1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Well, I highly doubt Analogue will release standalone consoles for Atari 2600 - 7800, Colecovision, Intellivision and other pre NES consoles. There just isn't enough demand to justify a $200 console for those systems.

There are ways a Jailbreak can still happen without Kevtris personally ackowledging any association with it. Perhaps an "anonymous" source releases said firmware.......

Lastly, you might as well give up on the Z3K dream. Even Kevtris doesn't know if he will continue that project.

Called it.

• Like 1

If it doesn't work, you're going to need to volunteer more information that that. eg, When you go to "run cartridge" what happens? Screen black (try cleaning it?) or does it not get through a boot process?

What happens when I turn on the Super Nt with the Super Wild Plugged in, is exactly what is shown in the firsr picture I posted. Its simply a blank screen with "HDMI No Signal".

The same thing it does when the Super Nt is powered off, or when the HDMI plug is disconnected.

The Super Wild Card works perfectly on both the original launch model SNES, and SNS-101 (SNES II/Jr/Mini) model.

I recently took it all apart and cleaned it, and removed the NiCad SRAM battery to make sure it didn't leak into the board. It's in perfect working order, but just not on the Super Nt for whatever reason.

Another thing I tried, was to remove both 8bitdo receivers (before turning it on), because I suspect it may be a power related issue. I was always impressed at how the SNES could allow these copiers to run full sized 1.44Mb, 3.5" floppy drives. Perhaps the Super Nt just doesn't supply the needed power to it.

So this is a 3201 model, Super Wild Card DX, from FrontFarEast.

It has a BIOS date of 10/14/94

32 Megabits of DRAM

256KB of backup RAM

1.44Mb (which formats to up to 1.6Mb, or 12 Megabits)

SWC_DX3201_Copier-15.jpg

When plugged into the Analogue Super Nt, the LED comes on (The Super Nt), and looks normal, but no video is outputted. I've also tried this on another display just to rule out any strange abnormalities with it.

Hi first post here been enjoying playing the super NT since Friday when it arrived at my house in the uk.

Just wanted to mention a couple of issues I have had on the super NT, I have an original cart of the super famicom version of muscle bomber and have noticed some graphical glitches with lines running through the player whilst playing as Hagger not sure if this is my cart or the Super NT

Also the joe and mac collection from retro bit has issues with the games not working since the 4.1 update the original joe and mac has garbled intro screen menu and in game glitches.

also noticed some very minor graphical glitches from super turrican directors cut but I'm not sure if they are present in the original.

All carts used where cleaned and firmware was updated to 4.1.

Thanks

I tried muscle bomber on the jailbreak firmware and it worked fine so it appears its my cart that was the problem

So I ran into an "issue". I was using an SD2SNES. It was on Uniracers. On 2 player mode, the second player sort of disappears just after starting the race. If anyone else could confirm that this happens to them, that would be lovely.

Absolutely loving the Super NT by the way.

I saw a similar issue on Uniracers, namely that the 2nd player would not make contact with the track itself. He would move but always be hovering at least 32 pixels above the track. The sd2snes plays the 2 player mode fine on original hardware.

Hi first post here been enjoying playing the super NT since Friday when it arrived at my house in the uk.

Just wanted to mention a couple of issues I have had on the super NT, I have an original cart of the super famicom version of muscle bomber and have noticed some graphical glitches with lines running through the player whilst playing as Hagger not sure if this is my cart or the Super NT

Also the joe and mac collection from retro bit has issues with the games not working since the 4.1 update the original joe and mac has garbled intro screen menu and in game glitches.

also noticed some very minor graphical glitches from super turrican directors cut but I'm not sure if they are present in the original.

All carts used where cleaned and firmware was updated to 4.1.

Thanks

The original release of Joe & Mac has no issues on my sd2snes. The game is without issue, only the questionable build quality of the retro-bit compilation cartridge. I also saw no glitchy looking lines when playing as Haggar in Muscle Bomber, also with an sd2snes.

What happens when I turn on the Super Nt with the Super Wild Plugged in, is exactly what is shown in the firsr picture I posted. Its simply a blank screen with "HDMI No Signal".

The same thing it does when the Super Nt is powered off, or when the HDMI plug is disconnected.

Hmm, might need kevtris to comment on it, but I suspect it might still be power.

A regular 3.5" floppy drive uses 5V at 1.25A . The supplied USB cable and USB "power" brick likely can't do that. OEM US SNES PSU is 10V @ 950ma, SFC JP models were 850ma.

