3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, F34R said:

I must be doing something wrong lol.

Trying to use my Super NT, hdmi out obviously, to a portta hdmi to component box.  Then component out from portta to the GBS-C AIO > VGA/BNC to BVM-D20F1U.  Can't get it to work lol. Works properly going from Super NT to Analgoue DAC to bvm.

Any suggestions?  Settings are working for Nintendo Switch to portta > portta to GBS > BVM via vga/bnc.

I got it all sorted.  I'm guessing the firmware was just too old.  Updated the GBS-C AIO firmware, and all is good now.

On 3/21/2021 at 1:39 AM, dashv said:

What are ya’ll doing to get nice consistent scanlines? Mine are double width every other line on my NT Noir, SG, and NT.

Are you referring to the post above you?  If so that is just what scanlines look like on like a PVM crt or whatever.  If you just mean in general for modern displays then I got nothing since I don't use them :)

Will October/November of this year be the time when Analogue announces a 'Zimba 3000' (which has jailbreak support for 3rd and 4th generation consoles, some PCs and handhelds as well)?

One of these years I will be spending money like a drunken sailor. Please keep the dream alive kevtris.  #Zimba3000

5 hours ago, Thrakk said:

Will October/November of this year be the time when Analogue announces a 'Zimba 3000' (which has jailbreak support for 3rd and 4th generation consoles, some PCs and handhelds as well)?

One of these years I will be spending money like a drunken sailor. Please keep the dream alive kevtris.  #Zimba3000

Pocket might be the closest we get to Zimba 3000.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Pocket might be the closest we get to Zimba 3000.  

From Kevtris this might be true (at least for a few years). But the actual closest is probably the MiSTer. I'm not making a "one is better than the other" post, rather, I like both but if you want the all-in-on system, then there is only one right now on that track.

Edited by XtraSmiley

On 3/21/2021 at 3:39 PM, dashv said:

What are ya’ll doing to get nice consistent scanlines? Mine are double width every other line on my NT Noir, SG, and NT.

This is usually a sign of either (1) the TV scaling the image unevenly or (2) using a non-integer vertical scale (i.e. 4.5x on 1080p), but there are also some issues with scanlines even on the current FW for the SG and NT (and thus I assume the Noir as well). 1080p should be fine as long as you use either a 4x or 5x vertical scale.  On 720p, the scanline filter seems to be backwards (i.e. two black lines for every filled line rather than the reverse) unless you move the image upward to vertical position 26/27.

I’m trying to find a working 7800 bios for the noir. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

I’ve found a couple around the Internet but for some reason they don’t work? I’ve named them appropriately but no dice. Has anyone had a similar problem?

So does anyone have the XE-1AP? I got one today and it doesn't seem to work on the Mega Sg. I have not been able to get the throttle to work properly on my real Mega Drive and am still working on that, but the analog stick and the buttons work fine. On the Mega Sg with the XE-1AP set to MD mode, nothing works at all.

Yeah, bummer.  When it was announced I think it was supposed to release in November 2020, then got delayed to March or something, then May and now October.  I just hate that you pay them the full amount back when they announced the preorder even though apparently that money isn't necessarily used to buy the components and build the device at that time (or it would have been released by now).  I wonder how long they sit on the money before actually placing the order for the devices from their manufacturer?  Apparently the shortage they are talking about was sudden even though preorders were in August 2020. 

Edited by Toth

I forgot when the Pocket was supposed to release. I literally do not remember. At least they actually emailed me about the delay this time. Then again, I forgot if they emailed me last time. Or when the Noir got delayed. Well, I waited for StarCraft Ghost for like 5 years or however long it was as it kept getting delayed again and again before getting cancelled and I'm a Star Citizen original backer, so I've built some patience over the past 20 years or so.

Anyway, I tested the XE-1AP on the Mega Sg again and it seems to work in digital mode, but not analog mode. Sad that it doesn't work, but since there are only a very small number of games that support it, I suppose it really doesn't make that much of a difference.

• Like 1

Just now, ErebusMaligan said:

I always wonder how many people are out there who remember seeing ads for this or Warcraft Lord of the Clans.  So rare you see either mentioned.

I don't think there are a whole lot of people that remember either of them. I remember one time about a week before Ghost was supposed to release when I asked people in-game on battle.net if they were getting it... most of them were like "I forgot that releases next week!", but of course it got delayed again. I don't think I read the news very often back then, mainly because I was like 11 or 12 or something like that, but I'm pretty sure they probably didn't announce the delay with only 1 week to go, but at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if they did, given how terribly they handled everything with that game.

I still have not forgiven them for cancelling it, and StarCraft II's badness made it even worse.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 5:50 PM, adamchevy said:

I’m not sure where the thank you thread is for Kevtris but he needs one. The Analogue Nt Mini Noir is the most beautiful piece of kit that I have ever owned. I could go on and on about how much I love the noir, and wax poetic probably. You have my sincere gratitude Kevtris! Great job!

I wanna hear the poetry.

• Like 1

I kind of wanted to know what's after a final run ..... guess I know now, another final run.

It's turtles all the way ..... what would make it even more grandiose is if after the pre-order is done it's revealed that this is actually a v3 with XYZ enhancements .... 'cause you know that would totally make sense.

So who's buying? 
(I am not, I like it very much but I like 500U$ even more)

9 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

So who's buying? 
(I am not, I like it very much but I like 500U$ even more)

I'm gonna try.  I was one of the ones mad at Analog because they originally said it was the exact same thing as the Mini.  If I get one I'll try to sell my Mini.

If you have the money and even a hint of desire to get one then go for it.  It will not drop in value.  If you change your mind later you can get your money back selling it, easily.  I'd much rather people in forums like this who are on the fence go for and possibly make money on it someday than scalpers who's main purpose for buying it is simply to jack up the price and make money.

Edited by Toth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricdeau said:

Looks like the store is busted. Can't add to cart. I tested a different in stock item and got the same message. Guess I'll miss out on this one since I can't just keep trying to add it to my cart for much longer...got work to do.

I was able to add to cart in the first 5 seconds, now it says I'm in line to check out due to high traffic.

Crossing fingers!

image.thumb.png.a477d7d4388997d7b94be7d95ece7d68.png

• Like 1