2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, jamon1567 said:

Yea, mine was $21 for a Pocket, dock and screen protector. Looks like they finally got the shipping right anyway.

$34.99 to the UK.

I genuinely thought there was an issue for everything to be sold out.  Seems odd, who bought all the midi/analog cables?

Perhaps a marketing strategy of sorts.  Keep interest shigh until next year when they can deliver these.

2 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

So... remember when there was that thing on Analogue's website saying "Sign up to be notified when it becomes available" or whatever it was? I'm guessing that email never got sent, not that it matters now.

I did receive that email.  It immediately followed last Mondays announcement about preorders opening.

2 minutes ago, Bod2019 said:

I did receive that email.  It immediately followed last Mondays announcement about preorders opening.

Interesting. I signed up like 3 times but never got it. Not in my spam/trash/junk or anything like that, either. Strange.

4 minutes ago, Bod2019 said:

$34.99 to the UK.

Same to Tokyo.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

I tried as soon as pre-orders opened and had the same issues as others. The card was declined and out of stock - IN UNDER 8 MINUTES!  This means it could have sold out in even half that time. I couldn't enter my info fast enough. 

Hmm- if Mister gets a portable shell and IPS (I hear this is being worked on) to essentially make it a portable like a Pocket, it already has GB, GBC and GBA as well as Sega GG. All Mister would need is NGPC and Lynx and we may be set.

I like Kevtris and his amazing work - It is no slant to him saying it's a shame it is getting harder to get access to his creations.

Just now, Atariboy said:

They're claiming they're going to produce more and have rolled out COVID-19 to explain the events of a few minutes ago.

Looks like it was a marketing maneuver today. 

I'm not sure what to think...I could legit see whatever stock they were planning to have on hand of the Pockets sell out, but all the accessories "selling out" at once like that is strange....even the Pockets themselves since you have to assume the different colors were in different demand. It's def pretty shitty though and I don't blame anyone for being pissed off about it. At the very least, it's awfully suspicious.

I think from past sales the people with their cards getting declined might want to check out your credit card site.  It probably has to do with the place Analogue charges the card.  I think it might actually be like a Hong Kong location or something which means it might get denied next time too.  Some people end up with foreign transaction fees as well.

What a joke.

Everything in the retro-world is becoming snipers' stuff.

I was ok with being their bank, I was ok for getting it next may, 18 months after announcement... and I looked at the preorder page after 15 min and all was sold out.

Man, I was working... I've a life, goddamnit.

Really, what a shame.

• Like 1

Despite being on the fence I ordered two of everything except the audio cables (one for a mate to combine shipping, no scalping here) and it was $69 delivered to the U.K. for both.

Got it all ordered in 6 mins according to my confirmation email! 

I bet they reopen preorders before May 2021, they did with the Mini NT noir.

4 minutes ago, Enragedwhale said:

Wow - what a small window.. your order in 6 minutes went, but mine in 8 failed being out of stock. So they sold out somewhere in the range of 6-8 minutes. Geez what if you had a typo on your mailing address while frantically racing to the payment button?

5 minutes ago, Enragedwhale said:

Despite being on the fence I ordered two of everything except the audio cables (one for a mate to combine shipping, no scalping here) and it was $69 delivered to the U.K. for both.

I bet they reopen preorders before May 2021, they did with the Mini NT noir.

I ordered mine (Pocket, dock, case and screen protector) within three minute (Aug 03 08:03AM according to my confirmation email), had no issue with the shipping calculator to here in the UK. Shipping was $34.99, probably because I just ordered the one Pocket. I feel sorry for those that had issues that prevented them from getting their order in, I can't see why Analogue would limit this so much other than to create artificial scarcity.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, afx_acid said:

I ordered mine (Pocket, dock, case and screen protector) within three minute (Aug 03 08:03AM according to my confirmation email), had no issue with the shipping calculator to here in the UK. Shipping was $34.99, probably because I just ordered the one Pocket. I feel sorry for those that had issues that prevented them from getting their order in, I can't see why Analogue would limit this so much other than to create artificial scarcity.

The only other thing I can think of is that if there is a problem with the first run, it's 10k units to deal with vs...whatever the final number will be.

That's also why I didn't order a second one, even though I generally pick up spares units of handhelds for when the button rubber wears out. I figure later on there could be a bugfixed version--probably in a special edition with some kind of obscure music partnership. (I'm holding out for the 'Foghat' edition :) )

Speaking of rubber, I hope this shares those bits with one of the 8bitdo controllers.  It'd make rebuild (and design) easier.  

Edited by Reaperman

There is already a pre-order for sale on Ebay for $650.

In one sense, I'd be happy if the next pre-order is many months from now just to save up for it better.  Is anyone else surprised that the dock only comes in black when they are selling a white Pocket?

Which one did people get (or attempt to get)- black or white?  Since the OG Gameboy was beige, one could go either way. I like the black thinking scratches and marks won't show and it looks like the MegaSG. The white could look like my DS though. 

2 minutes ago, seastalker said:

In one sense, I'd be happy if the next pre-order is many months from now just to save up for it better.  Is anyone else surprised that the dock only comes in black when they are selling a white Pocket?

Which one did people get (or attempt to get)- black or white?  Since the OG Gameboy was beige, one could go either way. I like the black thinking scratches and marks won't show and it looks like the MegaSG. The white could look like my DS though. 

I too was a little surprised the dock didn't come in white. I personally got black because I plan to have mine sitting in my entertainment center for 99% of it it's life, and all my other gear is black. I would prob still go with a black one if I had plans on using it outside of that scenario, but for sure white wasn't an option in my use case. And even if I really did want a white one, a white pocket with a black dock wouldn't have been acceptable either.

2 minutes ago, seastalker said:

The white one is very 'Apple', I'm sure it will be popular for that reason amongst others.

I went for the black one as I expect letterboxing for GBA will be less obvious against the black body. Unless there's a white letterboxing mode of course but I haven't seen anything mentioned.

5 minutes ago, seastalker said:

I got black so there is no risk of it looking like this

pce1_s.png

in 30 years. One of my friends got white, though, because he likes how it resembles the Game Boy.