2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Does your TV support S-video? Just use that.

Yes, but if I were going to do that I'd just use component, although I had issues with component on my TV and need to test it out again. The idea is using composite because of the dithering and s-video cleans it up too much to get the desired effect. With the rainbow banding though it's pretty much unusable.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jamon1567 said:

Yes, but if I were going to do that I'd just use component, although I had issues with component on my TV and need to test it out again. The idea is using composite because of the dithering and s-video cleans it up too much to get the desired effect. With the rainbow banding though it's pretty much unusable.

I fall in this camp too. I like how composite looks, provided the signal isn't too dirty/noisy.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 4:56 PM, spspspsp said:

I fall in this camp too. I like how composite looks, provided the signal isn't too dirty/noisy.

This is precisely why we need the blending on the MegaSG to be fixed. As things are, the games relying on patterns for new colors and transparencies over RCA look horrible on the MegaSG vs what they look like on other FPGA Megadrive implementations or the orginal hardware, where pixel blending is correctly implemented with optional non-selective blending.

Edited by vanfanel

I just tried out the system for the first time minutes ago.  The (lack of) latency is incredible!  I played super tennis, and it felt like I was on a crt.  Has anyone done latency comparisons with this vs. a crt setup?

super tennis is a game where the tiniest bit of latency will cause you to miss a shot (you will completely swing/miss).  Especially when your character is in the upper part of the screen.  My friend and I used to call it 'breaking' when you lost while on the bottom.

I am just in awe!! 

I am using a sd2snes cart.

Edited by KAZ

On 2/14/2020 at 2:48 PM, Jagasian said:

You should report the bugs.  There is a chance they are just glitches that occur on OEM SNES consoles.

There are bugs that happen if the hooks are enabled on a SD2SNES in some games, which also happen on a real SNES, for example Seiken Densetsu 3 will flip out a lot.

I haven't run into bugs in FF3 using the real cart, but I haven't sat there and played it through.

The question is whether to buy a new Nt Mini if you already have an older one.  Think it will use the same Firmware?  I guess that is what decides it for me since it could get bug fixes or features that wouldn't be backported unless it uses the same firmware (like the DAC working with Analogue products but not with an original Nt or the Hidef NES (I know the HiDef NES isn't an Analogue product but I assume Kev could make it work super easy).

1 hour ago, Toth said:

The question is whether to buy a new Nt Mini if you already have an older one.  Think it will use the same Firmware?  I guess that is what decides it for me since it could get bug fixes or features that wouldn't be backported unless it uses the same firmware (like the DAC working with Analogue products but not with an original Nt or the Hidef NES (I know the HiDef NES isn't an Analogue product but I assume Kev could make it work super easy).

I'm curious to see if it's still using the same FPGA or if he moved to something else given the time since release

1 minute ago, Cosmic Owl said:

I think the bigger question is whether they still rely on parts (CPU/PPU) from real consoles. If I recall correctly, that was one of the troublesome aspects of making the NT Mini.

That was only true of the original NT. The NT Mini was the first FPGA console Analogue sold.

10 minutes ago, Cosmic Owl said:

I think the bigger question is whether they still rely on parts (CPU/PPU) from real consoles. If I recall correctly, that was one of the troublesome aspects of making the NT Mini.

only the original NT used actual NES parts, they said they managed to get a large stock in some fashion at that time, NT Mini is full on fpga

2 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

Is 1080p the only advantage the NT mini has over an AVS if you’re not going to be using the analog output?

Nt Mini can run games from the SD card. AVS can't.

Also, Nt Mini supports way more systems than just the 1 the AVS has.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2