1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Yes, but shipping cost is 80 US dollars to ship in Finland.

You can build your own cable (or ask someone to do it for you) using the correct specification:

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/115000923948-Using-Analog-Video-output-with-the-Nt-mini

Don´t forget:

. Connecting pins 4 and 5 together will put the system into composite/s-video mode.

Doing that you will see that composite image from Nt mini is the same as original nes.

What model is the included controller with the Super Nt?

I'm confused because I purchased SN30 controllers from Amazon a while ago. Are these the same that are included?

The Super Nt does not come with a controller, you purchase it separately. The current pads have a slightly different design, but as still called SN30s : https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Wireless-Controller-Classic-super-nintendo/dp/B074HBNNH6/ref=lp_9176188011_1_1 8bitdo changed the design to look less like Nintendo's official controllers once Nintendo released the SNES Classic Edition and obtained a design patent on the controller.

You can build your own cable (or ask someone to do it for you) using the correct specification:

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/115000923948-Using-Analog-Video-output-with-the-Nt-mini

Don´t forget:

. Connecting pins 4 and 5 together will put the system into composite/s-video mode.

Doing that you will see that composite image from Nt mini is the same as original nes.

Yes I already made my own cables, problem is that my two NT Minis composite signal is very bad when i plugged it to the Framemeister and PAL signal is does not working at all latest Jailbreak Firmware. Peoples send me stupid comments why you dont connect your NT Mini with HDMI or RGB cable. Fucking idiots.

The Super Nt does not come with a controller, you purchase it separately. The current pads have a slightly different design, but as still called SN30s : https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Wireless-Controller-Classic-super-nintendo/dp/B074HBNNH6/ref=lp_9176188011_1_1 8bitdo changed the design to look less like Nintendo's official controllers once Nintendo released the SNES Classic Edition and obtained a design patent on the controller.

Interesting... thanks for the information. Are there any differences besides the color and design?

The new model says "2.4G" instead of Bluetooth but Bluetooth is 2.4 GHz so I'm a little confused by that as well.

Is there any reason to replace my existing (older) SN30 controllers + SNES receivers? Also, it would have been neat if the Super Nt included built-in 8bitdo receivers so the console looked a little bit more clean :)

Edited by sofakng

Interesting... thanks for the information. Are there any differences besides the color and design?

The new model says "2.4G" instead of Bluetooth but Bluetooth is 2.4 GHz so I'm a little confused by that as well.

Is there any reason to replace my existing (older) SN30 controllers + SNES receivers? Also, it would have been neat if the Super Nt included built-in 8bitdo receivers so the console looked a little bit more clean :)

There is no reason to replace your SN30 with SNES receivers.

Considering the Super NT branded controllers are being sold with the Adapters, it seems pretty clear the console itseld doesn't have that functionality built in. Yeah, I guess that would be cool, but this is a good solution too.

Kevin was absolutely right. Look at the MYST FPGA project. How much interest has that got? How many people are buying that, and donating for it's development?

I'm doing my part :) but seriously there are a few hundred units out there if you count clones amd the MiSTer. It's a different animal though, as one of the main devs put it, without some packaging work its "doomed to be buried in dev desk of tinker guy where he clean his table from garbage to show how it works" (I love the way he put it because that kinda sounds like me...) Edited by Newsdee

I have to take back what I said earlier about the revisions on the controllers now that I've received mine. The controller I have is currently on version 4.10 and not 4.02. The receiver however is version 1.3 as expected.

Not sure why v4.10 isn't reflected on 8Bitdo's website.

---

The controller feels good as the others, but the D-Pad is slightly stiff. Should break in after a few rounds of use. What is interesting to note is that you need a torx T6 bit to unscrew the screws now instead of a basic phillips screw driver.

Probably a dumb question but how can you tell what firmware version they currently have on them? I thought you could only flash a new file, not see what was already on there.

You're getting confused with two different products.

There is a 2.4 GHz version which is designed to work exclusively with the SNES Mini (made by Nintendo). It comes with a special version of the receiver that only works with the 2.4 GHz controllers. Likewise you can't use these controllers with any normal Bluetooth 8Bitdo adapters. That is this one here: https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Wireless-Controller-Classic-super-nintendo/dp/B074HBQ78V/

Now there is a version of this controller which looks the same, but now also available in black and transparent that was released on Feb 1st 2018. These work like every other 8bitdo controller and are Bluetooth, which means they work with the current Bluetooth 8Bitdo adapters but do not work with the 2.4 GHz SNES Mini adapter. That is this one here: https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-SN30-Retro-Set-Black-nintendo/dp/B075WS3B6H/

Hope that clears it up. (Maybe?)

