1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The castle of illusion isn't a bug. it's because the game runs in SMS mode. There's a couple GG games that did this- they are just SMS games stuffed onto a GG cart. If you play it in SMS mode it will work fine.

Thanks kevtris I forgot this! I prefer play the SMS rom for higher resolution :)

You're the man! kevtris for president :grin:

If you want a cheap way to play a FDS games with the ram adapter’s audio, then An FDS drive emulator like the FDSStick or similar devices is a nice solution. On my AVS I use a Magic Wild Card to go along with my Ram Adapter. I have an Everdrive, but I prefer playing FDS games off the adapter for the real sound chip. And the FDSStick is dirt cheap these days. Under $18 shipped to the US and can hold 512 disk sides.

If you want a cheap way to play a FDS games with the ram adapter’s audio, then An FDS drive emulator like the FDSStick or similar devices is a nice solution. On my AVS I use a Magic Wild Card to go along with my Ram Adapter. I have an Everdrive, but I prefer playing FDS games off the adapter for the real sound chip. And the FDSStick is dirt cheap these days. Under $18 shipped to the US and can hold 512 disk sides.

While Kevtris has given no timeline on when he will get around to a fds I would personally make a bet that it would be sometime in 2018 so if it isn't a super pressing issue and you have a mini or ordered a super nt I would just wait it out.

yeah that's a bad dump. It must be missing the text string at the start (I think that's how it knows).

re: MBC3, I thought the RTC code WAS in there actually. It just is reset to all 0's on boot. The code is indeed in there, but I honestly never tested it, so it must not work. One of those things that fell through the cracks. I figured I would test/debug it when I added an RTC chip to an FPGA system... but that never happened either so it never got tested/debugged.

Alright then. I just retested it and the time does indeed not progress. Do you think this can be fixed in a future update?

Did you finally update the pinout for the direct "Blanking" at the "VGA" pinout side for the SCART TV out?

gallery_52891_6_29853.png

Thanks again! :)

I am gleefully ignorant of SCART since it simply didn't/doesn't exist in the US and I have never seen a TV with it. Be that as it may, I did add 5V through a 180 ohm resistor to pin 9 of the 15 pin connector, however, so you don't need the USB cable for 5V any more.

Alright then. I just retested it and the time does indeed not progress. Do you think this can be fixed in a future update?

Yeah I will fix it when I get a chance.

• Like 2

I am gleefully ignorant of SCART since it simply didn't/doesn't exist in the US and I have never seen a TV with it. Be that as it may, I did add 5V through a 180 ohm resistor to pin 9 of the 15 pin connector, however, so you don't need the USB cable for 5V any more.

Yeah I will fix it when I get a chance.

Can you also fix that PAL composite / S-video problem also ? It work well JBFirmware 1.7 but no 1.8, 1.9 and 2.0

Literally everyone. Any camera-man would murder you on sight you uncultured swine.

Literally literally? I'll stick with what's more handy and convenient. I "literally" never put my phone in landscape. Not sure how to turn my elevation dock that's glued to my desk sideways, but I'm all ears. :)

Seriously though it just depends on framing. Sometimes you get more of what you're aiming at vertically, it's hardly a 100% either/or proposition. But as for viewing, I hate when people periscope in landscape, just for instance. One of my monitors is vertical and one horizontal so a time and place for both.

Edited by Tusecsy

Literally literally? I'll stick with what's more handy and convenient. I "literally" never put my phone in landscape. Not sure how to turn my elevation dock that's glued to my desk sideways, but I'm all ears. :)

Seriously though it just depends on framing. Sometimes you get more of what you're aiming at vertically, it's hardly a 100% either/or proposition. But as for viewing, I hate when people periscope in landscape, just for instance. One of my monitors is vertical and one horizontal so a time and place for both.

The unwritten rule is:

1. Frame your subject appropriately, this is going to be landscape mode for all Video, and portrait mode for still photos where there is a single subject.

2. Post-process video and photos so that it doesn't end up sideways, or upsidedown, or mirrored.

The problem with both digital still cameras and cameraphones is that you habitually want to get the entire subject and might rotate the camera during filming, which doesn't change the orientation flags. Likewise, many people with smaller phones hold the cameraphone with one hand, and thus can't hit the record button if they hold it in landscape mode (which requires two hands then.)

