2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Drunk_Caterpillar said:

Is there any way to even attach a Paddle controller to the Nt Mini? I feel like it’d be a pretty sad Atari 2600 experience if I couldn’t play Breakout the way it was intended. 

There is an Arkanoid controller for the NES, but in terms of game-play, I'm not sure it can match the ergonomics and feel of the beefy knobs of the native VCS controllers. Anyone ever mod or adapt one?

Is there any way to even attach a Paddle controller to the Nt Mini? I feel like it’d be a pretty sad Atari 2600 experience if I couldn’t play Breakout the way it was intended. 
I half expected the cartridge adapters to have controller ports. Gives people a reason to buy them even when they are OK with rubbing ROMs through the jailbreak. Of course, that was just a pipe dream. If Analogue sold them then the extra console functionality would need to make it into official FW.

There is an Arkanoid controller for the NES, but in terms of game-play, I'm not sure it can match the ergonomics and feel of the beefy knobs of the native VCS controllers. Anyone ever mod or adapt one?
It's encoded. I recall a 555 timer and a 50k pot on the early Japanese version. American version and revised JPN version added an adjustment pot. Atari paddles have 10x the value so I couldn't just connect the Atari paddle to the same circuit without re-engineering it and that's where it gets over my head.
  • Like 2

On 2/26/2020 at 11:59 AM, seastalker said:

Anyone else signed up for Analogue news and NOT get any email regarding the NT Mini V2?  How the heck did others even find out or know to look to order one if it sold out that fast? 

It was live but got delisted, I was watching for them to add new items ahead of the pocket and caught the v2 go up

Almost $550... whew. I've wanted one, but I think I will pass. This is a bad time of year for me to spend that kind of money, and even if this came out in June where I would have enough money from my second job to pay for it, I don't know if I would pay it then. The AVS suits my NES needs, and I don't often play the games covered by the other cores.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, malrak said:

I can't seem to get an order to place.   Keep getting this error message, even though my cart is empty

You cannot mix pre-orders with in-stock items because one item ships now and one later. Please place two separate orders.

I had to use a separate browser because I hit that issue. My iPad wouldn't let the order go in, but my Mac would. Weird.

(And this will be my second NT Mini... sold the first one because I didn't lose any money and expected a plastic one to come out)

2 minutes ago, malrak said:

I can't seem to get an order to place.   Keep getting this error message, even though my cart is empty

You cannot mix pre-orders with in-stock items because one item ships now and one later. Please place two separate orders.

try another browser maybe?

Right decided to do the sensible thing and not preorder a mini. Being the weirdo cartridge fetishist I am, I believe I’d only be gaining 1080p but losing interpolation when compared to my AVS. If I ever go back to a CRT I’d just dig out my RGB modded NES.

Presumably those 8 bitdo controllers will be for sale separately?

I hope there is enough that everybody who missed out can get one this time ?

7 minutes ago, z3razerviper said:

I have a V1 what does this really offer for the upgrade?

A new NES cartridge slot to address the issues users had with the original one wiggling and causing game crashes. Also a new user interface.

I ordered one. Not sure I really need it, but I wanted an original a while ago and missed out. Im sure I can always sell it later.

Edited by pablum

6 minutes ago, Enragedwhale said:

The only confirmed improvement is the cart slot as far as I can see. 

AND updated UI. Something with the software has been changed.

Remembered that Kevtris said once that he ran out of gates or something on the NtM and he had choosen another FPGA if he could pick again.

I can very well be wrong.

Its a big question tho, will V1 and V2 have compatible firmwares..

6 minutes ago, mario64 said:

Says a new UI which presumably means different firmware. Hopefully bug fixes and better compatibility. Only Kevtris knows

Ye, quite a big deal. I belive the buyers now assume they can hit it with the jailbreak for the sweet extra cores..

41 minutes ago, z3razerviper said:

I have a V1 what does this really offer for the upgrade? Will it have a jailbreak?

Looks like an improved cart slot and different UI.  The question is whether or not the firmware is the same or if the components are different and require a different firmware.  If it requires a different firmware it is possible this could get updates/fixes or features that wouldn't be ported to the original.  It is also possible this could get jailbroken but no extra cores.  Only one or two people know right now and they ain't tellin'.

Edited by Toth