the negative press because any press is good press. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

Well it seems my game gear adaptor has failed after approx 20 mins of use. Played a bit of ax battler then about 5 mins of Tazmania and it suddenly locked up. Now the mega SG refuses to boot if a game gear cart is inserted, the power light stays red. 

Dropped a ticket to support, hopefully if it comes to replacement they kept some stock behind! 

Weird, I had assumed the adapters were basically passive and just made it so the traces of the game matched up with the traces of the system.  I wonder what could even fail?  Looking at pictures it looks like the only component is a resistor.  Do you happen to have the jail break firmware installed?  If you do can you boot up a GameGear ROM that way?

Edited by Toth

24 minutes ago, Toth said:

Weird, I had assumed the adapters were basically passive and just made it so the traces of the game matched up with the traces of the system.  I wonder what could even fail?  Looking at pictures it looks like the only component is a resistor.  Do you happen to have the jail break firmware installed?  If you do can you boot up a GameGear ROM that way?

They must interact with the SG in some way as you can access the specific core options by inserting them and selecting “run cartridge” without a game in. This results in a blank screen from which you can pull up the menu, so the SG seems to know which core to load.

If I do this with the game gear adaptor the blank screen has a bunch of coloured pixels on it but you can still get at the menu and the GG core options. 

I don’t have any games to test the other new adaptors but the MS one is still working and the SG itself seems perfectly fine, it just won’t boot with a GG game inserted.

I don’t have JB firmware but I may install it if it will help diagnose the issue but I feel the evidence points the adaptor failing. Maybe it’s simply shorting somewhere.

I've been seeing people connecting their PS4, PC, and Genesis Mini to their CRTs with an HDMI to VGA or YPbPr component. Has anyone here tried that? I'd like to find an HDMI to component adapter for under $50 so I could play my AVS, Super Nt, and Mega Sg via the YPbPr component input on my Sony Wega CRT. If you have any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

13 hours ago, jamon1567 said:

That may be true, but it's super annoying that they continue to screw up the small stuff. Like not figuring out how to do a pre-order or ship a product competently. They can put together an amazing product, but it's mind boggling how they continue to drop the ball here when their customers have been very clear about their deficiencies. It seems like they either don't care, or enjoy the negative press because any press is good press. 

Every company "Drops the ball" as you say.  There no different.  You can't be 100% every time theirs always someone complaining.  I think they get it right most of the time, but have a few hiccups here and there.  There is a lot of drama here.  Give Analogue a break. No "One" or "Company" is perfect

1 hour ago, RetrogamerX said:

Every company "Drops the ball" as you say.  There no different.  You can't be 100% every time theirs always someone complaining.  I think they get it right most of the time, but have a few hiccups here and there.  There is a lot of drama here.  Give Analogue a break. No "One" or "Company" is perfect

I'll start by saying I actually don't have anything to complain about from analogue, other than the shipping being a bit high which honestly doesn't bother me that much.  I like their products, and I generally agree with the sentiment that the world without them would suck.  I exclusively use their products for playing nes, snes, gen at this point and have disconnected my original consoles for those libraries, a while ago.

I get the impression that they just have an extremely poor PR side of their company.  They tend to not answer questions and lack transparency, and just seem really not customer focused at all.  While people aren't necessarily entitled to either of those things, it frustrates them.

Their shipping cost issues have been a complaint since I think the nt mini... maybe just the super nt, I don't recall, but pretty much their entire customer base and many potential customers have commented on it being terrible.  They could easily attempt to find another shipping provider (or whatever it's called), or at least explain why that isn't possible.   They do neither as far as I know, so it basically seems to people like they just DGAF.

As far as the adapters, they were supposed to be released earlier, cheaper, sold individually.  None of that happened. 

On top of that there weren't enough to go around. Hopefully another run is large enough to alleviate that, but I think most people are under the impression that it won't be.  A pre-order would have avoided this problem.

I mean I got my adapters, and I would have always ordered all of them anyway... but most people just seem to want the game gear one.  And the shipping again was pretty ridiculous, although I think the packaging was more than people were expecting in terms of size.

It's not really about being perfect I think, it's about people having issues and the perception being that they aren't really seeing much in the way of improvement.  I mean I know answering questions takes effort, but then... i guess posting endless gifs of games is just as good.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ErebusMaligan said:

I'll start by saying I actually don't have anything to complain about from analogue, other than the shipping being a bit high which honestly doesn't bother me that much.  I like their products, and I generally agree with the sentiment that the world without them would suck.  I exclusively use their products for playing nes, snes, gen at this point and have disconnected my original consoles for those libraries, a while ago.

I get the impression that they just have an extremely poor PR side of their company.  They tend to not answer questions and lack transparency, and just seem really not customer focused at all.  While people aren't necessarily entitled to either of those things, it frustrates them.

Their shipping cost issues have been a complaint since I think the nt mini... maybe just the super nt, I don't recall, but pretty much their entire customer base and many potential customers have commented on it being terrible.  They could easily attempt to find another shipping provider (or whatever it's called), or at least explain why that isn't possible.   They do neither as far as I know, so it basically seems to people like they just DGAF.

As far as the adapters, they were supposed to be released earlier, cheaper, sold individually.  None of that happened. 

On top of that there weren't enough to go around. Hopefully another run is large enough to alleviate that, but I think most people are under the impression that it won't be.  A pre-order would have avoided this problem.

I mean I got my adapters, and I would have always ordered all of them anyway... but most people just seem to want the game gear one.  And the shipping again was pretty ridiculous, although I think the packaging was more than people were expecting in terms of size.

It's not really about being perfect I think, it's about people having issues and the perception being that they aren't really seeing much in the way of improvement.  I mean I know answering questions takes effort, but then... i guess posting endless gifs of games is just as good.

This pretty much hits nail on head very well.

1 hour ago, ErebusMaligan said:

Yes, but it's still moaning regardless. The retro gaming community does nothing but. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RetrogamerX said:

Yes, but it's still moaning regardless. The retro gaming community does nothing but. 

I hear what you're saying and I try not to bitch too much, but I've had to contact Analogue support for just about everything I've purchased off them. Nt Mini had a bad power supply and I had to go back and forth with them over several days to get another. I then had issues with the analog output, and once again, I had to fight every step of the way to have them fix it. Mega Sg, I got a bad SMS adapter. And now with the DAC it isn't working on one of my TV's.

This is where I'm gonna leave this, but if they want to be a premium company and charge premium prices for premium products, then they need to provide a premium level of support. Flat out, they're failing in that. Big time.

Edited by jamon1567
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RetrogamerX said:

Well I mean if you just hate complaints of any kind, then sure...   I won't argue that point with you.   I would even agree and say the community as a whole is pretty entitled , but I think that is just microcosm that reflects modern culture as a whole.  I think with the prevalence of things like amazon where it really can be: your way, yesterday, for 5 cents; people just forget that not everything can be like that.

On the other hand that doesn't mean that some of the people speaking up don't have legitimate grievances.

• Like 2