1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Wow. How is this even open to debate? Video is landscape, period.

When I shoot off my model rockets, vertical video is better. You know, like vertical! And if I put my phone INSIDE the model rocket, the diameter has to be like only 3 inches vs. 8 inches! Huge savings on drag and construction costs.

Who the fuck watches videos in landscape mode?

Um, like fucking everyone. There's a reason why movie theaters and modern displays are wider than they are tall. Most action happens on the ground, so you need to use landscape mode to capture most of the ground, unless you are specifically taking portrait shots.

Literally everyone. Any camera-man would murder you on sight you uncultured swine.

Wow. How is this even open to debate? Video is landscape, period.

I got a $10 wireless charger that goes both ways just for the option to do that.

• Like 2

When I shoot off my model rockets, vertical video is better. You know, like vertical! And if I put my phone INSIDE the model rocket, the diameter has to be like only 3 inches vs. 8 inches! Huge savings on drag and construction costs.

You know what's funner than launching a rocket up? Launching it sideways with the video rotated to fit your TV / computer screen! :rolling:
  • Like 1

With the exception of rocket launching and vertical shooter games landscape is always better because generally you have a lot more important peripheral information (what people are doing to either side of the focus, details about the surroundings, ect) compared to information people are going to care about above and below the focus which is typically just the sky and ground. I hope you can understand how for the vast majority of recordings the focus is not a narrow view of the center and what is above/below them.

sinister-the-ring-what-is-the-scariest-s

Take this image for example. Would you rather see all 4 ghosts or just the center 2 and have no clue what the other 2 are doing or possibly even if they are there yet in exchange for seeing more of the legs and ceiling above/below the center 2?

In almost every single instance peripheral view is going to have more important information. On top of that landscape is an incredibly better aspect ratio, I mean look at that demo vid for the glitch report. Literally 75% of the screen is black.

Edited by Wolf_
  • Like 3

blah blah blah. Shoot the way you see fit. I shoot the majority of vids on my phone in landscape, but I'm not "above" shooting vertically as well when I want to. And why the heck not? Heck just today I shot a vertical vid (slow motion).. my kid practicing hitting baseballs. It made sense to do it vertically to analyze his swing from the side. :P

Edited by NE146

just make a square display. simple as that.

If you notice, the post I was responding to, and for that matter, all of youtube, does not have that option and as a result literally 75% of the screen was black to force it into the proper aspect ratio. If you see nothing wrong with that or think going through a whole bunch of formatting bs to make something work that could just as easily be recorded in landscape is worth it (knowing full well that the average person is just going to upload it as is and force the viewers to deal with most of their screen being black) you are straight up wrong.

blah blah blah. Shoot the way you see fit. I shoot the majority of vids on my phone in landscape, but I'm not "above" shooting vertically as well when I want to. And why the heck not? Heck just today I shot a vertical vid (slow motion).. my kid practicing hitting baseballs. It made sense to do it vertically to analyze his swing from the side. :P

If it makes sense and you have the ability to view it correctly/upload it so others can then feel free. The point is none of those things applied to the person I was talking too.

Edited by Wolf_

I updated the 8bitdo NES receiver to pair the original Nintendo Switch Pro gamepad... Woah! Incredible gamepad, I think is far superior than the 8bitdo NES N30 gamepad.

When I stop playing and I power off the NT MINI the 8bitdo NES receiver always displays a full blue light and the Switch Pro gamepad displays the P1 led as paired all the time. Only goes to "sleep" mode if I disconnect the 8bitdo NES receiver... Are there any mode to switch off the 8bitdo NES receiver? They light brighter than the NT MINI led :grin:

The Jailbroken is easy to install. The smokemonster pack is awesome too. Only I found one issue with the Game Gear game "Castle of Illusion" that the screen looks weird (darkblue colors). Maybe is the rom.

I'm waiting for the new VGA-to-SCART diagram to test the analog TV signal at my CRT :)

The castle of illusion isn't a bug. it's because the game runs in SMS mode. There's a couple GG games that did this- they are just SMS games stuffed onto a GG cart. If you play it in SMS mode it will work fine.

