1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I've explained my reasoning and I'm not going to bother repeating myself.

You never explained your reasoning except to say that is was unofficial but that obviously doesn't change the hardware the product comes with, require a change to the product line, or give any indication about company philosophy.

This Forum thread is very important to me. Seeing entire pages of people discussing things they know nothing about kinda dillutes it, and makes it much harder to go through the actual information. I mean, none of you guys actually know what Analogue is going to do or not.

It's not my thread, and I have no power to tell anyone what they should do or not. I just think it would be more elegant to respect the fact this topic is an important outlet for information, and try to keep it clean.

Maybe make a new topic to freely discuss crazy speculations?

• Like 7

You never explained your reasoning except to say that is was unofficial but that obviously doesn't change the hardware the product comes with, require a change to the product line, or give any indication about company philosophy.

I guess I see Analogue as being very similar to Apple in many ways in that they both strive to make beautiful, elegant, and focused products. I see that philosophy in all of their past products as well as their careful marketing.

Though Apple does differ in that they:

1. Actively try to prevent you from using their product in ways not designed

2. Have a planned obsolescence to get you to upgrade. Analogue by comparison wants their products to last a lifetime (source: https://tedium.co/2017/11/30/analogue-super-nt-premium-retro-gaming/ )

Adapters are not beautiful, focused, or elegant IMO. They are purely functional.

edit: fixed link

Edited by cacophony

I guess I see Analogue as being very similar to Apple in many ways in that they both strive to make beautiful, elegant, and focused products. I see that philosophy in all of their past products as well as their careful marketing.

Though Apple does differ in that they:

1. Actively try to prevent you from using their product in ways not designed

2. Have a planned obsolescence to get you to upgrade. Analogue by comparison wants their products to last a lifetime (source: https://tedium.co/2017/11/30/analogue-super-nt-premium-retro-gaming/)

Adapters are not beautiful, focused, or elegant IMO. They are purely functional.

Analogue already said they might be making their own dac so that rules out a no adapter policy, which Apple uses in spades btw, releasing laptops with a single port on them so you have to by a dongle, and phones without headphone jacks so you need to buy $40 adapters. And you've already listed multiple other ways they differ from Apple. I'm not sure why you bothered to make that comparison at all.

But I do agree that with Leods that we should try to keep this thread as free of back and forth speculation as possible. Sadly Analogue doesn't feel like giving us any answers and it isn't like we are going to get any from each other. I'll save my "I told you so" until then.

Analogue already said they might be making their own dac so that rules out a no adapter policy, which Apple uses in spades btw, releasing laptops with a single port on them so you have to by a dongle, and phones without headphone jacks so you need to buy $40 adapters. And you've already listed multiple other ways they differ from Apple. I'm not sure why you bothered to make that comparison at all.

But I do agree that with Leods that we should try to keep this thread as free of back and forth speculation as possible. Sadly Analogue doesn't feel like giving us any answers and it isn't like we are going to get any from each other. I'll save my "I told you so" until then.

Apple releases adapters out of necessity, not because they want to. And if Analogue releases a DAC it will probably be for similar reasons. The Apple comparison was for the overall company philosophy, but that was already clearly stated.

I would love for Analogue to officially release adapters, but I think it's unlikely. But given that you haven't presented any kind of logical argument to support them doing so, if you end up being right it will purely be based on luck ;)

Ok, I'm fine stopping the back and forth, but are you?

Apple releases adapters out of necessity, not because they want to. And if Analogue releases a DAC it will probably be for similar reasons. The Apple comparison was for the overall company philosophy, but that was already clearly stated.

I would love for Analogue to officially release adapters, but I think it's unlikely. But given that you haven't presented any kind of logical argument to support them doing so, if you end up being right it will purely be based on luck icon_wink.gif

Ok, I'm fine stopping the back and forth, but are you?

I said I was fine stopping the back and forth but then you responded with more nonsense.

Analogue wanting users to be able to do whatever they want with their products is the exact and polar opposite of the Apple philosophy. To break it down for you even further think of it like religion, Jesus gooddd, devil baddd. Analogue = excellent company mentality, Apple = literally the worst. Apple's "necessity" is them prioritizing form over function. Analogue would be releasing a dac because the crt market is a niche group of gamers and the large number of people looking for hdmi will save costs that way and those that want a dac would need to pay for that part anyways.

