1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Man I was so hyped for this, but seeing those dates just put me off, it didn't help that it was open for pre-order on the 14th and 15th is payday for me. Knowing now I would almost definitely be in "Group C" if I paid up now, I'll wait.

I'm kind of gutted that so many things are living on this pre-order on the possible never-never. I get that Analogue are pretty legit, and there is a good chance it'll be fulfilled - but I miss the days when you ordered something and even if you had to wait for it you had the knowledge it'd definitely get to you somewhen.

I think I'm banking on a lot of things being good to really feel like it would be value for money: All the adapters coming out (I don't have a Lynx yet, but I'd get games if I knew I could play it), the dock actually being useful and having a decent compatible controller to use with it, and a number of other things.

What's another year eh? I feel like they would probably be a bit more direct on times later in the year which might help me, but I'll sit on it for now.

• Like 1

Messed up my screen protector, as it seems to have come with dust pre-installed on the sticky part and then it got worse when I tried to fix it. Anyone know where I can get another screen protector without having to wait until 2023 to get a new one from Analogue?

Anyway, it seems that the Retro-Bit 2.4GHz Saturn and Genesis controllers work in the blue light mode. A is B, B is A, and the home button actually calls the menu. Yay, I don't have to use 8BitDo garbage! Except M30 2.4g, which is awesome and everyone should buy at least 12 of them, but the Dock doesn't have a DE-9, so I can't use that anyway. PC Engine mini controller sadly does not seem to work. Mega Drive Mini controller seems to work perfectly aside from the d-pad, which does nothing. If this thing does later run PC Engine CD games from the SD card, I will definitely test to see if Tokimeki Memorial accepts USB mouse input.

Dock was annoying to update. My USB drive didn't work, so I ended up using a micro SD through a passive USB converter and that seemed to work fine.

I am so used to the angled screen on the GBA SP that this thing feels very awkward to play, but whatever. I'll get used to it eventually. Volume buttons are also too flat, I think. Now to wait for next year for that HuCARD adaptor.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Sad 1

Oops, I forgot something: I tried to power the Pocket Dock with the Switch dock and it does not work. Both the Mega Sg and Super Nt can run from the Switch dock's power, but not this. I also tried the Nt mini Noir because that can power the Super Nt and Mega Sg and it also can power things like the Astro City Mini, unlike the Switch dock, but that didn't work either. Don't be stupid like me and waste your time plugging it into weird things to see what can and can't power it.

30 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I thought the dock was supposed to be compatible with all 2.4g and Bluetooth 8BitDo controllers (without any adapter)? My M30 is Bluetooth, though, and I won't get the dock until... long.

Is it? I don't remember. I'll try it, but I thought it needed the M30 2.4g Genesis Mini/Mega Drive Mini version with the USB receiver. I'll check again.

Alright, the manual says it's in the next firmware, so I'll try it then.

Great, it seems that a (New) 3DS XL bottom screen screen protector is actually slightly too big to fit on the Pocket, which is good because you can just cut it with some scissors and make it more or less good enough. Probably won't cover the entire bezel, but all I care about is the actual part of the thing that displays stuff, which it will definitely fit on. Time to go order some 3DS LL screen protectors. Well, not now, but later. Got way more important things to do right now, like sleep and celebrate the Vita's 10th birthday (which is today, in case you forgot).

39 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Great, it seems that a (New) 3DS XL bottom screen screen protector is actually slightly too big to fit on the Pocket, which is good because you can just cut it with some scissors and make it more or less good enough. Probably won't cover the entire bezel, but all I care about is the actual part of the thing that displays stuff, which it will definitely fit on. Time to go order some 3DS LL screen protectors. Well, not now, but later. Got way more important things to do right now, like sleep and celebrate the Vita's 10th birthday (which is today, in case you forgot).

Did you get possibly Vita's last games today?

1 hour ago, narshe said:

Me either. Fedex always delivers things at least 2 days later than the delivery date too. It gets on a truck and "out for deliver" then shows up 2 days after that.

Yeah, I am going to be bummed if it doesn't ship tomorrow as I am guessing I am looking at after Christmas at that point for delivery.  I live in the Minnesota in a rural area so the delivery times are always about maximum estimated especially when they use a ground service.  Then I have to hope they feel like actually attempting delivery on the day they are supposed and not blaming a failed delivery on my driveway being blocked or inaccessible.

Edited by Toth

My most recent experience with FedEx --- tracking shows the item was delivered on Nov 28th.   It wasn't.  Over the past couple of weeks, their customer service has been useless since their systems show it was delivered, it must be a fact, right?   Gamestop's customer service has been useless for the same reason.  "shows delivered, so no our problem."    

After 2 escalated tickets, my package that shows delivered on Nov 28th was finally dropped off on 12/13, and it was beat to death.

Fingers crossed for a smooth delivery tomorrow!

• Sad 2

(World's first?) Pocket Zero Mission 15% hard mode complete. D-pad is not great, and it is extremely obvious when trying to wall jump repeatedly up a single wall. Other than that, it works fine. This is WAY easier when you cheat by abusing save states like I did this time. Can you do better? Items used: Morph Ball (required), Bombs (required), Varia Suit (not required, but the game automatically gives it to you if you don't pick it up), Ice Beam (required), Unknown Items (3) (required), Power Grip (required), Missile Tank (1) (required), Super Missile Tank (3), Energy Tank (2), Screw Attack

Pic_1217_863.thumb.jpg.28d249aae2e068da90359762de9383b7.jpg

Pic_1217_864.thumb.jpg.c4457c88a06ee403064ddaac593d09af.jpg

• Like 1

Does GBC's high color mode work? (I think it's 256 color?) I've got the fish files cart, but not the rest. I'm guessing there's no reason it couldn't work. 

I also just got my shipping notification, which is good, because I've totally been in jelly school with all these videos flying around.

I think my first game's going to be Moto Racer Advance--or maybe Kirby's Pinball Land. It says it'll arrive on the 21st, but being xmas season, I'm not counting on that. Mine's probably toward the end of the list since I went almost all-in on accessories. I even got the a/c adapter, since I didn't realize the dock also comes with one.

But, as always with preorders, I'm not as 'enthused' as I was when I bought it, and have moved on to other gaming 'kicks.'  This specific window of time is especially bad, as I've got a Rush 2049SE cab coming and as much as I love Analogue, and handheld gaming--a 650lb Atari Denver is probably going to win the competition for my attention.  I suppose if the pocket arrives first, I could play the awful gbc version of 2049 while I wait ?

Edited by Reaperman
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Reaperman said:

Does GBC's high color mode work? (I think it's 256 color?) I've got the fish files cart, but not the rest. I'm guessing there's no reason it couldn't work. 

I recall seeing footage of the intro cinematic of Cannon Fodder for GBC in one of the recent reviews of the Pocket on YouTube, so I's say the high color mode is fully supported.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1