2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Feature request, if it's possible:

Can re-selecting the run cartridge option while a cartridge is already running do the equivalent of a power cycle instead of a "soft reset"? Currently I can't think of a way to get back to the SD2SNES menu to switch games other than loading Super Turrican to flush out the cartridge, and then booting the cartridge again.

I know it's already been mentioned the SD2SNES has a key combo to go back to menu, but if something like the above suggestion could be added it'd help with the Super UFO Pro 8. To my knowledge there is no way to get back to the menu without turning the Super NT off and back on again.

I need to retry loading Super Turrican tomorrow. I swear I remember trying and the UFO still loaded up the last loaded game.

Edited by melman

But again, it doesn't really matter once you're down to that low of a delay. Real world gaming isn't affected. With the manual lag test, I can't do any better on a CRT vs my 4K set with OSSC . That's what the manual lag test is really showing, how a particular display affects your gaming. So for me, my flat panel is just as good as a gaming experience as I would have with a CRT (minus light gun support of course)

My CRT:

post-45470-0-23816900-1518585008.jpg

4K Set:

post-45470-0-42336800-1518585311.jpg

Sorry but I'm calling shenaningans here. My response time (from responding to visual stimulus by hitting a button on my controller) is reliably 130ms playing Wild Gunman on NES with a CRT. Sometimes I can get it down to 110ms. You need to hit the trigger within 160ms (10 frames) to beat the fastest opponent. Pro level speedrunners may very well be gifted with faster than average reflexes. That said, when playing actual rythm games, I can get tighter response because my brain anticipates making the inputs before they are executed. There is no way your brain can respond by pushing a button within 005ms in response to visual or auditory stimulus unless you have the reflexes of superman.

The Super NT Jailbreak is live on Github. Happy Valentines Day!https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Super-NT-Jailbreakattachicon.gifSNT_Jailbreak.png

Holy crap. :o

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

:lust: :lust: :lust:

(And now I gotta go to work... :_( )

• Like 1

I really don't think you have to worry about Super Turrican 1 & 2 disappearing. Why would they?

Not too much of a surprise that other enhancement chips aren't supported, but hopefully we at least get DSP-1 support in time. Seems relatively easy to implement compared to a lot of the others, and a lot more games used it (including Super Mario Kart).

Either way, I'm very pleased. Short of SA-1 support for the Marvelous translation, I already own all the enhancement chip releases that I ever wanted anyways (including imports). Granted a handful are via official emulation and thus can't be enjoyed on a Super NT (Star Fox 2, Super Mario RPG, both Kirby platformers, and Mega Man X2 & 3), but it gets the job done well enough for my taste without resorting to buying expensive cartridges or reproductions.

Edited by Atariboy

Sorry but I'm calling shenaningans here. My response time (from responding to visual stimulus by hitting a button on my controller) is reliably 130ms playing Wild Gunman on NES with a CRT. Sometimes I can get it down to 110ms. You need to hit the trigger within 160ms (10 frames) to beat the fastest opponent. Pro level speedrunners may very well be gifted with faster than average reflexes. That said, when playing actual rythm games, I can get tighter response because my brain anticipates making the inputs before they are executed. There is no way your brain can respond by pushing a button within 005ms in response to visual or auditory stimulus unless you have the reflexes of superman.

You know how that test works right? It doesn't allow "early hits", which is what happens when you anticipate it.

I reliably get 10ms on my 4K or 15 on my TN every time except when it went through the splitter and capture card. When it goes through the capture card, I can typically get about 32ms if the software I'm using isn't buffering it.

What you don't see, is how many times I "hit early" when I do it with my 4K , it took me about 80 seconds to do it.

9a2ybn.jpg

Edited by Kismet

So I guess the big question is that since Kevtris is still squashing bugs, does the jailbreak firmware need to be updated every time there is an official firmware change?

Obviously yes. Chances are whoever put this out there simply found the code for the existing games and copied it around. Note there are no other cores.

I did find something that works perfectly on a real SNES system, as well as an SNS-101, but not on the Analogue Super Nt.
The Super Wild Card DX (3201) SNES copier from 1994.

I asked on another post if the Super Wild Card DX would work, and received a "Yes, most definitely." answer. Not so. :(
I do have an SD2SNES cart as well, but I have owned and used the SWC DX, and other copiers since 1992, and even dumped many of the roms still floating today.
So I was looking forward to seeing how it looked on the Super Nt.

Maybe there will be a fix for this? I hope so.

AnalogueSuperNt-SWC_DX_bad.jpg

SWC_DX3201_Copier-07.jpg

Obviously yes. Chances are whoever put this out there simply found the code for the existing games and copied it around. Note there are no other cores.

That's still assuming Kevtris did not write this. He could write a jailbreak without other cores. He had 8-bit cores already but maybe not 16-bit. Also considering that there may be a chance of a Analogue Genesis, which a core would mean many wouldn't buy it.

EDIT: I would still buy the Super NT for roms even if I only got the SNES core.

Edited by Mattelot

That's still assuming Kevtris did not write this. He could write a jailbreak without other cores. He had 8-bit cores already but maybe not 16-bit. Also considering that there may be a chance of a Analogue Genesis, which a core would mean many wouldn't buy it.

EDIT: I would still buy the Super NT for roms even if I only got the SNES core.

What I'm saying is that it was clearly done using whatever code is already in the firmware. Nobody can push out a SNES FPGA firmware in 2 days. So whatever is in this JB firmware probably just unlocked the existing feature that was probably not #ifdef'd out of the compile process but probably "if readfromcard = yes , lots of extra code" and changed the initialization state. Who knows really. You can pretty much take any binary firmware blob, run it through IDA Pro, and figure out where any debug stuff was left in.

My Super NT arrived, not played it yet. Goods value for import duty marked as $10 :-)

Mine had that vaue aswell. I salute Analogue for that. :)

Swedish tax and fees are just insane.

Intresting with that jailbreak, hope its on par with the official version. 6.4 seems a wierd first version. Alot of internal builds? :)

I usually starts with 0.7 with my software at work, and every year I increase the major version. :)

I did find something that works perfectly on a real SNES system, as well as an SNS-101, but not on the Analogue Super Nt.

The Super Wild Card DX (3201) SNES copier from 1994.

I asked on another post if the Super Wild Card DX would work, and received a "Yes, most definitely." answer. Not so. :(

I do have an SD2SNES cart as well, but I have owned and used the SWC DX, and other copiers since 1992, and even dumped many of the roms still floating today.

So I was looking forward to seeing how it looked on the Super Nt.

Maybe there will be a fix for this? I hope so.

If it doesn't work, you're going to need to volunteer more information that that. eg, When you go to "run cartridge" what happens? Screen black (try cleaning it?) or does it not get through a boot process?