1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Cost aside, does anyone disagree with my statement that the Super NT with DAC is a better than any SNES or Super Famicom made by Nintendo?  The Super NT has the game compatibility of Nintendo’s 2-chip SNES, it has better analogue video quality than Nintendo’s 1-chip SNES, and it has more crisp HDMI than Nintendo’s Super NES Classic.

The Super NT combines the best of each of Nintendo’s SNES versions, without any of their disadvantages (fuzzy video, game glitches, and lag).

Edited by Jagasian
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Jagasian said:

Cost aside, does anyone disagree with my statement that the Super NT with DAC is a better than any SNES or Super Famicom made by Nintendo?  The Super NT has the game compatibility of Nintendo’s 2-chip SNES, it has better analogue video quality than Nintendo’s 1-chip SNES, and it has more crisp HDMI than Nintendo’s Super NES Classic.

The Super NT combines the best of each of Nintendo’s SNES versions, without any of their disadvantages (fuzzy video, game glitches, and lag).

I’ve been working my way through FF3 over the last few weeks and I’ve certainly experienced some minor glitches that aren’t present on real hardware. 

Love the super nt though and I’ve packed my SNES away in its box. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 5:26 AM, spoonman said:

I've been seeing people connecting their PS4, PC, and Genesis Mini to their CRTs with an HDMI to VGA or YPbPr component. Has anyone here tried that? I'd like to find an HDMI to component adapter for under $50 so I could play my AVS, Super Nt, and Mega Sg via the YPbPr component input on my Sony Wega CRT. If you have any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Interested in this as well. I was hoping that the DAC would secretly unadvertised work with the hi-def NES but so far not the case.

Good ol' FedEx.

Earlier this week -- Expected Delivery Date is Wednesday, 02/12 by End of Day

Wednesday Night --  Expected Delivery Date is Thursday, 02/13 by End of Day

Thursday Night -- Expected Delivery Date is Friday, 02/14 by End of Day

They should just save themselves some time and say Expected Delivery Date is whenever we can be bothered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malrak said:

Good ol' FedEx.

Earlier this week -- Expected Delivery Date is Wednesday, 02/12 by End of Day

Wednesday Night --  Expected Delivery Date is Thursday, 02/13 by End of Day

Thursday Night -- Expected Delivery Date is Friday, 02/14 by End of Day

They should just save themselves some time and say Expected Delivery Date is whenever we can be bothered.

Mine was pushed to Saturday and I live about 12 hours away from where they shipped out.  This was basically the same as USPS parcel post.  The slowest, lowest cost option.  Should have been about $3.50 to ship.

Edited by Toth

49 minutes ago, Enragedwhale said:

FedEx were much faster for me than analogue’s customer support have been. In the same amount of time it took for my parcel to ship half way round the world they’ve only replied twice with no indication of how or if they can resolve my faulty GG adaptor issue.

Have you stated you want to return it as defective yet?  I am curious what they will say once you specifically ask for a defective refund.  It seems they clearly aren't going to simply offer that as an option without you pressing them on it.  I pray I never have to deal with a defective item from them.  

Edited by Toth

6 minutes ago, Toth said:

Have you stated you want to return it as defective yet?  I am curious what they will say once you specifically ask for a defective refund.  It seems they clearly aren't going to simply offer that as an option without you pressing them on it.  I pray I never have to deal with a defective item from them.  

My preference is for a replacement. I’ve waited nearly a year already and placed the order literally 1 minute after receiving the notification that they were on sale. Also I’ve paid £20 ($26) in fees and tax I’ll never see again. 

I will say the actual dialogue with customer services is fine, it’s just at such a slow pace. First reply after 16hrs asked me to do a few obvious checks as you’d expect, the second (24hrs later) was to say it had been passed over to the developers and they would get back to me. That was about 18hrs ago. It seems the cs rep is in Hong Kong and I presume the developers are in the US? So with me in the U.K. that’s a bunch of different time zones. 

As long as I get a replacement within a week or two at no cost to myself I’ll be satisfied. 

A refund is the distant second choice

My preference is for a replacement. I’ve waited nearly a year already and placed the order literally 1 minute after receiving the notification that they were on sale. Also I’ve paid £20 ($26) in fees and tax I’ll never see again. 

I will say the actual dialogue with customer services is fine, it’s just at such a slow pace. First reply after 16hrs asked me to do a few obvious checks as you’d expect, the second (24hrs later) was to say it had been passed over to the developers and they would get back to me. That was about 18hrs ago. It seems the cs rep is in Hong Kong and I presume the developers are in the US? So with me in the U.K. that’s a bunch of different time zones. 

As long as I get a replacement within a week or two at no cost to myself I’ll be satisfied. 

A refund is the distant second choice
Considering the limited quantity, I'm sure they aren't volunteering replacements until they've discussed it among themselves, tried a few things, and developed a plan of action. Even if it's a hardware issue it might be one they can resolve with a FW update.

I agree with you there CZroe. But considering it worked fine until it suddenly didn’t and the Mega SG refuses to even boot with a cart inserted I’m pretty confident it’s faulty. I suspect it’s shorted somewhere due to a manufacturing fault. I doubt Kevtris will be put to task to try to engineer a software fix for one faulty adaptor if that was even possible.

I guess everybody else’s are fine?

I agree with you there CZroe. But considering it worked fine until it suddenly didn’t and the Mega SG refuses to even boot with a cart inserted I’m pretty confident it’s faulty. I suspect it’s shorted somewhere due to a manufacturing fault. I doubt Kevtris will be put to task to try to engineer a software fix for one faulty adaptor if that was even possible.  

I guess everybody else’s are fine?

That's what I mean though: What if it's a high percentage of adapters with the same physical hardware fault? It may have been too early for them to tell when you first contacted them.

