1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm not sure how minority you really are. I for one will likely buy anything and everything that they build from here on out especially if Kevtris is involved in any way. As long as their focus remains in the direction it has been going to accurately recreate with FPGA technology near perfect hardware emulation of retro systems. Even if I already have a solution to play such games I'd buy it.

I've been meaning to buy an AVS too but I have an NT Mini and Hi-Def NES systems already and am running out of room :)..

I think you kind of need to be into this sort of thing fairly deeply to even know about the existence of Super NT and NT Mini consoles. We will likely never see them on store shelves or even on AMAZON after all.

I'd love a Kevtris developed PS1. Especially if it was region free, had HD rendering, and included the ability to play iso's off a SD card. :)

It's too bad Kev was so generous this last time giving away his years-long work for free, that it triggers a number of demanding consumers who now expect it. :lol:

I haven't really seen that. People are hopeful and some like myself expect something will happen (At the very least, I'd bet on non-enhancement chip SNES rom support), but I certainly at least don't think I'm owed it.

I paid for a FPGA high-definition Super Nintendo and beyond warranty support and bug fixes to address potential issues related to its primary function, I feel like the product I paid for has been delivered (Once it actually is, that is). Anything else that may happen to expand the feature-set of this system is just going to be a very nice extra if something happens.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

795gb for every US game, an additional 124gb if you want the Pal exclusives that never got an American release, and an additional 316gb if you want the Japanese exclusives that were never released in US or Pal regions. So 1.2tb not counting hacks, translations, and homebrew.

That being said, I would affirm what mrnarse said and snag a 1TB external USB drive. Otherwise, finding a 1TB SD card would be a pain and cost a lot more than a 1TB external drive.

I'm sure it can be returned. Even if the company makes a policy of not accepting returns then you can still just go directly to your bank and contest the charges. Rest assured one way or another if that was their strategy people would be furious and they would get their money back. It would be completely not worth the damage it would do to Analogue's reputation for that to be their business strategy.

Filling an affidavit at your bank is for charges you actually did not approve. If a company says "no returns" and you complete your purchase anyway, you're agreeing to those terms. If you file a charge-back afterwards, claiming you did not approve the charge, you can get in trouble for fraud.

It's too bad Kev was so generous this last time giving away his years-long work for free, that it triggers a number of demanding consumers who now expect it. :lol:

No matter what, you're always going to get the entitled people. I bought the NT mini because I owned a lot of original carts. I do not own many SNES carts, so I'm waiting for jailbreak before buying. I'm not going to lie. I may get put on backorder, but I'm not in any kind of hurry to get one.

I think it would be cool to see his cores sold as cartridges. You put in the cart and it installs the core to your Super NT along with the Jailbreak if you don't already have it. Say $29 per core on a cart and you buy to own it like any other new cartridge. Even better, what if that core was a cartridge and a cart adapter for that specific core? I'd pay more than $29 for that. Maybe up to $49 but that is just me maybe?

I'm not sure how minority you really are. I for one will likely buy anything and everything that they build from here on out especially if Kevtris is involved in any way. As long as their focus remains in the direction it has been going to accurately recreate with FPGA technology near perfect hardware emulation of retro systems. Even if I already have a solution to play such games I'd buy it.

I've been meaning to buy an AVS too but I have an NT Mini and Hi-Def NES systems already and am running out of room icon_smile.gif..

I think you kind of need to be into this sort of thing fairly deeply to even know about the existence of Super NT and NT Mini consoles. We will likely never see them on store shelves or even on AMAZON after all.

LinusTechTips is doing a video about it. Their less popular vids usually get around 300k-400k views and their more popular vids can break 2 million. At its current price point if it has a jailbreak it will sell extremely well.

Filling an affidavit at your bank is for charges you actually did not approve. If a company says "no returns" and you complete your purchase anyway, you're agreeing to those terms. If you file a charge-back afterwards, claiming you did not approve the charge, you can get in trouble for fraud.