• Like 1

$99 sub = ripoff! :razz:

Haha! I think you might need to reread the fine print. Prime is not $99/month. It's under $10/month. If you do a lot of online shopping, which I do, the free 2day shipping more than pays for itself many times over. Then you basically get the streaming music & video service for free.

I get that it may not appeal to everyone. To each his own. I'm not a Prime salesman, so I don't really care if other people use the service or not. It works well for us and saves us hundreds of dollars per year.

That said, as with anything in life, if you can't afford it then I don't recommend buying it.

Honestly I was just making a joke above about the square display and it not being available for Prime.

If you notice, the post I was responding to, and for that matter, all of youtube, does not have that option and as a result literally 75% of the screen was black to force it into the proper aspect ratio. If you see nothing wrong with that or think going through a whole bunch of formatting bs to make something work that could just as easily be recorded in landscape is worth it (knowing full well that the average person is just going to upload it as is and force the viewers to deal with most of their screen being black) you are straight up wrong.

I was joking, but seriously this landscape stuff is really legacy from 4:3 and cinema displays. I don't disagree with you (I dislike portrait) but if YouTube lacks options to zoom in (many TV do it with a button in the remote) that's also kind of a problem on their side.

I mean, at cropped 4K video we are talking a horizontal resolution of 2016 pixels so it's not much of a loss anymore if we do automatic cropping to get rid of black frames. So let's have the Jane Sixpacks upload their phone videos in portrait and we'll manage.

Edited by Newsdee

The castle of illusion isn't a bug. it's because the game runs in SMS mode. There's a couple GG games that did this- they are just SMS games stuffed onto a GG cart. If you play it in SMS mode it will work fine.

Hey Kevtris! Not sure if that's a bug or maybe a bad dump but I just encountered something odd with your Game King core.

I don't exactly know what the game's called but the rom's in the smokemonster nt pack. It's called adventure.bin and if you try to boot it all it does is show a crossed out card with the text 'Illegal card'

It seems to be the only game doing that so I'm leaning towards it being a bad dump...

Also, I don't know if you've seen my other posts but do you think implementing a real time clock for MBC3 GB/C games would be possible? I doubt the NT mini keeps time but would it at least be possible to have it run while the game runs?

Hey Kevtris! Not sure if that's a bug or maybe a bad dump but I just encountered something odd with your Game King core.

I don't exactly know what the game's called but the rom's in the smokemonster nt pack. It's called adventure.bin and if you try to boot it all it does is show a crossed out card with the text 'Illegal card'

It seems to be the only game doing that so I'm leaning towards it being a bad dump...

Also, I don't know if you've seen my other posts but do you think implementing a real time clock for MBC3 GB/C games would be possible? I doubt the NT mini keeps time but would it at least be possible to have it run while the game runs?

yeah that's a bad dump. It must be missing the text string at the start (I think that's how it knows).

re: MBC3, I thought the RTC code WAS in there actually. It just is reset to all 0's on boot. The code is indeed in there, but I honestly never tested it, so it must not work. One of those things that fell through the cracks. I figured I would test/debug it when I added an RTC chip to an FPGA system... but that never happened either so it never got tested/debugged.

• Like 1

Haven't had a chance to try this yet, but if you're running the FDS ROM off the nt Mini, how do you switch disk sides if required?

Im running FDS with a real FDS adapter, there is no support for FDS with the jailbroken NES core I belive.

Also I tried the Paperboy controller issue and I had no problems at all with all controllers tested. Tested NES004, NES004E, japanese famicom dogbone, 8bitdo. All worked without hickups.

Im running FDS with a real FDS adapter, there is no support for FDS with the jailbroken NES core I belive.

Also I tried the Paperboy controller issue and I had no problems at all with all controllers tested. Tested NES004, NES004E, japanese famicom dogbone, 8bitdo. All worked without hickups.

fds is not yet supported by the nt mini. I believe Kevtris mentioned it was on his to do list but he put that on hold for super nt stuff.

Ahh right! I have one of those, my question originally was to do with loading the FDS file directly on the Mini and it using expansion audio from the RAM Adapater. (I don't even know if that's possible)

fds is not yet supported by the nt mini. I believe Kevtris mentioned it was on his to do list but he put that on hold for super nt stuff.

Yes, I'm seeing that now! Thank you for confirming! :)