2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, malrak said:

I just received my shipping notice email for the replacement.  Says it shipped today.   Also says it's expected to arrive, er.... today.   Historically, that means it'll get here whenever they happen to be driving by the house, I suppose.   

Ah, FedEx.

In this case it looks like my shipping label entered the system on the 20th, but yeah, they probably shouldn’t attempt to estimate delivery dates based on “company printed a label” and instead wait for the package itself to enter the system.

My GG V1.1 adaptor arrived today and as I suspected my Mega SG has indeed been damaged by the V1.0. If I try to boot a GG cart I get a bunch of green pixels. I’ve contacted Analogue and will let everyone know how well they deal with the issue, but obviously with what’s happening in the world at the moment I don’t expect it to be resolved very quickly. Stay safe folks.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

My GG V1.1 adaptor arrived today and as I suspected my Mega SG has indeed been damaged by the V1.0. If I try to boot a GG cart I get a bunch of green pixels. I’ve contacted Analogue and will let everyone know how well they deal with the issue, but obviously with what’s happening in the world at the moment I don’t expect it to be resolved very quickly. Stay safe folks.

Analogue was great for me when I was trying to get my Mega-CD to work with my Mega Sg in June or July or whenever it was. I eventually sent it to them, and they got it back to me within about 3 weeks of the day I shipped it. They never told me it was on its way back, though, so when I got 2 boxes from Analogue on the same day a few hours apart, I was really confused. The first was the Super Nt I had bought a few days earlier and the second was the Mega Sg. Never got it fixed since it seems to be a problem with the Mega-CD and I fixed that by buying the MegaSD.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

Analogue was great for me when I was trying to get my Mega-CD to work with my Mega Sg in June or July or whenever it was. I eventually sent it to them, and they got it back to me within about 3 weeks of the day I shipped it. They never told me it was on its way back, though, so when I got 2 boxes from Analogue on the same day a few hours apart, I was really confused. The first was the Super Nt I had bought a few days earlier and the second was the Mega Sg. Never got it fixed since it seems to be a problem with the Mega-CD and I fixed that by buying the MegaSD.
What was your Mega CD doing? Model 1 or 2?

3 minutes ago, CZroe said:
1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

What was your Mega CD doing? Model 1 or 2?

https://youtu.be/_TZtoOjwTIc

That. It's the original Japanese Mega-CD. Works fine with my Mega Drive, but it does not work with my Mega Sg or my friend's Mega Sg.

Beware of static, by the way. Bad audio.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

That. It's the original Japanese Mega-CD. Works fine with my Mega Drive, but it does not work with my Mega Sg or my friend's Mega Sg.

I see. Well, I ordered a Japanese model 1 Mega CD almost 2 months ago and it hasn't gotten here yet (economy shipping is slow!) so I'm curious to see if mine will have a similar issue. Thanks for sharing.

10 minutes ago, CZroe said:
37 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I see. Well, I ordered a Japanese model 1 Mega CD almost 2 months ago and it hasn't gotten here yet (economy shipping is slow!) so I'm curious to see if mine will have a similar issue. Thanks for sharing.

Analogue said it's due to oxidation on the Mega-CD. Unsure if that's true, but I do know that it does not work with the 2 Mega Sgs that I have tried. Maybe you will be fine, but maybe not. It came back from Analogue with firmware 2.5 installed, which was cool since that was never released as far as I know. The later update made the menu and the spinning logo thing look a bit better, but it still has weird misplaced pixels on the Sega logo and just goes to a black screen after that. MegaSD was worth it, especially since I got the Nomad in January.

• Like 2

I would guess Analogue abandoned the Analogue 8 trademark because there is a lot of work for them to do with the NT Mini v2 and the Pocket. And the situation in China? Seems like Analogue had a longer term project that may have changed or got put on the back burner, for whatever reasons. I am much more interested in what the Pocket is offering and its potential with open source. Open source stuff on the Pocket (with dock) could potentially cannibalize some of what the Analogue 8 was theoretically intended to be. Maybe they want to see how the Pocket does and where it goes before committing to another system beyond that?