1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It seems they have yet to make the HuCARD adaptor available for purchase. It says "Coming 2021" but there are not many days left in 2021, so I wonder if it will be available next week. Can't wait to pay $50 for their gold-plated and diamond encrusted shipping + their hidden foreign transaction fee for a tiny little thing that's big enough to fit in the palm of my hand.

Sure is quiet around here, given that reviews went live a few hours ago. :)

The gist from what I've seen is that Analogue delivered, but that the product perhaps isn't quite as polished at release as is typical. The basics though are all in place and perform as expected. A bit of a surprise given the long gestation period, but sounds like much of it will be getting addressed next month like the barebones nature of the dock at release.

One surprise for me is that the Super Nt paired with my Super Game Boy isn't yet quite obsolete. No Super Game Boy support at release and no guarantees it will be coming, although at least one review channel on YouTube inquired about it and was told it was a possibility. Perhaps there's not quite enough horsepower to easily run a pared down variant of the Super Nt core alongside the Game Boy core.

Safe to assume that the appropriate core gets loaded automatically since that's how it works on the Mega Sg. No reason why they'd now change that and make you manually tell the system that you're inserting the GG, Lynx, NGP, or Hucard adapter. 

As for if these additional cores are preloaded on the system, all we know for certain is that the Game Gear core is since the system is launching with it and the testers and influencers all got one with their system to test it out. The other adapters though aren't launching until 2022. 

Edited by Atariboy

5 hours ago, Atariboy said:

Sure is quiet around here, given that reviews went live a few hours ago. :)

The gist from what I've seen is that Analogue delivered, but that the product perhaps isn't quite as polished at release as is typical. The basics though are all in place and perform as expected. A bit of a surprise given the long gestation period, but sounds like much of it will be getting addressed next month like the barebones nature of the dock at release.

One surprise for me is that the Super Nt paired with my Super Game Boy isn't yet quite obsolete. No Super Game Boy support at release and no guarantees it will be coming, although at least one review channel on YouTube inquired about it and was told it was a possibility. Perhaps there's not quite enough horsepower to easily run a pared down variant of the Super Nt core alongside the Game Boy core.

I'm dissapointed about the dock and the non existent DAC support. I hope that it come soon by firmware update. But I can't imagine how they pretended to launch it in 2020 even 1 year latter some features aren't implemented yet. Maybe just with GB and GBC cores ready out of box? This is indeed the most audacious project from Analogue and I hope that they fulfill everything they promised even if it take a year or more. I got two units in the preorder (for me and my friend, no scalpers here) and tomorrow I will take a look if more cartridge adapters will be available (NGPC, Lynx and TG-16).

• Like 1

Holy jeez. It sounds like Analogue hit it out of the park once again. That is one heck of an amazing screen we're about to use for...gameboy's four shades of green. ;) And sub-pixels!...I guess with a resolution like that, why not?

Onboard stereo, ergonomics are getting fairly high marks too, and it's coming out when I've probably got the most time to enjoy it.

This is truly an amazing age we live in.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

I thought the other 3 adapters were gonna be for sale today, but now it's showing "coming 2022."   Not sure if I read it, heard it, dreamed it, or just pulled it outta my ass, but.... were they for sale and I missed the first round?  Or it not happen yet?

If we are lucky we will get cores ported + JB before then anyways. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Atariboy said:

Thought I'd play it safe this time around since they didn't like my credit card during the first round of preorders. So I used my debit card, knowing that I had a few thousand in the bank. Declined yet again.

Analogue was innocent. My bank was blocking it. If I recall from past discussion in this thread, they're Hong Kong based and apparently that was a red flag.

I bet I'm in the 2023 wave though, so I only ordered the handheld since it's a lot of money to have tied up for so long. I'll worry about the dock later on. Surely they'll not be too skimpy on accessories with some further opportunities down the road and if not, I still want a MiSTer anyways so I could live with the Pocket being exclusively a handheld if push comes to shove.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I thought the other 3 adapters were gonna be for sale today, but now it's showing "coming 2022."   Not sure if I read it, heard it, dreamed it, or just pulled it outta my ass, but.... were they for sale and I missed the first round?  Or it not happen yet?

