1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's normal behavior for this title and not an issue related to the latest firmware. I forget the details, but a straight rom dump like the No Intro version doesn't work correctly and you need one with some modifications. Same applies to Everdrives (But apparently not the MegaSD).

I encountered the same problems with the No Intro rom earlier in this thread and asked a similar question when my physical cartridges for Sonic 2 & Knuckles worked correctly. You need the [f1] or [f2] roms from Goodgen.

Edited by Atariboy

8 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

It's normal behavior for this title and not an issue related to the latest firmware. I forget the details, but a straight rom dump like the No Intro version doesn't work correctly and you need one with some modifications. Same applies to Everdrives (But apparently not the MegaSD).

I encountered the same problems with the No Intro rom earlier in this thread and asked a similar question when my physical cartridges for Sonic 2 & Knuckles worked correctly. You need the [f1] or [f2] roms from Goodgen.

Interesting. I suppose I should close the issue, then...

6 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Interesting. I suppose I should close the issue, then...

I noticed this thread when I was browsing No-Intro's forums, and it looks like the general conclusion made there is that the No-Intro S&K + Sonic 2 rom is just the two individual roms directly combined one after the other, without any modifications. The author hypothesized that the reason is that resulting rom layout should be as it would be with real carts, and the responsibility for reading and acting accordingly should be on the system running the game, which sets the correct values and such, like a real Genesis/MD would when it detects something in the address space after the main S&K rom. This makes a lot of sense to me and would indicate that the MegaSG isn't behaving exactly like a real Genesis/MD for S&K lockons.

29 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

Does anyone know if the Analogue nt mini noir when jailbroken supports full expansion audio from famicom games on the SD card? Gimmick comes to mind for example.

It does.  In fact the NT Mini Noir "knows" when an expansion audio ROM is being played and will automatically activate the required expansion chip without your needing to. 

It does.  In fact the NT Mini Noir "knows" when an expansion audio ROM is being played and will automatically activate the required expansion chip without your needing to. 

That’s wonderful news. Thanks for the quick reply! You saved me about $200 for a Gimmick famicom cart I was planning on buying. I like having original carts for the games I really enjoy playing a lot, but that ones a bit steep.

I think the analogue products may need their own thread at this point.

Another question: the noir comes with the 2.4g retro receiver that seems to be unavailable for purchase anywhere? Has anyone found a place to purchase these?

I thought the Noir's receivers were integrated internally?

As far as I know the 2.4g NES receiver is bought by purchasing the 2.4g controller bundle meant for original NES hardware. It looks out of stock at the moment at Amazon, but presumably will be returning soon.

If you're looking for just the receiver, I don't think they've ever sold it standalone since they expect anyone needing it to also need the controller itself. You'd probably have to go to the secondary marketplace to hunt one down like Ebay or the AtariAge forum marketplace.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

I thought the Noir's receivers were integrated internally?

As far as I know the 2.4g NES receiver is bought by purchasing the 2.4g controller bundle meant for original NES hardware. It looks out of stock at the moment at Amazon, but presumably will be returning soon.

If you're looking for just the receiver, I don't think they've ever sold it standalone since they expect anyone needing it to also need the controller itself. You'd probably have to go to the secondary marketplace to hunt one down like Ebay or the AtariAge forum marketplace.

It looks like your right. The 2.4G original nes receiver was never sold separately. It looks like the kit that includes both the controller and receiver are gone from every major retailer including AliExpress. It looks like I’ll have to place a wanted ad here on the forums and play with original nes controllers for players 2-4 for a while.

1 hour ago, XtraSmiley said:

The latest word on Discord is that it (and the SNES ones) aren't discontinued, but just out of stock now. So, more later, when? No one knows...

That's good to hear. They had previously stated that they were discontinued: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnalogueInc/comments/kszn1h/8bitdo_confirm_several_discontinuations/

Hopefully they get more in soon for those that want them.

• Like 1

Been dragging my feet for both their NES and SNES 2.4g controllers. Guess I better bite the bullet when they restock just in case they go away permanently shortly after.

I bought their TG16 Mini controller recently and enjoy using it quite a bit. Not sure it's quite as great as their M30 2.4g controller, but so far both of my 8BitDo purchases have fully met my expectations. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, adamchevy said:

That’s wonderful news. Thanks for the quick reply! You saved me about $200 for a Gimmick famicom cart I was planning on buying. I like having original carts for the games I really enjoy playing a lot, but that ones a bit steep.

I think the analogue products may need their own thread at this point.

Another question: the noir comes with the 2.4g retro receiver that seems to be unavailable for purchase anywhere? Has anyone found a place to purchase these?

Welcome!  And yeah it does, if only to help Kev better keep track of bugs that need to be squashed.

And yes, the Noir does come with one NES 2.4g controller -- they are out of stock everywhere, but it looks like 8BitDo is producing more, if this e-mail exchange is to be believed:

https://i.redd.it/6w7p2km2f4l61.jpg

• Like 1

doh. beaten to the punch. Didn't see the newer posts. 

I have two of the 8bitdo SNES controllers (one SNES and one SFC styled) and one of the NES wireless controllers. I tried to get a second NES controller, but they were out of stock. I like them quite a bit. Work great with MiSTer using a micro USB cable too. 

