1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ugh, so I knew this would probably happen, but didn't bother to set an alarm, so I was busy messing with something else and getting started with work while they sold out.

Oh well. I refuse to pay scalper pricing. I either get it at MSRP or I don't get it. ??‍♀️

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

So... remember when there was that thing on Analogue's website saying "Sign up to be notified when it becomes available" or whatever it was? I'm guessing that email never got sent, not that it matters now.

I got an e-mail a while back about pre-orders starting today at 8am. I think that was the "notification". A notification this morning would have been worthless for a lot of people.

Edited by Kaide

My order went through at 8:08AM after several minutes of shipping calculations.  I am curious how many sold.  For how short it was up it couldn't have been many.  Hopefully they are just trying to stay on people's minds and will trickle out pre-orders regularly until next year and this will eventually be like the MegaSG and continue to be sold.  (Though, I still don't understand how they can have a seemingly endless supply of those and the SuperNt goes months without stock and then sells out very quickly.)

2 minutes ago, Toth said:

(Though, I still don't understand how they can have a seemingly endless supply of those and the SuperNt goes months without stock and then sells out very quickly.)

Super NES was always more popular than the Genesis/MegaDrive. This is likely more that they keep selling through the Super NT batches as they get them, versus the Mega SG supply has already caught up to demand. 

So glad I'm not interested this time. Just not into handheld gaming any more.  Feel bad for all that really wanted it.  This is going to piss off many.  I think analogue should have waited longer to make sure they had enough for longer then 8 mins?  The Nt Mini Noir was around for a week then sold out.  I think many will remember this debacle.

9 minutes ago, Toth said:

I am curious how many sold.  For how short it was up it couldn't have been many.  

about 10k orders

I ordered a dac on jul 27 (after the 'false start' non-preorder).  it was order #45389

myself and two coworkers ordered pockets today:

we were all hitting buttons as fast as possible

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SlCKB0Y said:

They are different products. There has almost certainly been some sort of cock here because the only other explanation is “scalpers”

They didn't go simultaneously.

When my card was declined twice and I made a third attempt, the Pocket was removed from my cart as out of stock. Still in my cart and able to be purchased though was the dock.

Edited by Atariboy

3 hours ago, konradklaus said:

This is all marketing.  If you are doing preorders so far a head, they could have taken ANY number really.  I just hope if they are going to go this route of annoyingly small batches for preorders, is that they have many opportunities.  There is no reason to make such a small run.

I dont understand this either, well. If they could stick to the original plan and ship them late 2020. But now I dont know.

It can be possible its harder to source parts theese days, but it does not be any shortage in other electronics.

They could be fair, preorder up for 1 week. Shipping starts in may. If you order 100k units, we produce 100k units.

Some gets it in may, some in september. Think people would be more fine with that.

29 minutes ago, atmn said:

I dont understand this either, well. If they could stick to the original plan and ship them late 2020. But now I dont know.

It can be possible its harder to source parts theese days, but it does not be any shortage in other electronics.

They could be fair, preorder up for 1 week. Shipping starts in may. If you order 100k units, we produce 100k units.

Some gets it in may, some in september. Think people would be more fine with that.

I would have to assume that any sourcing issue is related to the display. It's not exactly common.

5 hours ago, Reaperman said:

about 10k orders

I ordered a dac on jul 27 (after the 'false start' non-preorder).  it was order #45389

myself and two coworkers ordered pockets today:

we were all hitting buttons as fast as possible

I think you are right, but could be more than 10k (many 2 units orders).

Mine was #46163. Confirmation email was received at 08:02:08.

Edited by hyrulebr
typo

3 hours ago, Atariboy said:

They didn't go simultaneously.

When my card was declined twice and I made a third attempt, the Pocket was removed from my cart as out of stock. Still in my cart and able to be purchased though was the dock.

That seems really strange and contrary to how carts work on many other shopping sites out there, where if the item is successfully added to your cart, than that item is claimed / allocated to you for a certain time frame, one of the main reasons being to give the user time to sort through billing and shipping without feeling rushed. Maybe it's different for pre-orders, since the item isn't available yet, though that should still be made clear on the site.

7 hours ago, Kaide said:

Ugh, so I knew this would probably happen, but didn't bother to set an alarm, so I was busy messing with something else and getting started with work while they sold out.

Oh well. I refuse to pay scalper pricing. I either get it at MSRP or I don't get it. ??‍♀️

I got an e-mail a while back about pre-orders starting today at 8am. I think that was the "notification". A notification this morning would have been worthless for a lot of people.

I never got an email about the pocket, which is disappointing. I'm still waiting for the NT Mini Noir to be shipped, so it's probably not the best idea to have two expensive projects in limbo.

8 hours ago, Kaide said:

Interesting... this is all I've gotten from Analogue ever aside from emails to customer support

analogue.png

9 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Interesting... this is all I've gotten from Analogue ever aside from emails to customer support

analogue.png

I use gmail and their emails go to the promotions folder or whatever it is. Which is of course useless as my phone doesnt notify me of stuff in that folder, but I digress....Anyway, maybe yours is getting caught in spam or something?

46 minutes ago, jamon1567 said:

I use gmail and their emails go to the promotions folder or whatever it is. Which is of course useless as my phone doesnt notify me of stuff in that folder, but I digress....Anyway, maybe yours is getting caught in spam or something?

I use Thunderbird. I did check my spam and trash folders, but there's nothing in there at all. I hope that I actually get notified when the Game Gear adaptor and Mega Sg adaptors are back in stock, as I signed up to be notified. I'm sure someone here will probably post about it when it happens, though.

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I use Thunderbird. I did check my spam and trash folders, but there's nothing in there at all. I hope that I actually get notified when the Game Gear adaptor and Mega Sg adaptors are back in stock, as I signed up to be notified. I'm sure someone here will probably post about it when it happens, though.

I feel like Twitter is your quickest way to get notified of something, unfortunately.  I hate that Twitter seems to be the main way companies communicate now.  Analogue products sell out way too fast to rely on the email notifications of a website as those probably get sent out at a specified time rather than in real time.

Edited by Toth

1 minute ago, Toth said:

I feel like Twitter is your quickest way to get notified of something, unfortunately.  I hate that Twitter seems to be the main way companies communicate now.  Analogue products sell out way too fast to rely on the email notifications of a website as those probably get sent out at a specified time rather than in real time.

Yes, Twitter is a pile of crap and I wish companies stopped using it. I also wish Analogue would email me like they said they would.

4 hours ago, NE146 said:

I dunno.. Most of us got an email last week. All it said was what we all already knew though.

image2.thumb.jpg.7481fdd3aef219551a4ff6b821a16c0a.jpg

image1.thumb.jpg.74fb6b249d5623a22e9ba17d883ecf9c.jpg

Yeah, I figured as much, and also that it wouldn't really matter as I've been paying attention, but it would be nice. Anyway, now I have to go research good games for the Neo Geo Pocket (Color) in addition to the Famicom and NES. Hopefully the adaptor for NGP will be available for longer than a few seconds. Actually, I take that back. I hope EVERYTHING is available for longer than a few seconds next time.

Isn't it illegal to sell something on ebay that you don't actually have?  If you're going to scalp it, you should at least read ebay's rules and wait until ~2 weeks before you get it to make a listing.

Do any Pocket units actually exist?  The renders shown by Analogue look different than the ones from the unveiling.

Edited by zetastrike