1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

*sigh* what are the chances Analogue will 1. Release more of the Mega Sg cartridge adapters in 2020, and 2. Release enough for both scalpers and people who legitimately want to play their original games on the Mega Sg?

Had I known I'd still not be able to play my Game Gear carts on the Mega Sg over a year later I'd likely have bought the MiSTer instead.

It's sad to see people paying $250+ on them.

Screenshot_2020-05-18-17-26-01.thumb.png.f9d1862ab6741d375d8dfb57bc40030a.png

3 hours ago, spoonman said:

*sigh* what are the chances Analogue will 1. Release more of the Mega Sg cartridge adapters in 2020, and 2. Release enough for both scalpers and people who legitimately want to play their original games on the Mega Sg?

Had I known I'd still not be able to play my Game Gear carts on the Mega Sg over a year later I'd likely have bought the MiSTer instead.

Screenshot_2020-05-18-17-26-01.thumb.png.f9d1862ab6741d375d8dfb57bc40030a.png

That's ridiculous. For that price, I can almost buy a Japanese Master System and play all 0 of my Mark III and SG-1000 games!

I imagine that getting stuff produced in China right now might be difficult, though. I just checked my Super Nt and Mega Sg and they are both made in China, so I am guessing that these adaptors are, too.

At least, they can take preorder.

The way I see it is that you have a minimum of pieces to order and there should be enough people to order that minimum amount. Just open preorders and see.

Worst case, it is a long seller and you have to stock some adapters for next buyers, but it's small stock and price, so not a big deal.

Best case and probably the one to happen, you sell more than planned, so you order more and get better prices without lowering your own retail price, so all beneficial.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong or oversee something.

19 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

That's ridiculous. For that price, I can almost buy a Japanese Master System and play all 0 of my Mark III and SG-1000 games!

What is ridiculous is that a Japanese Master System cost more than $240... ?‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Slipard said:

What is ridiculous is that a Japanese Master System cost more than $240... ?‍♂️

Yeah, the last time I was in a video game store I was talking to one of the employees about the SuperGrafx that I bought from them maybe 6 or 7 weeks ago (which was about a week or 2 before this conversation) and we were talking about expensive consoles. They had a Master System there with no cables, no controllers, no box, and no manual for about 23600 yen or something. I asked about it and he said that the Master System was produced in limited numbers, and so it's expensive and relatively rare here. For the record, I paid 22000 yen for my SuperGrafx, which was also no cables, no controller, no box, no manual from the exact same store.

Stop shopping in Super Potato! ?

Joke aside, these prices are stupid, insane and artificial.

And people here still says a PC Engine FPGA is a niche? My ass. Just put together the price of a basic PC Engine console and the price of an Analogue FPGA PC Engine and they are all sold.

Or I will just get a MiSTer and fuck it.

You can always jailbreak your console to play Game Gear games if you don’t have an adapter. Sure you can’t use real carts, but neither can the MiSTer.

They really seemed to underestimate demand on these. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s another run at some point.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, schnuth said:

You can always jailbreak your console to play Game Gear games if you don’t have an adapter. Sure you can’t use real carts, but neither can the MiSTer.

They really seemed to underestimate demand on these. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s another run at some point.

I'm also hoping they offer them a la carte, which I believe was their original intention. I actually use all three of mine, but I'm sure the vast majority of people who bought the adapters just wanted the Game Gear adapter and are now saddled with extra bits that they'll likely never take out of the box.

I'm also hoping they offer them a la carte, which I believe was their original intention. I actually use all three of mine, but I'm sure the vast majority of people who bought the adapters just wanted the Game Gear adapter and are now saddled with extra bits that they'll likely never take out of the box.

I definitely fall into this category. Tho I’ve been resisting starting a SG-1000 collection. :)

12 hours ago, Slipard said:

Wasn't that far. 

