2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:53 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

Messed up my screen protector, as it seems to have come with dust pre-installed on the sticky part and then it got worse when I tried to fix it. Anyone know where I can get another screen protector without having to wait until 2023 to get a new one from Analogue?

My exact same scenario just now...this is really a great way to start my experience after waiting 2 years or whatever its been now. I guess I should have had the foresight to at least order a second.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 10:47 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

Great, it seems that a (New) 3DS XL bottom screen screen protector is actually slightly too big to fit on the Pocket, which is good because you can just cut it with some scissors and make it more or less good enough. Probably won't cover the entire bezel, but all I care about is the actual part of the thing that displays stuff, which it will definitely fit on. Time to go order some 3DS LL screen protectors. Well, not now, but later. Got way more important things to do right now, like sleep and celebrate the Vita's 10th birthday (which is today, in case you forgot).

Im assuming if you're cutting with scissors that its not a tempered glass protector?

• Like 1

So what even is this magical "gorilla glass" that the pre installed display protector is made of?

I'm guessing some kind of super-hard tempered glass already?

You'll have to cut grandpa here some slack, I don't do the cell phone thing, and that's the only context I know for "gorilla glass."

Do we even need that addon screen protector? I bought one too, but on the videos, that regular glass(?) pre-installed screen protector looks *thick* and unless I'm missing something, adding another much thinner sheet of glass to the top of it isn't going to add much strength or scratch resistance. (?)

My plan for the screen protector was to run the shower to knock dust out of the bathroom and install it there. It's an old GP2x-era trick, and it worked out pretty well for that one. That system didn't have any kind of pre-installed screen protector, just a removable shipping sheet and direct access to the LCD below that. (way to stress out customers, gamepark)

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reaperman said:

So what even is this magical "gorilla glass" that the pre installed display protector is made of?

You'll have to cut grandpa here some slack, I don't do the cell phone thing, and that's the only context I know for "gorilla glass."

Do we even need that addon screen protector? I bought one too, but on the videos, that regular glass(?) pre-installed screen protector looks *thick* and unless I'm missing something, adding another much thinner sheet of glass to the top of it isn't going to add much strength or scratch resistance. (?)

My plan for the screen protector was to run the shower to knock dust out of the bathroom and install it there. It's an old GP2x-era trick, and it worked out pretty well for that one. That system didn't have any kind of pre-installed screen protector, just a removable shipping sheet and direct access to the LCD below that. (way to stress out customers, gamepark)

Its prob fine without it if its gorilla glass. Ive not used screen protectors on my phone since I dont even know when. But it still pisses me off regardless that they cant even stock a stupid screen protector.

On a side note, I never even knew the game boy pocket light was a thing, but I rather like this GBP light mint screen display option. I would also say that Im not too much a fan of mobile gaming and planned on using this thing mostly on my TV way back when I ordered it. But having it in hand now and seeing how well they recreated the feel of the original display, Im def into it. Pretty damn impressive.

Edited by jamon1567
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Reaperman said:

I've cracked phones that use gorilla glass. I'd rather have the protector take the initial blast. There is way less of a chance of the system glass cracking.

• Like 1

There have been reports of the Pocket's sleep thingy killing saves, so probably best to not use it until it's fixed. I've had no problems with Zero Mission so far, but...

On 12/19/2021 at 5:16 AM, jamon1567 said:

Im assuming if you're cutting with scissors that its not a tempered glass protector?

Does it matter if it's glass or not? I don't see much of a difference, so I just buy whatever for Switch and Vita. The ones I have on my Switch and Vita now are glass, but I have used non-glass things in the past.

On 12/19/2021 at 7:59 AM, jamon1567 said:

On a side note, I never even knew the game boy pocket light was a thing, but I rather like this GBP light mint screen display option.

If you didn't live in Japan in the late 90s, or are into Game Boy, it's not likely you would have heard of it. It is probably my favourite screen color. I have been thinking of buying one for a few years now just for the screen, but I didn't really see much of a point in doing so. Now I more or less don't have to. Too bad I left every single GB/GBC/GBA game I own in the USA lol.

• Like 1

I tried finding a Game Boy Light a few yeas ago but they are expensive and most of them were in very poor condition so I never got it.  Finding handhelds used without scratched displays is almost impossible.  I am excited to try out that color.

Edited by Toth
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Does it matter if it's glass or not? I don't see much of a difference, so I just buy whatever for Switch and Vita. The ones I have on my Switch and Vita now are glass, but I have used non-glass things in the past.

Yea cuz the glass ones are supposed to absorb the impact and crack instead of your screen cracking. 

• Like 2

Looks like I get to be surprised, since they apparently didn't feel the need to e-mail me with that information. Checked everything like my spam folder and no update on which group my order slotted into.

If we get a jailbreak, tradition says it will happen shortly. I believe the pattern has been 1 week after release. But given the incomplete nature of the launch software, I suppose it wouldn't be a big shock to see that delayed until the big January update that they've promised happens. I just hope it does happen eventually.

Edit: Thanks, Ricdeau. Looks like I'm Group B like I was hoping. Knew there was no chance of being in the first group, but I was so late that I thought mine might end up being 2023.

Edited by Atariboy

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

New Game Gear incompatibility found: Hurricanes. Avoid this one if you are prone to photosensitive seizures! This gif is a lot less flickery than the real thing.

Did you test an original cart or an EverDrive?  I see the same flicker with Pocket and an EverDrive GG X7, but I also see the same kind of flicker when I run Hurricanes with the EverDrive and an original unmodified Game Gear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Hierophant said:

Did you test an original cart or an EverDrive?  I see the same flicker with Pocket and an EverDrive GG X7, but I also see the same kind of flicker when I run Hurricanes with the EverDrive and an original unmodified Game Gear.

Interesting! This one was on the Everdrive. I have a real cartridge on layaway but won’t have it paid off until the new year :)

The Codemasters games all seem to work from Everdrive except Excellent Dizzy Collection, which has never worked on Everdrive for me.

kevtris, if you still read this thread, any chance of making it so that when you change the volume on the Pocket you get some volume number percentage indication thingy instead of just + and -? Same with adjusting brightness with the volume buttons. I know the brightness percentage is in the options menu, but I think it might be nice to have it on the screen when adjusting it using the volume buttons as well. Thanks.

• Like 2