2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ehhhrrr ... NO!

To cut it short we'll agree to disagree and move on.

It's like saying that to love old B&W movies one has to get them on the original reel format like super 8 etc....please spare me, that's pure collecting and has little to do with the retro experience per se.

There's a place for that no question about it, and if you like that side of it all the power to you, but it has little to do with the "experience".

When I hear people describe their preference for vinyl it isn't just about the sound of the music but the ritual of the process like looking at the artwork, holding the record properly when removing it from the sleeve and putting it on the turntable, cleaning the record, watching it spin, fine tuning their equipment, getting the satisfaction that it feels earned when it sounds just right, etc. They could listen to the same music as MP3's but they consider all this stuff crucial to that retro experience. RabidWookie could play the same games as ROM's but his rituals with carts could be crucial to his retro experience.

• Like 1

Seriously. Even offtopic discussion is not nearly as bad as back and forth arguments about nothing. A tip: if yomeone posts something you disagree with, post your point of view. If they say you're wrong, because "what they originally said", then just leave it at that. Period. You have stated your point of view. that's what the forum is for. Arguing back and forth the same arguments won't change that. Or making a sarcastic comment about how the other person is obviously stupid for not agreeing with you, won't make anything better.

On that note, Analogue Super NT is sold out, and Analogue's tweet was: "Super Nt is currently sold out. We're doing our best to keep up with demand and produce more. Stay tuned."

I just thought about something. I never heard a word on this, but isn't it possible to make the video output of the NT Mini/Super NT 1200p (standart 16:10 format)? This way you could do the whole 5:6 pixel scaling without needing to oversca, (or at least not as much, I didn't even calculate this.)

I never heard a word about this possibility, but I might buy a good 16:10 monitor just for this option if it becomes available.

Ehhhrrr ... NO!

To cut it short we'll agree to disagree and move on.

It's like saying that to love old B&W movies one has to get them on the original reel format like super 8 etc....please spare me, that's pure collecting and has little to do with the retro experience per se.

There's a place for that no question about it, and if you like that side of it all the power to you, but it has little to do with the "experience".

What are you even talking about? Of course collecting, handling, playing on (and saving on) the carts are part of the retro experience. It is no different from people who collect vinyl records or cassette tapes, or people who collect trading/playing cards for a card game. You collect... you make use of the media you've collected... you have a good time. Even the process of looking at your collection, finding a game amongst the set to play, grabbing it and going is part of the experience. Not to mention they make for great conversational pieces when it comes to collecting more of the expensive titles.

Not everyone is a collector who simply hoard mountains of games -- people actually play them. Though it sounds like you grew up on digital media, so it's understandable that you wouldn't realize this.

Edited by Sho
  • Like 2

Why do so many people here believe, that the only alternative to Kevtris releasing every finished and possible future core for free, would be something so unlikey as for Analogue to create a fully fledged system with a different case but identical hardware for each of those? Possibly because having everything for free would be in their favour?L

I don't think anyone really finds it hard to believe. You are wrong about about the amount of people sharing that point of view. I've read every post in this thread and I have never seen so many "good business model" Stans in all my life.

Look, I appreciate Analogue and Kevtris but I'm not jumping on the "good business model" bandwagon that is ever so prevalent in this thread BECAUSE I rather have it all on one system like a Zimba 3000. I haven't purchased a Super Nt because I want to see if there is jailbreak support. My consumer interest comes first over business model. Don't kid yourself - there are tons of people tooting the "good business model" whistle; frankly there should be more people saying I want a Sega Genesis jailbreak because who wouldn't love to have that on their Super Nt? I'm actually starting to get sick reading all the "it would be a good business model" posts because there is so many.

No one knows for sure what they'll do except Analogue themselves. As much as I like free shit, I also want a successful company so they have funds to spend on R&D that will help develop future products. Sorry you're sick of hearing about "good business model" posts, but Analogue is not a charity - they are a BUSINESS.

That Super NES purple looks very good. I'd love to see photos with original controllers :)

Edited by Hexadron
  • Like 1

Kevtris I am really excited for the opportunity to see your 80gigs of behind the curtain video! Unedited or edited I don't care. Just interested in the process. Cant encourage you enough to share it whenever you have the time. Thank you for your skill set and interacting with us in the thread as well. It's a priveledge.

• Like 1

I might have to grab this one, even though I already bought the stealthy black version.

I bought the purple and a black one. After seeing this I am happy with how it looks. I wish the case could have looked more like an NA Super Nintendo but I understand it would have been expensive to have two different molds made. I still think this system looks awesome and does look similar to the model 101 Super NES at least.

Edited by Toth
  • Like 1

I just thought about something. I never heard a word on this, but isn't it possible to make the video output of the NT Mini/Super NT 1200p (standart 16:10 format)? This way you could do the whole 5:6 pixel scaling without needing to oversca, (or at least not as much, I didn't even calculate this.)

I never heard a word about this possibility, but I might buy a good 16:10 monitor just for this option if it becomes available.

They still make 16:10 monitors?

• Like 1

I wish they would've posted pics of the actual shells for previews instead of the mockups. At the end of the day the one I thought looked the worst in the mockups actually looks the best (north american model). Oh well maybe just sell my clear and get one of those when they restock depending on how the cores go, we'll see.

Agreed. Clear doesn't look nearly as nice and the led looks like it will light up the room on the clear variant. I wanted to see the sexy internals not struggle to look though a milk jug.

Kevtris can the led be turned off?

I wish they would've posted pics of the actual shells for previews instead of the mockups. At the end of the day the one I thought looked the worst in the mockups actually looks the best (north american model). Oh well maybe just sell my clear and get one of those when they restock depending on how the cores go, we'll see.

Agreed. Clear doesn't look nearly as nice and the led looks like it will light up the room on the clear variant. I wanted to see the sexy internals not struggle to look though a milk jug.

Kevtris can the led be turned off?

I'm willing to bet it can be turned off.

These photos and my daydreaming (completely fabricated in my own mind) about jailbroken firmware has given me such a raging boner I can't hardly stand it.

I'm still holding off on ordering an SD2SNES to see what the jailbreak offers if/when it happens. Even if it's just regular no-enhancement chip ROMs that'll be amazing.

• Like 2