3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hmmmm... Pokemon - JB... GameBoy... probably..!? [emoji3]
Come on, what else?

[mention=4949]CZroe[/mention] yeah, forget about RTC games in this case.
LOL! Yeah, I guess it would be pretty hard to play with the originals. ;) Gonna guess that the RTCs in original carts will work just fine if we ever get Game Boy cartridge adapters.

3 hours ago, plx said:

Hmmmm... Pokemon - JB... GameBoy... probably..!? :D

Come on, what else?

@Steven Pendleton yeah, forget about RTC games in this case.

Yeah, I was expecting this to happen. It's just a temporary solution until I get my Game Boy and GBA Everdrives. It took about 2 months to get the SD2SNES Pro when I bought it last year, so I expect to see them in late January, just like last time. Then I'll switch to GBA SP and Super Game Boy 2 (which is why I got both the GB and GBA models) until I get the Pocket.

I couldn't get my Nt Mini Noir to turn on using the controller--and I was worried it was defective somehow.

It turns out that there is a misprint in the small included manual. The manual says press "select" and "b" to turn on the console using the controller, but the actual combination is "select" and "a".

Also, it is pretty neat that other 8bitdo 2.4g controllers can be paired to the included N30 receiver. I just paired an M30 controller, which I love, but it's not so good for NES games because the A and B positions are reversed. Have not tried any of the extra cores yet, but it will hopefully button map well in the Sega cores.

• Like 1

I really love my Nt mini noir, but for it being a limited release why do a genesis core that uses 3 to 6 buttons controller?  Wouldn't it made more sense to do a PC Engine core that has a 2 button layout like the NES? Very odd they didn't add this to the jailbreak?  It wouldn't hurt they new pc engine duo fpga console,  Nt mini noir is only  in limited quantities anyways. 

I for one hope they add this to noir jailbreak update?

On 12/12/2020 at 1:40 PM, spspspsp said:

I couldn't get my Nt Mini Noir to turn on using the controller--and I was worried it was defective somehow.

It turns out that there is a misprint in the small included manual. The manual says press "select" and "b" to turn on the console using the controller, but the actual combination is "select" and "a".

Also, it is pretty neat that other 8bitdo 2.4g controllers can be paired to the included N30 receiver. I just paired an M30 controller, which I love, but it's not so good for NES games because the A and B positions are reversed. Have not tried any of the extra cores yet, but it will hopefully button map well in the Sega cores.

Thanks so much for this. I’ve been getting up from the chair to turn the system on.

like an animal!

4 hours ago, schnuth said:

Thanks so much, I was looking for something like this but came up empty handed. I really appreciate it!

1 hour ago, eewoke said:

Great! I will give this a try too! Maybe an idea to make a tool for the bios as well?

I hope it helps. To be clear, I just saw it mentioned elsewhere and I wasn't involved with making it.

On 12/12/2020 at 1:20 AM, dashv said:

Been playing BS Zelda on the Super NT.

Man it looks and sounds pretty great. ?

Does this work with the jail break or are you using the SD2SNES (FXPak Pro)? Or maybe it works on both but I am not sure.  I have wanted to try figuring out how to get/play that game.

Edited by Toth

There are rom hacks of the Zelda 1 remake and the episodic Link to the Past inspired series of Ancient Stone Tablets broadcasts that work on the Super Nt jailbreak.

Some though don't work obviously, like the one that adds CD quality music and FMV segments to Ancient Stone Tablets. For those, you'd need that flashcart.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, plx said:

Better ask Kev ;)

"open source" - what do YOU think?

Obviously no.

I know Analogue products are closed, but assumed the jail-break itself was open, especially given that a github link was given. I know the kevtris made the original jail-breaks for the older NT minis, but seeing as the link given was for a Smoke Monster repo, I thought that had changed.

On 12/16/2020 at 11:46 AM, schnuth said:

For what it’s worth I prefer to use my Everdrive with my jailbroken Noir too.

Forgive me, but what is the point of using a flash cart, which loads ROM files, when you have a jail-break, which can load the same files more directly? Does the Everdrive (N8 I presume) have some advantage, like better extended audio or other custom chip support that some real games might have used? If that is the reason I can understand that, otherwise it seems redundant.

Edited by blzmarcel
typo

Forgive me, but what is the point of using a flash cart, which loads ROM files, when you have a jail-break, which can load the same files more directly? Does the Everdrive (N8 I presume) have some advantage, like better extended audio or other custom chip support that some real games might have used? If that is the reason I can understand that, otherwise it seems redundant.

I have other Famicom systems I like using besides my NT Mini. So it’s nice to keep all my saves in one place no matter how I play. Plus I don’t think the NT Mini does save states either. Until a couple weeks ago I didn’t have any other way of playing NES games except my N8 on original hardware.

I have an N8 Pro which plays some games the jailbrake won’t. The fan translation of SD Gundam Knight for instance, but I haven’t tried it with the new JB firmware yet. I would’ve said FDS games too, but that’s been added. :)
  • Thanks 1