So in a sense, if you are NOT going to do any post-processing, always record in landscape mode. That saves the most amount of time.

A similar problem is frequently encountered when people record video game or older camcorder footage from analog sources, Analog is always 4:3, but the recording mode might not be, as many camcorders had the option to enable aspect ratio correction by cropping or compressing. So the output from those cameras is a widescreen output either compressed into non-square pixels, or is the actual NTSC/PAL output with black bars applied to it, in the same way watching a widescreen DVD on a 4:3 television is. For example, my Canon HV20 is a HD camcorder, but it really stores video in the DV format as 1440x1080 non-square pixels but it's wide-screen, however connect a HDMI cable to it and you get the full 1920x1080 square pixels.

Which goes back to the original argument about framing the video. If you know how the video was intended to be framed, then there is nothing to complain about. But realistically, if you habitually record video in portrait mode, you're losing two thirds of the resolution when it has to be rotated 90 degrees (1080x1920 becomes a 608x1080 image) and played back on a HDTV without any post-processing (eg in recording the rocket launch, you might move the frame as the rocket moves, instead of having the static shot.)

I don't playback cellphone videos on anything other than my cellphone. I agree if you are going to put it on youtube or a tv widescreen is better due to the letterboxing. Saying you should never film in portrait is just wrong though. Baseball swings, rocket fires, already two examples in this thread (amongst many others). It applies the same as pictures, as you mention. I will always film in portrait, just more convenient for my purposes. And if you don't like it, don't watch my videos of my cat playing with a string (also way better in vertical). I really don't care lol.

Edited by Tusecsy

Discovered the Super Mario All Stars (which is also MMC5 like Legend of Link) rom hack also doesn't save/load correctly on the NT Mini.

There is two versions of the rom, smokemonsters pack dont include them both.. nor the latest version.

If you have the latest there is no intro screen and if you press select and up in the selection of games you can pick mario bros.

Also there is a CRT and a EMU version.

Think the CRT is made for real hardware and have some text that it makes it better to fit CRTs.

Download the ips here:

http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=8211

There is two versions of the rom, smokemonsters pack dont include them both.. nor the latest version.

If you have the latest there is no intro screen and if you press select and up in the selection of games you can pick mario bros.

Also there is a CRT and a EMU version.

Think the CRT is made for real hardware and have some text that it makes it better to fit CRTs.

Download the ips here:

http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=8211

Thanks I'll give those a shot and report back.

Very happy with my initial tests last night. Hdmi and Composite video output working well. 1 and 2 player controller ports working well. 8BitDoNES works better than expected. Using an extension cable, I was able to use two player RetroRecievers simultaneously.

I haven't tried any carts. Went right to the jailbreak. Cores are definitely fun to play around with. I need to download and print the ReadMe files for each core so that I can learn the button mapping.

Overall I am thrilled with the initial tests.

Now I need to make a travel case.

Hi everyone. First time posting here in years. I'm interested in the Analogue NT mini, but one issue still bothers me. Has the problem of slightly inaccurate audio on NES games been addressed with new updates? I'm talking specifically about what my life in gaming mentions here in their review at 21:30

Edited by wingzrow

Very happy with my initial tests last night. Hdmi and Composite video output working well. 1 and 2 player controller ports working well. 8BitDoNES works better than expected. Using an extension cable, I was able to use two player RetroRecievers simultaneously.

I haven't tried any carts. Went right to the jailbreak. Cores are definitely fun to play around with. I need to download and print the ReadMe files for each core so that I can learn the button mapping.

Overall I am thrilled with the initial tests.

Now I need to make a travel case.

Did you test also PAL composite output with latest Jailbreak ?

I did not. I will admit I am totally ignorant regarding PAL. Do I need a PAL television to test that?

You'll need a TV/Monitor that can handle the PAL format.

I can't talk about american TVs but at least in Europe most modern flat panel displays are multiformat compatible and even a lot of european CRTs back in the day did support formats beside PAL.