I'd be returning it because it doesn't perform as expected. It said it would work with every game but I've noticed that it doesn't with certain games (roms). If they want to debate my bank on that they can feel free but good luck explaining it to them.

For those that didn’t see the MLiG stream last night, here’s some of the stuff discussed that I can remember:

-Kevtris says Neo Geo and PS1 are doable. Neo Geo is a “brute force” machine with hardware that can be reverse engineered into a FPGA. The PS1 seems to run things slow enough that Kevtris believes he can make an FPGA core for it.

Mrnarse I hate to hijack what you said for something "kind-of" related but I wanted to bring up a point about Neo-Geo.

I've seen a few people gripe about the potential for a Neo-Geo FPGA citing prices of carts....

One of the most interesting thing about Neo-Geo right now is that it is one of the few retro systems you can actually buy a lot of the ROMs for. It isn't heavily advertised, but a lot of the "ports" actually come with the original ROM. This is especially the case on GOG.com.

Theoretically, this could make it one of the most viable solutions and you could have one of the only "official" flash-cart/ROM systems.

Makes me wish Nintendo/other companies would do the same. Having official releases on either a system or a flash-cart is just great in my opinion.

I'd be returning it because it doesn't perform as expected. It said it would work with every game but I've noticed that it doesn't with certain games (roms). If they want to debate my bank on that they can feel free but good luck explaining it to them.

That definitely would not fly. It was not advertised to work with roms. The onus would be on you to prove otherwise. The company would likely swap to prove the unit was not defective and when they show that it was not, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

• Like 1

LinusTechTips level of popular is not store shelves popular, not SNES Mini mainstream popular. It is still niche and not yet mainstream. I don't think an Analogue product will ever go full main stream.

It is at a pricepoint that competes with the retron5 which has sold tens of thousands of units and sucks horribly. If it has a jailbreak and gets 2m views on an incredibly positive review it is off to the races. Although Analogue has really shot themselves in the foot by letting all these reviews come out before confirming a jailbreak because that would sell so many more and now what is probably the most popular review it is going to get is going live this week (already recorded) and it won't have any mention of the biggest selling feature the non-niche crowd is going to care about.

If it destroys the retron5 market it will be mainstream. If Analogue ships any to resellers/third parties or not for stores to stock is anyone's guess.

Allowing the use of Rom's on the Super NT wouldn't necessarily be giving his work away for free...just sayin'

Yes it is... He would need to jailbreak the system so there is work done for that and then allow use of his Super NES core to run the roms. The NT Mini could not run roms from SD card without the jailbreak and loading a separate NES Core to do it.

It is at a pricepoint that competes with the retron5 which has sold tens of thousands of units and sucks horribly. If it has a jailbreak and gets 2m views on an incredibly positive review it is off to the races. Although Analogue has really shot themselves in the foot by letting all these reviews come out before confirming a jailbreak because that would sell so many more and now what is probably the most popular review it is going to get is going live this week (already recorded) and it won't have any mention of the biggest selling feature the non-niche crowd is going to care about.

If it destroys the retron5 market it will be mainstream. If Analogue ships any to resellers/third parties or not for stores to stock is anyone's guess.

You are giving far too much credit to the average person here. Most people who bought the Retron 5 I would say would feel quite intimidated by downloading and actually installing a jailbreak software to their Super NT.

Yes it is... He would need to jailbreak the system so there is work done for that and then allow use of his Super NES core to run the roms. The NT Mini could not run roms from SD card without the jailbreak and loading a separate NES Core to do it.

It might not be. He could be paid based on a percentage of sales or for his time, we don't know these things and you can't assume he isn't being paid for his work without evidence.

That definitely would not fly. It was not advertised to work with roms. The onus would be on you to prove otherwise. The company would likely swap to prove the unit was not defective and when they show that it was not, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Good luck explaining that to my bank.