Edited by BrianC

23 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

That's good to hear. They had previously stated that they were discontinued: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnalogueInc/comments/kszn1h/8bitdo_confirm_several_discontinuations/

Hopefully they get more in soon for those that want them.

Well that link takes you to a picture that looks just like the email I got, but others (more recently) have gotten ones that say restock coming.

Neither are true confirmations, so don't take it as gospel. I think the help staff on email reply really don't know.

On 3/2/2021 at 11:16 AM, vanfanel said:

Hi,

I had a lengthy conversation with Kevtris about this yesterday on Discord.

I know folks have been giving you crap on here. But thanks for getting the word out there about ways the NT products can be improved.

Also, thank you Kevtris for listening to community feedback and making improvements! I’ll be giving Parprium a try on the newest firmware today!

I’m an engineer and something really agitating me is that some folks refuse to hear or accept any kind of criticism or improvement suggestions.

While it’s true no one has infinite time or money and it’s also true that sometimes the payoff is not worth the effort. It’s just as true that sometimes we as consumers end up with abandoned and inferior products simply because we didn’t have the time or desire to point out issues and ask for better.

I’m very happy with the full screen pixel effect in the new software. ? It doesn’t matter to me if the person who drove the conversation stuck around to use it. ?

It’s going to be awesome if Paprium is fully working now. I literally held back my YouTube compatibility video when I saw it broken in the previous firmwares because I filed a bug with Analog and had faith in Kevtris that he wouldn’t let it go.

Criticism doesn’t always equal an attack or insult. It just means there are areas that could potentially be improved. If we plug our ears to it we block potential for understanding, progress, and improvement.

His reception is due solely to how he's chosen to handle himself here with his interactions with other members. Not because he's dared to point out faults with existing Analogue products.  

Many of us have regularly pointed out areas that we've felt were lacking, games that were broken, extra features that we'd like to see implemented, etc. But we've done so without an attitude, without aggression towards other members, etc. 

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 3

Just now, Atariboy said:

His reception is due solely to how he's chosen to handle himself here with his interactions with other members. Not because he's dared to point out faults with existing Analogue products.  

Many of us have regularly pointed out areas that we've felt were lacking, games that were broken, extra features we'd like to see implemented, etc. But we've done so without an attitude, without aggression towards other members, etc. 

I've seen several times in this thread folks told to go use a different product if it works better for them or makes them happier than the NT. I'm just saying not everyone saying those things is trying to bash the product or cause contention. Some genuinely want to see the product improve.

Can and should folks use decency and respect as they share their thoughts and experiences? Absolutely.

Did I applaud his earlier attitude? No.

He was chastised for it and from what I have seen in this thread he's dialed it back. Sticking to facts and objective comparisons.

• Like 1

Fair enough. 

Switching gears, does anyone know if an 8BitDo M30 2.4g controller can be paired to an 8BitDo TG16 Mini 2.4g USB receiver? I'm curious if I could pair the two for use on my Sega Genesis Mini, but can't seem to sync it up.

I know it's not actually an Analogue question, but since 8BitDo is essentially the official controller line for Analogue products, we obviously discuss 8BitDo regularly in here.

Ugh. Finally got around to using the DAC. It was so pretty opening the box lol. Anyways. Going from Super NT > DAC > Sony BVM-D20F1U via BNC Component with external sync connected. Using the HDMI cable from that I've been using with the SNT without issue. However, doing through the DAC I'm getting the NO SIGNAL blocky letters. I've tried it with five other HDMI cables and still the same issue. All cables work with the SNT to LCD. Any suggestions? I tried looking for a possible firmware update, but didn't find one.

Posted this in the discord analogue help section.  Hopefully someone can help. :(

5 hours ago, Atariboy said:

Fair enough. 

Switching gears, does anyone know if an 8BitDo M30 2.4g controller can be paired to an 8BitDo TG16 Mini 2.4g USB receiver? I'm curious if I could pair the two for use on my Sega Genesis Mini, but can't seem to sync it up.

I know it's not actually an Analogue question, but since 8BitDo is essentially the official controller line for Analogue products, we obviously discuss 8BitDo regularly in here.

I remember reading on the forums at 8bitdo that the receivers are designed for the specific product. So generally you cannot mix and match them. ? super bummer.

update on Parprium.

It does indeed play correctly now and it looks and sounds great! :-D

I am a very happy camper!

1 hour ago, F34R said:

Ugh. Finally got around to using the DAC. It was so pretty opening the box lol. Anyways. Going from Super NT > DAC > Sony BVM-D20F1U via BNC Component with external sync connected. Using the HDMI cable from that I've been using with the SNT without issue. However, doing through the DAC I'm getting the NO SIGNAL blocky letters. I've tried it with five other HDMI cables and still the same issue. All cables work with the SNT to LCD. Any suggestions? I tried looking for a possible firmware update, but didn't find one.

Posted this in the discord analogue help section.  Hopefully someone can help. :(

Got it all sorted lol.  OOOOOHHH It's glorious!!

• Like 2

Got it all sorted lol.  OOOOOHHH It's glorious!!

I once had a bvm hooked up to an RGB modded NES. It was glorious. I have a 36” Trinitron as well and I didn’t find it to be that much better so I sold my bvm for $300 a few years ago. Looking back now I should have just kept it. Especially when UPS destroyed it during shipping.