1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I bought a Famicom Network controller awhile back, and was meaning to pull the trigger on an NTT Data Controller on ebay then they all disappeared :(

There are always a couple on Yahoo Auctions, though you're gonna have to use a middle man/service if you're not from japan

Just search for 'スーパーファミコン NTT'

XQKGBSL.png

Edited by infinest
  • Like 1

There are always a couple on Yahoo Auctions, though you're gonna have to use a middle man/service if you're not from japan

Just search for 'スーパーファミコン NTT'

XQKGBSL.png

Cool thanks for the tip! I've found lists of middleman buying sites; have you used any that you can recommend?

Cool thanks for the tip! I've found lists of middleman buying sites; have you used any that you can recommend?

I can wholeheartedly recommend j-subculture.

They've never let me down. http://auction.j-subculture.com/

By the way since I'm finally able to get through Gimmick! without trouble after some exercise, here's a longplay on the Nt mini if anyone's interested.

Edited by infinest
  • Like 3

Great Hierophant has begun his Analogue Nt Mini overview series, you may want to listen closely kevtris as he is really good at listing issues with both hardware and software...

He states a game like Castlevania 3 takes 24 seconds to load on the NT MIni? Guess I could double check but I don't recall that being my experience at all with either the jap or US versions, I actually don't recall any loading whatsoever on any game and they're as if you plugged in a cart and flicked the switch on.

He states a game like Castlevania 3 takes 24 seconds to load on the NT MIni? Guess I could double check but I don't recall that being my experience at all with either the jap or US versions, I actually don't recall any loading whatsoever on any game and they're as if you plugged in a cart and flicked the switch on.

that is including the time it takes to load the core with MMC5.

• Like 1

Got my NT Mini in, thing is so sweet, specially the jailbroken firmware. Thanks so much for all your hard work Kevtris!

I have noticed a couple issues though. For one, it appears that all filters aside for hq2x and scale2x are broken and don't do anything, or at least don't make any discernable difference over hq2x or scale2x. This problem does not exist on my Hi-Def HDMI modded AV Famicom, you can easily see the difference between hq2x and hq3x and so forth. Not the case with the NT Mini, there seems to be no change at all when going from hq2x to hq3x and above, same thing for scale2x & 3x.

2nd issue I've noticed is the system is showing a serial # of 00000001. Have seen others mention this but no ideas why or solutions. Anyone know why that is happening?

Thanks for the help in advance :) Am so glad to hear that Analogue is going to continue to let Kevtris update the JB firmware and cores. I would think it would be smart of them to just make that firmware the official one and officially release cart & controller adapters for it.

Edited by Skins4thewin

Got my NT Mini in, thing is so sweet, specially the jailbroken firmware. Thanks so much for all your hard work Kevtris!

I have noticed a couple issues though. For one, it appears that all filters aside for hq2x and scale2x are broken and don't do anything, or at least don't make any discernable difference over hq2x or scale2x. This problem does not exist on my Hi-Def HDMI modded AV Famicom, you can easily see the difference between hq2x and hq3x and so forth. Not the case with the NT Mini, there seems to be no change at all when going from hq2x to hq3x and above, same thing for scale2x & 3x.

2nd issue I've noticed is the system is showing a serial # of 00000001. Have seen others mention this but no ideas why or solutions. Anyone know why that is happening?

Thanks for the help in advance :) Am so glad to hear that Analogue is going to continue to let Kevtris update the JB firmware and cores. I would think it would be smart of them to just make that firmware the official one and officially release cart & controller adapters for it.

The filter thingy... It works for me, are you using it via HDMI? That feature just works there.

I am using HDMI, via the latest jailbroken v2.0 firmware. Not sure why it's not working right, but it definitely isn't. You can see a big difference between the hq2x and hq3x on the Hi-Def NES kit but can't see any difference at all on my NT Mini...

By the way, what adapters are you guys using for other system controllers on the NT Mini? I saw Kevtris mention using a SNES controller with it and was wondering what adapter he's using. Would like to be able to use Master System/Genesis controllers for the Sega cores.

If I do end up picking up an NTT Data controller for future Super NT use, where are you all getting SNES to NES adapters for use on the NT Mini? Also, is NTT Data controller support already built into the cores that support the Famicom Network controller (Colecovision and Arcadia 2001 i believe)?

If I do end up picking up an NTT Data controller for future Super NT use, where are you all getting SNES to NES adapters for use on the NT Mini? Also, is NTT Data controller support already built into the cores that support the Famicom Network controller (Colecovision and Arcadia 2001 i believe)?