It works exactly as advertised. Analogue has never stated it would support ROMs. The exact reason Analogue/Kevtris refuse to comment on whether custom firmware is coming is precisely to prevent this legal mess. If they state it will run ROMs and custom cores prior to your purchase, then that fails to come to fruition, you are entitled to a refund by consumer protection laws. However, your unsubstantiated speculative 'expectations' does NOT match the advertised specifications of the system.

• Like 4

You are giving far too much credit to the average person here. Most people who bought the Retron 5 I would say would feel quite intimidated by downloading and actually installing a jailbreak software to their Super NT.

It is no more complicated than putting roms on an sd card for the retron 5.

Fine, but your initial implication was that the work he gave away for free was the cores. I doubt it would take much if any time to open this up to play Roms. In fact, it already does. You may have noticed the two that come on every single console.

• Like 1

It works exactly as advertised. Analogue has never stated it would support ROMs. The exact reason Analogue/Kevtris refuse to comment on whether custom firmware is coming is precisely to prevent this legal mess. If they state it will run ROMs and custom cores prior to your purchase, then that fails to come to fruition, you are entitled to a refund by consumer protection laws. However, your unsubstantiated speculative 'expectations' does NOT match the advertised specifications of the system.

My company does it on a weekly basis to dispute fraudulent chargebacks. Fraud departments do more research than you would think, and Analogue has all of the necessary evidence to reverse your chargeback. The more concerning aspect here is that you are admitting to willingly committing fraud against both your bank and Analogue.

• Like 5

Fine, but your initial implication was that the work he gave away for free was the cores. I doubt it would take much if any time to open this up to play Roms. In fact, it already does. You may have noticed the two that come on every single console.

I am guessing here but I don't think Kevtris would open up that portion of the system in a jailbreak. He would probably do it in a similar way he did with the NT MIni by loading another NES Core with a built in everdrive. I would imagine that Analogue may not be happy seeing that portion of their core unlocked.

My company does it on a weekly basis to dispute fraudulent chargebacks. Fraud departments do more research than you would think, and Analogue has all of the necessary evidence to reverse your chargeback. The more concerning aspect here is that you are admitting to willingly committing fraud against both your bank and Analogue.

Unfortunately, that would be up to you. They can prove that it works as advertised. But if you want to risk fraud, which can lead up to 15 years in prison, go ahead.

I can easily enough show that it won't work with roms. If Analogue doesn't release a jailbreak and wants to say "we never confirmed that it would" my bank isn't going to understand what roms are. Every year I spend my tax return and every year my card gets shut off for fraudulent charges because it is "atypical spending habits" and every time I buy a firearm something goes wrong with the transaction because they don't agree with the second amendment. Anger me and I shall unleash the full force of their incompetence upon you. Trust me by the time they finish dealing with the "top experts" my bank employs to waste people's time they will be begging to just take the console back.

I am guessing here but I don't think Kevtris would open up that portion of the system in a jailbreak. He would probably do it in a similar way he did with the NT MIni by loading another NES Core with a built in everdrive. I would imagine that Analogue may not be happy seeing that portion of their core unlocked.

It never loads another NES core, so far as I can tell. If you have a Mini and use the jailbreak you'll see what I mean. When you select the NES core it doesn't load anything (because by virtue of the system being on, it's already loaded the NES core) like the other cores, it just takes you into the menu to select your rom.

Edited by jamon1567
  • Like 1

I can easily enough show that it won't work with roms. If Analogue doesn't release a jailbreak and wants to say "we never confirmed that it would" my bank isn't going to understand what roms are. Every year I spend my tax return and every year my card gets shut off for fraudulent charges because it is "atypical spending habits" and every time I buy a firearm something goes wrong with the transaction because they don't agree with the second amendment. Anger me and I shall unleash the full force of their incompetence upon you. Trust me by the time they finish dealing with the "top experts" my bank employs to waste people's time they will be begging to just take the console back.

Buddy, if you think you're smarter than the system and want to risk 15 years in prison, go right ahead. There are dozens of people sitting in prison right now who thought they were smarter than the system.

• Like 1