2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Toth said:

Looks like all Game Gear adapters are faulty.  Do not use them. 

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/360039868671-Mega-Sg-Game-Gear-Adapter-v1-0-PLEASE-READ

Wow ok then! That explains it. At least it’s getting sorted. Hopefully my SG is ok but I’m sure Analogue will sort me out of not. I mean it seems to play everything else ok.

Spoke too soon, just re-read the notice. Seems my Mega SG is damaged if I understood properly.

. I've already used my Mega Sg Game Gear Adapter (v1.0) - has my system been damaged?

No, your Mega Sg is not damaged unless your Mega Sg Game Gear Adapter has stopped functioning or will not function at all. Regardless, do not use or continue to use the adapter, dispose of it and wait for Analogue to ship you a replacement.

Looks like all Game Gear adapters are faulty.  Do not use them. 

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/360039868671-Mega-Sg-Game-Gear-Adapter-v1-0-PLEASE-READ
Yikes. They don't even want people keeping them for salvage? Interesting. I'd love to see what's different on the fixed adapters. Heck, I'd want to keep the old one just to salvage the connectors... unless that's the defective part. Maybe we can see what it takes to correct them so that we can get more GG adapters once Analogue stops producing them.

If anyone does plan to throw theirs away as Analogue suggests, I'll gladly take it off your hands. :)

Spoke too soon, just re-read the notice. Seems my Mega SG is damaged if I understood properly.

. I've already used my Mega Sg Game Gear Adapter (v1.0) - has my system been damaged?

No, your Mega Sg is not damaged unless your Mega Sg Game Gear Adapter has stopped functioning or will not function at all. Regardless, do not use or continue to use the adapter, dispose of it and wait for Analogue to ship you a replacement.
Yeah. That's how I read it too. Immediately thought "this REALLY sucks for Enragedwhale... as if he hasn't had enough problems with Analogue!"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good ol' FedEx.

Earlier this week -- Expected Delivery Date is Wednesday, 02/12 by End of Day

Wednesday Night --  Expected Delivery Date is Thursday, 02/13 by End of Day

Thursday Night -- Expected Delivery Date is Friday, 02/14 by End of Day

They should just save themselves some time and say Expected Delivery Date is whenever we can be bothered.

Consider yourself lucky if this inexplicable delay prevented you from damaging your console. I hope yours is OK. Good luck!

Here's my biggest beef... I wish that updating the firmware didn't bork the settings. Setting up everything to the way I like it takes some time. I guess my adapters show up tomorrow (after mysteriously being delayed twice), so I'll get it done maybe over the weekend... but it's still a bit of a pain. 

Quoting you to make sure you are aware since there is a chance you will get this message in time and avoid damaging your console as a result. DON'T USE THE GAME GEAR ADAPTER! See Toth's post above.
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, CZroe said:
36 minutes ago, Enragedwhale said:

Yeah. That's how I read it too. Immediately thought "this REALLY sucks for Enragedwhale... as if he hasn't had enough problems with Analogue!"

It’s was a higher percentage than you even thought! ?

To be fair to analogue this is the first real problem I’ve had and other than their piss poor comms. I trust they’ll sort my SG for me if indeed it is damaged. It also may explain the slow responses if they were trying to investigate this mess.

Edited by Enragedwhale

10 minutes ago, CZroe said:

Consider yourself lucky if this inexplicable delay prevented you from damaging your console. I hope yours is OK. Good luck!

Quoting you to make sure you are aware since there is a chance you will get this message in time and avoid damaging your console as a result. DON'T USE THE GAME GEAR ADAPTER! See Toth's post above.

I wonder if they’ve stopped shipments after the problem was discovered and that explains the delays. 

And why on Earth are they not emailing everybody who bought the adaptors directly?

1 hour ago, spoonman said:

Uh oh... Someone better alert the scalp..err sellers at once! :(

AnalogueMegaSgAdaptersEBAY.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Analogue-Mega-Sg-Cartridge-Adapter-Set-Brand-New-Sold-Out/184166163405

Looks like the buyer will be SOL.  "No returns"

eBay would force a return. The buyer just has to open a case. In this case the item is not described properly or they can simply lie and say it doesn't work.  eBay very heavily favors buyers.  There are actually posts all over about it and how buyers abuse it.  It's so easy for buyers to force returns on no return items on eBay. I don't use ebay anymore because of that.  One forced return wipes out any profit you would have made by the time you pay for return shipping and PayPal keeps fees now on returns.  By the time you put the item up for auction again there is no way to make up the extra $10-$15 in fees/shipping from a return like that especially on lowish priced items.

For me it was a special cable for my vehicle.  You use this cable to make changes to the computer in the vehicle.  I had two people buy the cable and then return it as defective.  Basically they used the cable for their purpose and then forced a return as defective.  At least that's my assumption since the cable works and that's what made me look into the issue of returns on no return items.

Edited by Toth

2 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

I read that to say your system is NOT damaged just by using it once or twice. They say prolonged use damages the Sg. Am I missing something? I used mine once and it worked fine

10 minutes ago, mario64 said:

I read that to say your system is NOT damaged just by using it once or twice. They say prolonged use damages the Sg. Am I missing something? I used mine once and it worked fine

“Unless your Mega SG Game Gear adaptor has stopped functioning”

Mine locked up in use and now the SG will not boot with adaptor in place. 

“6. How can Mega Sg Game Gear Adapter (v1.0) damage my Mega Sg?

If the Game Gear Adapter is a defective one, there is a chance it can cause a small part failure on Mega Sg. The part fail will stop any Game Gear Adapter from working (defective or not).”

This part must have failed on mine.

2 hours ago, CZroe said:

I appreciate it; they appear to have.sent out a blanket email

• Like 2

I received my adapters on Friday 2/14. I did test and play my 4 Master System games with the "My Card" adapter. It worked great. I woke up the next day and read Analogue's email about the defective Game Gear adapter. Fortunately I don't have any Game Gear Games. I was planning to hit up my local retro game stores over the weekend for a few token GG games. I'm still going to do that. At least Analogue admitted there was a problem and is going to take care of it. Its going to take some time to get this sorted out. They are a small company and don't move very fast. Compound that with how the corona virus is affecting manufacturing and production for all businesses in China. This may take a while to get rectified. I suspect the Pocket will also be delayed because of the corona virus issues in China. Analogue isn't a huge corporation, so as long as they continue to communicate and take care of the problem, I am fine with it. Everyone should be in "Hurry up and Wait" mode for the time being. Gonna need your patience. Time to squelch.

8 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

“Unless your Mega SG Game Gear adaptor has stopped functioning”

Mine locked up in use and now the SG will not boot with adaptor in place. 

“6. How can Mega Sg Game Gear Adapter (v1.0) damage my Mega Sg?

If the Game Gear Adapter is a defective one, there is a chance it can cause a small part failure on Mega Sg. The part fail will stop any Game Gear Adapter from working (defective or not).”

This part must have failed on mine.

Oh ok. Sorry I missed that. My bad

• Like 1