Edited by SubElement
  • Like 1

Clearly the colors of the controllers and consoles match perfectly. One question I have is; are the colors of the older controllers also spot on to those of the consoles? It's not that important, but would be nice if they actually were. Wether the colors perfectly match the original controllers is much less important, since old controllers mostly don't retain the original colors anyway. Also, I'm not sure wether they all have the same tones. I know SNES and SFC do have different tones to the greys.

Can you plug the controllers to the retro receiver and sem them as if they were wired at all?

Probably a dumb question but how can you tell what firmware version they currently have on them? I thought you could only flash a new file, not see what was already on there.

Very easily actually. You simply need to hook up your controller to your PC, and run their software updater, then click on "USB Update":

bdca0abd3e2c53602c74f8ee89d69cec.png

Could you go into more detail on this? Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that there are two different versions of both the controller and the receiver and all 4 of the Super Nt themed ones are on a new bluetooth standard that has less latency and the receiver is also compatible with older bluetooth devices like the ds4 and switch pro controller?

So ideally you would want to get the newer controller for faster response times and the receiver as well for compatibility with everything? Afaik firmware shouldn't matter because it is updateable or at least the nes controllers and receivers could be updated.

Not much to go on actually. There are two "versions" of the controller:

6fad0b2704fbfa694282f80d293f3fde_1280.JP

The two on the sides, SN30 and SF30 (or SFC30) that dropped a few years ago & the 4 models that is being released with the Super NT. Including the NES30/FC30, they all share the same firmware. I'm not sure if the newer controllers use a new Bluetooth standard, but same firmware for sure. In fact, the receivers are exactly the same as what has been released prior -- they are more than likely are all of the same batch/production line and being bundled in with the new controllers with its own updated firmware.

I'm willing to bet that 8Bitdo will eventually update the support site with v4.10 for older controllers, but as far as I've been playing with all three I don't notice any differences in terms of connection and reliability.

Edited by Sho
  • Like 1

Man I am just not paying attention.. I totally also didn't realize that the Super NT doesn't come with the 8bitdo controllers.. wtf. :lol:

No biggy as most of us probably have a small collection of SNES pads, but did I read it right that SuperNT purchasers would get some kind of discount in some way? Is there any info on that (that I probably missed again)?

• Like 1

First review must have broken the embargo. Read it or cache it before it's removed!

http://uk.pcmag.com/review/93169/analogue-super-nt

The first paragraph titled "design" only talks about the dimension and weight of the product... I can understand dimensions being worth mentioning but what moron thinks the difference between 6 and 18 ounces in terms of console weight is important? This is that damn post Iphone world where everything is better if its thin and light enough to bend in your pocket, forget about headphone jacks that would add 0.01% thickness to the device and you can just buy a $40 adapter anyways.

Also they at least mention that it doesn't use emulation but they don't really explain why that makes it so good. Overall that was not a very enlightening review imo.

• Like 1

First review must have broken the embargo. Read it or cache it before it's removed!

http://uk.pcmag.com/review/93169/analogue-super-nt

He starts the review with: "While it's pricey for a retro game system, the Analogue Super Nt is possibly the best non-emulator way to play your Super Nintendo and Super Famicom cartridges on a modern TV."

"Its $200 price tag is high even compared with other enthusiast-level retro game systems like the Japanese Retro Freak"

This review wasn't really very positive at all. But then this site isn't really that much gaming oriented, and the guy who wrote the review doesn't seem to retro game much at all.

Edit: Oh yeah. As Sho said: amazingly the guy's review was so generic there was no new information in it al all. But most reviews nowadays are this. It's basically a guy reading the feature list of the product.

edit 2

This guy also published a review of the Super Retro Trio today. Score for the Super NT: 4/5 Excelent. Score for the Super retro turd; 4/5 Excelent. LOL

Edited by leods
  • Like 1

He didn't list any negatives did he? Why was it a 4/5? Price maybe but honestly Super NES systems in like-new condition are not really all that cheap (Around $100 after shipping it looks like) and they can't output HDMI.

Edited by Toth

No I have test it three new Framemeister and two new NT mini console.

I get that it sucks to pay a bunch of money for shipping for that composite adapter from Monoprice, but if you really have 3 Framemeisters and 2 NT Minis, you probably should just bite the bullet and order the adapter.

• Like 2

I get that it sucks to pay a bunch of money for shipping for that composite adapter from Monoprice, but if you really have 3 Framemeisters and 2 NT Minis, you probably should just bite the bullet and order the adapter.

So he can plug the NT mini through composite to one of those framemeisters? This is surreal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1