For the third time I never said Analogue would release the adapters, just that if you want to use the proper controllers with the nt mini you would still need adapters just like you would need with the super nt so they are on the same footing in that aspect. Me being right has nothing to do with luck because Kevtris already has prototypes for them, he simply held them off because of the super nt. You being wrong also has nothing to do with luck because releasing them won't require a hardware change/new product line or violating any company philosophy. I'm right and you're wrong because of cold simple facts.

Let me know when you're done.

I think is better that they Dont release any jailbrake for Super nt and is better that they Dont release any new jb updates for nt mini and stupid adapters

Agree 100% a jailbrake would be a ridiculous idea. What would you even drive in jail that would require a brake?!?

• Like 1

I said I was fine stopping the back and forth but then you responded with more nonsense.

Analogue wanting users to be able to do whatever they want with their products is the exact and polar opposite of the Apple philosophy. To break it down for you even further think of it like religion, Jesus gooddd, devil baddd. Analogue = excellent company mentality, Apple = literally the worst. Apple's "necessity" is them prioritizing form over function. Analogue would be releasing a dac because the crt market is a niche group of gamers and the large number of people looking for hdmi will save costs that way and those that want a dac would need to pay for that part anyways.

For the third time I never said Analogue would release the adapters, just that if you want to use the proper controllers with the nt mini you would still need adapters just like you would need with the super nt so they are on the same footing in that aspect. Me being right has nothing to do with luck because Kevtris already has prototypes for them, he simply held them off because of the super nt. You being wrong also has nothing to do with luck because releasing them won't require a hardware change/new product line or violating any company philosophy. I'm right and you're wrong because of cold simple facts.

Let me know when you're done.

Agree 100% a jailbrake would be a ridiculous idea. What would you even drive in jail that would require a brake?!?

So in other words you're fine stopping the back and forth as long as you get the last word.

"I'm right and you're wrong because of cold simple facts" pretty much sums up the lack of substance with any argument you're trying to present.

So in other words you're fine stopping the back and forth as long as you get the last word.

"I'm right and you're wrong because of cold simple facts" pretty much sums up the lack of substance with any argument you're trying to present.

You mean like your claim adapters would require Analogue to change their product line despite the fact that they plug into existing hardware? Or how it "completely goes against their company philosophy" to have adapters for cores that they have said they want people to be able to use? Or how they wouldn't release an adapter like how Apple doesn't release them, except Apple requires them for basic functions of their devices and Analogue has already said on twitter they are considering making their own dac?

I'm positive one of us has a complete lack of substance to everything they say, the thing is, it's you.

You mean like your claim adapters would require Analogue to change their product line despite the fact that they plug into existing hardware? Or how it "completely goes against their company philosophy" to have adapters for cores that they have said they want people to be able to use? Or how they wouldn't release an adapter like how Apple doesn't release them, except Apple requires them for basic functions of their devices and Analogue has already said on twitter they are considering making their own dac?

I'm positive one of us has a complete lack of substance to everything they say, the thing is, it's you.

Congratulations, you've somehow managed to summarize everything I've presented in a completely inaccurate fashion. There really is no point in attempting to continue this thread of discussion.

Edited by cacophony

Congratulations, you've somehow managed to summarize everything I've presented in a completely inaccurate fashion. There really is no point in attempting to continue this thread of discussion.

Everything you said was simply inaccurate. There is nothing personal about me pointing it out because I don't have the energy to care about every single person that is wrong on the internet. Sometimes I attempt to educate them but it is abundantly clear that is going nowhere as you just say a few random things and never bother to back them up when refuted and insist you are correct, and now that I have something personal against you. Very poor attempt at a smokescreen to cover up for you having no clue what you're talking about.

Everything you said was simply inaccurate. There is nothing personal about me pointing it out because I don't have the energy to care about every single person that is wrong on the internet. Sometimes I attempt to educate them but it is abundantly clear that is going nowhere as you just say a few random things and never bother to back them up when refuted and insist you are correct, and now that I have something personal against you. Very poor attempt at a smokescreen to cover up for you having no clue what you're talking about.

No, it's just that your reading comprehension seems to be somewhat lacking, which I guess is consistent with your ungrammatical and nonsensical posts. But thanks for the attempt to "educate" me, lol.

No, it's just that your reading comprehension seems to be somewhat lacking, which I guess is consistent with your ungrammatical and nonsensical posts. But thanks for the attempt to "educate" me, lol.

You claim my posts are nonsensical and yet you've never once defended the random nonsense you spew when it is refuted.... I could make a killing educating you if I charged by the hour.