We hoped they would be for sale, but no dice. They are my fondest Analogue-related hopes :) 

Can anyone demystify the three Nanoloop cable accessories the Pocket is selling? I need to learn Nanoloop when I get it but which do I order? I comprehend the one side on all cables is 'link cable' port to the Pocket or GB, GBC, or GBA (not OG GB). The USB-A let's you connect to a computer for to and from transfers. The MIDI-IN would let me hook a Pocket or GB with Nanoloop to an old-school synth keyboard.  I'm confused about how these work. Can I add sounds from a Roland synth into Nanoloop (as named 'input' cable), or is it sending GB chiptune audio to a music keyboard? The USB-A is just to transfer Nanoloop creations to and from the Pocket to PC?  The really confusing one is the 'Nanoloop Pocket to Analog Sync Cable'... what is that square port on the other end? Surely you can't plug that into another Pocket or GB? Ever part of that product description is confusing- what is this cable for exactly?

Of the flood of youtube reviews, I only saw MLiG showing the white model. For those that ordered last year or yesterday, which one did you choose and why? Black or White? I got one of each and plan to decide which one will be mine. I'm leaning towards the white because it at least has some color contrast with the black bezel or bars in GBA mode. At least the MegaSG has some color in the buttons that stand out. The black pocket looks sleek but I wish both had the 'A' Analogue logo on it so it looked less 'generic' if that is fair before I see one in my hands.  Also, in the 1990s I had a game gear (and lynx) but dreamed about the elusive Japanese game gear white. I think that is influencing me.

Did others factor in the dock only comes in black? I don't mind the 'piano keys' look of the white in the dock. The takeaway I got from the MLiG review regarding the console handling is the white seems to get dirty easily while the black shows fingerprints more.  I'm really curious which one others chose and why Analogue chose those two colors over the OG gameboy color.

Edited by seastalker

I bought one of each because I couldn't decide for sure at the time which color I wanted but knew I was going to buy two of them.  I  am paranoid about getting mobile displays with dead pixels or other screen issues that probably aren't covered by warranty and figured if I bought both at least one would have a perfect display. The second one is pretty much a backup. I have bought two of the other systems I care about as well for similar reasons.  I would hate for one to be defective or develop a defect and then not be able to get a replacement.

Edited by Toth

I thought about getting two of the Pockets because I am also paranoid about things breaking. I have two Super Nts and Mega Sgs for that very reason, but for the Pocket I just couldn't justify it. I'm not a huge handheld fan, but I'm hoping to get a decent little collection for handheld as a result and play some stuff I missed out on.

On 12/14/2021 at 3:26 PM, Atariboy said:

Analogue was innocent. My bank was blocking it. If I recall from past discussion in this thread, they're Hong Kong based and apparently that was a red flag.

I bet I'm in the 2023 wave though, so I only ordered the handheld since it's a lot of money to have tied up for so long. I'll worry about the dock later on. Surely they'll not be too skimpy on accessories with some further opportunities down the road and if not, I still want a MiSTer anyways so I could live with the Pocket being exclusively a handheld if push comes to shove.

I just saw on their store page it lists the parts as "group C". If that wasn't there when you ordered you might be group B. Hopefully they'll send out an email at the end of the week or early next week so we all know what groups we are in.

Yeah, they announced that all orders were changed to 2 day FedEx. I think they were trying to get them in the hands of people as quickly as possible due to holidays and the lengthy delay. I do sympathize in that when I see something is FedEx I'm like ugh. They used to be good where I live, but for the last 5 or so years their service is miserable with most things being delivered by contractors that don't care about anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricdeau said:

I just saw on their store page it lists the parts as "group C". If that wasn't there when you ordered you might be group B. Hopefully they'll send out an email at the end of the week or early next week so we all know what groups we are in.

Nice catch. That means I'm A or B. I'll be super happy if I get in "A". I ordered right at 10CST so there's a chance