Raphnet sells an adapter. I have no idea if the functions of an SNES controller work when connected through an adapter though since i don't have one. I bought an SNES to Gamecube adapter from them for my gameboy player. I don't have one that goes from SNES to NES but here it is:

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/snes_to_nes_cable/index.php

Edited by Toth

I bought the Raphnet adapter but have not yet tested it.

I bought the Raphnet adapter but have not yet tested it.

Cool, I'll be interested in hearing your results. While we're on the topic of controller adapters, is anybody aware of an adapter thats the reverse of this:

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/snes_to_wiimote/index.php

I just received a SNES classic edition as a gift and I'd eventually like to be able to use the included freshly manufactured OEM SNES controllers on the Super NT.

Edited by cfillak

Cool, I'll be interested in hearing your results. While we're on the topic of controller adapters, is anybody aware of an adapter thats the reverse of this:

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/snes_to_wiimote/index.php

I just received a SNES classic edition as a gift and I'd eventually like to be able to use the included freshly manufactured OEM SNES controllers on the Super NT.

http://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-snes/

I'm aware of this. I know about the 8bitdo controllers and retro receivers for NES and SNES, and will probably purchase them at some point. My question was if there was a way to use the Nintendo manufactured SNES controllers bundled with the SNES Classic mini on an original SNES or the Super NT. I have some old OEM SNES controllers but some of the buttons are pretty worn down.

I'm aware of this. I know about the 8bitdo controllers and retro receivers for NES and SNES, and will probably purchase them at some point. My question was if there was a way to use the Nintendo manufactured SNES controllers bundled with the SNES Classic mini on an original SNES or the Super NT. I have some old OEM SNES controllers but some of the buttons are pretty worn down.

Well you asked for the reverse of snes to wireless which would be wireless to snes.

Well you asked for the reverse of snes to wireless which would be wireless to snes.

Sorry maybe I should have been more clear. The NES Classic mini and SNES classic mini come with controllers whose connectors can plug into Wii Remotes, but 2 of the "ports" on the Wii remote are built into the NES and SNES Classic's console body's as controller ports. These controllers are used as normal wired controllers with the consoles they are sold with. I'm looking for a wired adapter that has a female Wii remote port on one end and a male SNES connector on the other end.

Edited by cfillak

Raphnet sells an adapter. I have no idea if the functions of an SNES controller work when connected through an adapter though since i don't have one. I bought an SNES to Gamecube adapter from them for my gameboy player. I don't have one that goes from SNES to NES but here it is:

SNES-to-NES requires only a physical adapter, as they use the same protocol. Just more bits in the shift register on the SNES, and the NES will just ignore them. I built my own by soldering a NES extension cable to a SNES extension cable. The mapping that Nintendo chose (which buttons are which bits in the first 8-bits of the shift register) works well. D-pad and start/select map the same, SNES B -> NES A, SNES Y -> NES B. Ultimately this means that you can run and jump in NES Mario games exactly like you do in Super Mario World, holding down Y to run while jumping with B.

I use a Raphnet SNES-to-GameCube adapter and it works great. I haven't used his SNES-to-NES adapter, but since it's a passive adapter, there's not much to mess up.

• Like 1

NES and SNES controllers are wired and transmit data the same way. You can buy a premade adapter or splice your own from Retrobit extension cables. Plug an SNES controller into an NES nd visa versa gives you SNES Y = NES B / SNES B = NES A.

SNES A, Y, L, and R have no function in the vast majority of NES games which only send out 8 clocks, but can be read by homebrew. The extra four buttons cannot be accessible using an NES controller on an SNES, and the key bits (which tell the SNES console that a standard controller is plugged in) will be wrong, which can cause errors beyond not accessing critical functions, as certain games will throw a "no controller" error message.

Super Mario All Stars can mostly be played on SNES with a standard NES controller, but you can cannot use "X" to delete save files. There may be a handful of other SNES games with limited support for NES controllers but I don't know of any others right off hand.

I bought a Famicom Network controller awhile back, and was meaning to pull the trigger on an NTT Data Controller on ebay then they all disappeared :(

Set up an ebay search notification. I had notification last week, ordered it as soon as the email turned up, then it arrived in less than a week direct from Japan. Really pleased, is in mint condition.

The Raphnet adapters sold on ebay have a better heat shrink tubing done to the cable join than the photo on the website, which looks sloppy.

Or if you want to DIY, buy a cheapo USB-to-SNES adapter, and gut the USB cable and solder in a NES controller male. I even rigged the LED to work too. https://imgur.com/a/OTar1UerNpxd.jpg

Edited by _omega_
  • Like 2