Potato actually has good deals sometimes, and although it's a tourist trap for foreigners, it's got some stuff that nobody else has. Right now they have the only Wondermega in town, but it's unfortunately the RG-M2. They also have the only Sega Nomad and CDX in town, as well. They had the cheapest PC Engine in town when I bought mine. I bought a CIB KOF 98 for Neo Geo AES for like 11000 yen from them last month. Their prices are also WAY more fair than Mandarake's prices.

On 5/17/2020 at 3:46 AM, Enragedwhale said:

Does it do it in earlier firmwares? 

Not sure if it helps at all, but for what it's worth --   I finally got the cable to play with the DAC, so I spent a few hours playing SMS games this evening using JB 7.7,  and there was no screen tearing at all, that I could notice.  All this was via S-Video on a CRT, though, so haven't tried yet via HD screen.  Made it a point to play the ones you mentioned, as well as the ones mentioned in the "issues" link and they all ran great.

10 hours ago, schnuth said:

Both my Mega Sg and Super Nt are both jailbroken, but I still bought these to play physical games on. IMO it's part of the original experience.

The MiSTer is more powerful, and can play many more cores, but I purchased the Mega Sg with intentions of playing my physical game collection on it.

Analogue announced a second manufacturing months ago, but they rarely give updates on anymore. It would have opened orders to those of us who purchased a Mega Sg a few hours before opening them up to the public/bots. 

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Potato actually has good deals sometimes, and although it's a tourist trap for foreigners, it's got some stuff that nobody else has. Right now they have the only Wondermega in town, but it's unfortunately the RG-M2. They also have the only Sega Nomad and CDX in town, as well. They had the cheapest PC Engine in town when I bought mine. I bought a CIB KOF 98 for Neo Geo AES for like 11000 yen from them last month. Their prices are also WAY more fair than Mandarake's prices.

I also some good deals from Super Potato, but it was years ago.
Mandarake is horrible. Surprised no one managed to steal their gold Super Famicom cart, though.

8 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Not sure if it helps at all, but for what it's worth --   I finally got the cable to play with the DAC, so I spent a few hours playing SMS games this evening using JB 7.7,  and there was no screen tearing at all, that I could notice.  All this was via S-Video on a CRT, though, so haven't tried yet via HD screen.  Made it a point to play the ones you mentioned, as well as the ones mentioned in the "issues" link and they all ran great.

Thanks for checking that. If you get chance to try over HDMI let us know. 

Edited by Enragedwhale
Typo

3 hours ago, Slipard said:

I also some good deals from Super Potato, but it was years ago.
Mandarake is horrible. Surprised no one managed to steal their gold Super Famicom cart, though.

Yeah, Mandarake is the absolute worst. What a ripoff store. They have some cool stuff on display that's not for sale, though, like all of the Cotton teacups.

There is one excellent reason to visit Super Potato, though... to witness the single most beautiful computer ever made:

Pic_0219_228.thumb.jpg.bb5e47ce0a49d53b70a03d971dfe9e5f.jpg

I imagine BEEP has at least 1, but they are on some super weird schedule right now and are only open for like 4 days every month.

Honestly after thinking about it, my #1 most desired FPGA system is Saturn. Of course, that's not going to happen for some time. I used to say SuperGrafx is next, but I have a real one now so I don't need it. Now my #2 most desired is X68000 so I don't have to spend about $1000 to get one and then spend additional money to buy parts just to keep it functional and even more money to buy expensive X68000 games. If someone does make an FPGA X68000, I DEMAND that it somehow makes the keyboard lights in Cotton work properly. I don't care how they do it, just that it works.

My Mega SG is back! USPS took a leisurely 8 weeks and the tracking stopped a month ago but considering the climate I can’t really be mad about that. Analogue for their part repaired and sent it back to me in less than 24hrs and the whole escapade didn’t cost me a penny.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Enragedwhale said:

My Mega SG is back! USPS took a leisurely 8 weeks and the tracking stopped a month ago but considering the climate I can’t really be mad about that. Analogue for their part repaired and sent it back to me in less than 24hrs and the whole escapade didn’t cost me a penny.

Glad you got it back. You must live in a galaxy far, far away ;)