You claim my posts are nonsensical and yet you've never once defended the random nonsense you spew when it is refuted.... I could make a killing educating you if I charged by the hour.

You're confidence is inspiring, though totally unwarranted. Most other people reading this thread will likely understand the points I was making so continuing to defend them to you is rather pointless.

You're confidence is inspiring, though totally unwarranted. Most other people reading this thread will likely understand the points I was making so continuing to defend them to you is rather pointless.

You're confidence is inspiring, but that's not how debates work. If you make a point it helps if it makes sense/has any meaning to it at all. And if it gets refuted then you need to back that point up. You've done none of that because you simply don't have the ability to have what you said make any sense at all in a way that supports your claims. You lose, game over.

You're confidence is inspiring, but that's not how debates work. If you make a point it helps if it makes sense/has any meaning to it at all. And if it gets refuted then you need to back that point up. You've done none of that because you simply don't have the ability to have what you said make any sense at all in a way that supports your claims. You lose, game over.

Oh tell me more wise one. Wolf_, the master debater who has gotten into countless arguments in this very thread and has yet to "win" a single one.

Boy I can't wait until the Super NT comes out so we can all talk about something we can actually hold in our hands for real.

But anyway, while we're in speculation mode, I guess I'll add fuel to the fire: Let's talk about the CD-i.

The CD-i mostly sucks and is (in)famous for those horrible Zelda and Mario games. For some reason I always assumed CD-i was a 5th gen console, but I must have been thinking of the 3DO. The CD-i is a 4th gen console, and uses a Motorola 68K based processor: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philips_68070. With the Genesis also being 68K based, will any of the work done for this core be reusable for a hypothetical CD-i core? I know we haven't seen any CD based cores yet. The CD-i was a big failure so any work on this would probably be a very low priority. There's no way it could carry its own FPGA console.

I know the big, popular consoles like NES, SNES, Genesis etc. are a higher priority for obvious reasons. But I really really appreciate all the cores that came to the NT Mini of the "shitty" consoles like Gamate, Adventure Vision, GameKing etc. I think the CD-i deserves to be preserved for at least the history lesson of how Nintendo fucked up their deal with Sony and flipped to Philips, resulting in the horrible use of their IP.

If I just wanted to enjoy Super Nintendo games on my Sony Trinitron, that's what my original system is for (Combined with HD Retrovision component cables).

The Super NT is going to be for enjoying them on my HDTV with a high quality picture and minimum input lag. Logically, I should just be putting the money into a XRGB Mini, but as a big SNES fan, I just can't resist the opportunity to buy the ultimate Super Nintendo system.

• Like 3

I think is better that they Dont release any jailbrake for Super nt and is better that they Dont release any new jb updates for nt mini and stupid adapters

I lol'd at this remark.

In all seriousness, why would anyone not want a jailbreak for the Super NT?

If would not be unwise for Analogue to discontinue the NT mini in leiu of more affordable options like AVS and super NT. Releasing jailbreak on the Super will vastly uptick the sales, and Analogue could still recycle the Super NT hardware as more capable NT Mini (minus the aluminum chasis and analog output) at a cheaper price point, as well as Mega NT (Genesis/SMS) and hopefully later Atari/PCe/et al.

This Forum thread is very important to me. Seeing entire pages of people discussing things they know nothing about kinda dillutes it, and makes it much harder to go through the actual information. I mean, none of you guys actually know what Analogue is going to do or not.

It's not my thread, and I have no power to tell anyone what they should do or not. I just think it would be more elegant to respect the fact this topic is an important outlet for information, and try to keep it clean.

Maybe make a new topic to freely discuss crazy speculations?

This thread hasn't had much about the main topic(Zimba 3000) for hundreds of pages and has evolved into basically the anything related to Kevtris topic. So, if it has something to do with Kevtris then it is just as much as on topic as all this other non-Zimba 3000 stuff.

• Like 1

I don't understand the appeal of not having analog video options. If I have to use a flat panel (and thereby ruin any game requiring precision controls), then why not just put SNES9x on my laptop and plug it into a HDTV?

There already is a device with analog video, it's called a SNES. :lol: What makes absolutely no sense is spending $200 on a new device, when you're going to use it in the exact same manner a $60 already existing device can accomplish just fine.

Flat panel latency is down to a frame or less now. Combine that with a no lag FPGA and you're precision games will be just fine. If you're telling me you can tell the difference between a CRT and a newer 4K with 14ms of lag in game mode or a gaming monitor with 9ms I'm gonna call shenanigans.

• Like 1