2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

On 9/26/2020 at 6:02 AM, GarrettCRW said:

Another Mega Sg issue that needs tending to concerns playing Lunar on the Sega CD. The game literally reboots when you push Start on the title screen, and a quick Google search reveals that this has been outstanding for quite a while.

The latest update added more Sega CD issues and both Final Fight and Sonic CD had issues when I used my model 2 Sega CD. I still had issues with bios loading, if I remember correctly, as well. 

The Nt Mini is releasing soon (again) but with rewritten cores or whatever so I would expect that system to get a fix in the months following, if needed.  Then the Pocket will be releasing and will get priority after that.  If Kevtris is the only guy capable of fixing stuff I wouldn't expect anything for a long time.

Edited by Toth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jamon1567 said:

I was gonna ask if we have a release date yet, but I guess your 28-41 days would indicate we don't?

"November 2020".  That's pretty much the standard for the info we get. :lol: Although I forget if they generally release more detail the closer the actual shipping date is.

The good thing is Analogue has more or less always delivered consistently.  So if they say it's shipping in November most people bet it will ship in November, whether it's the 1st or the 30th. 

You know, I hate to be that guy, but I'd prefer they just release some of the things that have been promised for some time now and then worry about selling me something else. They've been sitting on money of mine for the Noir and the Pocket for some time now and wanna potentially sell me something else? Not really a good look....

That said, if I had to guess I'd guess PCE as well. We're not to the point yet where 32/64 bit would be feasible, at least from an affordability standpoint anyway.

Edited by jamon1567
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, jamon1567 said:

You know, I hate to be that guy, but I'd prefer they just release some of the things that have been promised for some time now and then worry about selling me something else. They've been sitting on money of mine for the Noir and the Pocket for some time now and wanna potentially sell me something else? Not really a good look....

That said, if I had to guess I'd guess PCE as well. We're not to the point yet where 32/64 bit would be feasible, at least from an affordability standpoint anyway.

A pc engine fpga with a cd-rom drive would be great but not now. You have a good point!

Maybe it's just some new features for the pocket and a new batch for pre-orders...

If Pocket now will support PCE/TG16 hucards, then a jailbreak will likely do the same. Probably no CD support on jailbreak or why have the main duo system? SGX on pocket would be nice in a jailbreak as it is 5-7 games depending on one's outlook of the Darius(?) games.

Interesting they are doing a CD based system. Maybe down the road a PSX or multi CD core system will develop.

I think I'm good with the Mister core personally.

P.s. For those that plan one.. ugh, limited quantities

Edited by seastalker

8 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Well... it looks almost exactly like the PC Engine DUO, which is a really beautiful console

PC-Engine-Duo-Console-Set.jpg

but lol it still only has 1 controller port

Indeed :D

Although I'd point out itll do bluetooth and 2.4G for up to 4 controllers with no dongles which is pretty dope.

Edited by jamon1567

I missed it before but now see that Supergrafx support will come to the Pocket as well. I never had a Turbo Express and don't remember it having that ability. The pocket is the one I'm most interested in. CD games on Mister. I'm glad Kevtris made this duo though for those with large CD collections. I only have a handful of Hu-cards.  I wonder if this will affect the TerraOnion option considering this console is HDMI. Any more or less than Mister? I'm just glad there are OPTIONS for everyone.

2 minutes ago, jamon1567 said:

Oh no doubt. Glad they included the original port cuz that's a must for Rondo.

Avenue Pad 3 is the only PC Engine controller that I use because it's the best one. Shuttle gets a nice second place, but it doesn't have the same functionality.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

19 minutes ago, seastalker said:

I missed it before but now see that Supergrafx support will come to the Pocket as well. I never had a Turbo Express and don't remember it having that ability.

It doesn't. Yay, handheld 1941 Counter Attack~

This is actually what I am looking forward to the most, since I bought the Pocket basically just in case it got PC Engine support somehow. Looks like I got lucky.

18 minutes ago, RetrogamerX said:

Guess it will sell out in 3 secs like the pocket did ?

They did say it was limited, so it's certainly possible, but this line is getting pretty tiresome. Every product they released prior to the Pocket and the Noir (which they were up front about being very limited) was available for pre-order for weeks. The Pocket was always going to be limited because of the screens they have to source, and the Mini because of the aluminum housing and the fact that they seem to want to just be done with it. I don't know why a Duo would need to be limited, but of course covid is effing everything up. I mean, you can only get certain flavors of Coke right now FFS. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not sure they're intentionally doing this ala Limited Run.

• Like 1