For example:

What if it's something like a poorly-soldered jumper or one that fails easily from mechanical stress? It might be a jumper that identifies it as a Game Gear adapter for the Mega Sg to auto-configure itself, but perhaps there is some other way the FW could be changed to detect a Game Gear adapter. In that case a FW update might be the way to go regardless of whether or not it's faulty.

It very well may be that they don't have enough to replace all the faulty ones so you're going to be stuck waiting regardless... as painful as that might be. atariage_icon_sad.gif

4 minutes ago, CZroe said:

That's what I mean though: What if it's a high percentage of adapters with the same physical hardware fault? It may have been too early for them to tell when you first contacted them.

For example:

What if it's something like a poorly-soldered jumper or one that fails easily from mechanical stress? It might be a jumper that identifies it as a Game Gear adapter for the Mega Sg to auto-configure itself, but perhaps there is some other way the FW could be changed to detect a Game Gear adapter. In that case a FW update might be the way to go regardless of whether or not it's faulty.

It very well may be that they don't have enough to replace all the faulty ones so you're going to be stuck waiting regardless... as painful as that might be. atariage_icon_sad.gif

Powerbase mini should still work. I'm not sure if the Mega SG will emulate FM audio or not without the official adapter from Analogue.

As of yet there is still no solution to play SMS game which utilise the accessory card port because neither adapter exists with both ports baked in. Not from Analogue and not the Powerbase mini or Fm repros.

And it's a shame. The 3d shutter glasses could work in theory over hdmi if the delay can be adjusted to compensate for display lag.

52 minutes ago, CZroe said:

For example:

In the nicest way possible I’m hoping you are totally wrong! 

Hopefully for me and everybody else it’s a very small percentage of failures that will get fixed in short order ?

• Like 1

In the nicest way possible I’m hoping you are totally wrong! 

Hopefully for me and everybody else it’s a very small percentage of failures that will get fixed in short order [emoji1696]
Yeah, definitely. I hope so too. I don't even know how they signal what adapter is what or if it's a mechanical failure or what. Just saying that the possibility of something like that may explain why they aren't immediately asking people to send it back.

3 hours ago, Andromeda Stardust said:

As of yet there is still no solution to play SMS game which utilise the accessory card port because neither adapter exists with both ports baked in. Not from Analogue and not the Powerbase mini or Fm repros.

And it's a shame. The 3d shutter glasses could work in theory over hdmi if the delay can be adjusted to compensate for display lag.

The original Sega Power Base Converter works with the Mega Sg and DAC to support the 3-D glasses.

• Like 1

Here's my biggest beef... I wish that updating the firmware didn't bork the settings. Setting up everything to the way I like it takes some time. I guess my adapters show up tomorrow (after mysteriously being delayed twice), so I'll get it done maybe over the weekend... but it's still a bit of a pain. 

13 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

I’ve been working my way through FF3 over the last few weeks and I’ve certainly experienced some minor glitches that aren’t present on real hardware. 

Love the super nt though and I’ve packed my SNES away in its box. 

You should report the bugs.  There is a chance they are just glitches that occur on OEM SNES consoles.

23 minutes ago, Jagasian said:

You should report the bugs.  There is a chance they are just glitches that occur on OEM SNES consoles.

The main one is garbled graphics or map screen after a fight. It’s been known about and reported since shortly after the Super NT’s launch. It’s only happened to me 3 times in over 30 hrs of play and can be fixed simply by accessing the menu but it does not happen on real hardware. 

https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Super-NT-Jailbreak/issues/27

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Super Nt and it’s my preferred way to play SNES these days I was just countering the claim that it was better than any official SNES console released by Nintendo. 

1 hour ago, dj_convoy said:

Here's my biggest beef... I wish that updating the firmware didn't bork the settings. Setting up everything to the way I like it takes some time. I guess my adapters show up tomorrow (after mysteriously being delayed twice), so I'll get it done maybe over the weekend... but it's still a bit of a pain. 

I feel you, being in PAL land I need to set video settings for the few games I play at 50hz as well. I have a text document with it all written down and can do it all in about 5 mins at this point! 

Side note:

One thing I love about NT/SG is the ability to display PAL games at the correct non-squashed aspect ratio with ease. I dialled it in with my OSSC eventually but it requires different profiles and tv settings. 

• Like 1

The main one is garbled graphics or map screen after a fight. It’s been known about and reported since shortly after the Super NT’s launch. It’s only happened to me 3 times in over 30 hrs of play and can be fixed simply by accessing the menu but it does not happen on real hardware. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Super Nt and it’s my preferred way to play SNES these days I was just countering the claim that it was better than any official SNES console released by Nintendo. 

There are glitches on some versions of official hardware that aren't there on others and the Super Nt can replicate both. Yes, it has some quirks of its own, but in some ways it's more accurate than original hardware... like the 1chip.

In the opinions of some the Super Nt is a better SNES than the 1chip.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

There are bugs that only occur when using ROMs loaded from the jailbreak firmware, yet does not occur when playing from a cart.  Can you recreate The glitches when playing on a cart?

22 hours ago, Jagasian said:

Generally I agree with this. I sold off Super NES classic because it was mostly redundant. With the exception of a couple of the really expensive games, I have the carts and them some, a retrode 2, and a SD2SNES Pro.

I've kept my SNES though. While I can get a great picture with RGB, the HDMI output of the Super NT beats it (mind you... I only have flat panels. The wife would have issues if I ever bought a CRT into our small house).

The original SNES may come back in rotation if the SD2SNES ever have save states implemented in the final firmware. That feature won't likely work with the SuperNT. (based on technobabble that is over my head... when someone like Ketrvis or ikari says it is so... then it is...)