USB is only designed for 500ma, but specific charger types like those for the iPhone/iPad, and some power strips that include USB ports allow for up to 2.1A. I don't know what the tiny brick that comes with the SuperNT does, but it's smaller than my iPhone's stuff.

Hmm, might need kevtris to comment on it, but I suspect it might still be power.

A regular 3.5" floppy drive uses 5V at 1.25A . The supplied USB cable and USB "power" brick likely can't do that. OEM US SNES PSU is 10V @ 950ma, SFC JP models were 850ma.

USB is only designed for 500ma, but specific charger types like those for the iPhone/iPad, and some power strips that include USB ports allow for up to 2.1A. I don't know what the tiny brick that comes with the SuperNT does, but it's smaller than my iPhone's stuff.

The Super Nt's brick is rated for 5v @ 2.1A. It supplies more power than the SNES's brick, which gives 10V, 850mA (US and Japan). However, it uses other voltages inside the console such as 3.3v. It may not be able to supply sufficient 5v for the copier to work. Obviously a standard floppy drive and the copier hardware use more power than your average flash cart or special chip cart.

To whoever implemented the jailbreak firmware: Would it be possible to take the portion that writes the save data to the SD Card and make that an option for cartridge games as well? (And some method to load from SD, ideally). I know there are likely many of us who'd like a way to backup and restore our cartridge save games without additional hardware.

• Like 1

Is there anywhere in the menu of the jailbreak that shows the firmware it is based on? It's not such a big deal now since I am checking this board pretty much every day but it would be nice to know of a way to see which firmware it is based on in the future.

It should be based on the newest official firmware. Mentioned earlier that a fix released in the new firmware is available in the j/b release.

Does the SNT read extFat? normal fat? What is the biggest card it can read?

Kevtris said: "The problem is exfat is under heavy patent protection, and you have to pay a microsoft tax to use it. Not to mention, the spec isn't even available unless you pay MS a lot of money. So I don't think that is going to happen any time soon. This is why lots of things only support FAT32. My dashcam is a good example. It will format SD cards up to 64 gigs in size with FAT32 for use with the camera since windows was artificially restricted to format only a maximum of 32 gigs as FAT32 and anything larger must be exfat. This is an artificial limitation designed to make MS money via licensing fees. As far as I know, exfat hasn't been fully reverse engineered yet. The patents for FAT32 and long file names ran out, so microsoft decided to create another patent encumbered format to keep the gravytrain rolling in."

• Like 1

The Super NT Jailbreak is live on Github. Happy Valentines Day!

https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Super-NT-Jailbreak

attachicon.gifSNT_Jailbreak.png

Just got back working on Valentines evening and this is an awesome present! Thank you!

Like others, I would love to know more information about who actually made this and if there is a chance we'll be seeing any special chips in the future. :-D

This really doesn't appear to be from Kevtris. I don't think he would put it under Smokemonster's GitHub page.

Also, like everybody else I'm a little frustrated from the lack of comments from Analogue/Kevtris. If the answer is no to additional cores then that's fine but being ignored and giving absolutely no answer is not consumer friendly.

This really doesn't appear to be from Kevtris. I don't think he would put it under Smokemonster's GitHub page.

Also, like everybody else I'm a little frustrated from the lack of comments from Analogue/Kevtris. If the answer is no to additional cores then that's fine but being ignored and giving absolutely no answer is not consumer friendly.

Sometimes, there is a logical explanation that you may or may never hear. Just like many lawsuits that you never hear nor can Google the outcomes. They get settled and parties agree to sign waivers that forbid them from speaking about it in any way, shape or form. I'm sure there is some legality issues behind this.

• Like 1

LOL, until we hear Analogue or Kevtris say this firmware will void the warranty I think we all know whats going on here. Its exactly what I proposed for a jailbroken firmware to happen even though Kevtris is now an employee at Analogue.

Gotta love them loop holes. Everyone wins!!!

BTW, you are not entitled to know whether additional cores will happen or not. That was never an "official" advertised feature.

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 2

Haven't even seen Kevtris in the active users listed below. I'd be inclined to agree if I saw him lurking and not commenting about all of this, but I haven't even though I've seen him in that list a million times before.

So it may be a secret release from Kevtris himself, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him open up about it later today (Or far less likely I suppose given that these just shipped a few days ago, for someone else step forward to take the credit).

We really don't need to take a guess in the dark at every last thing.

Edited by Atariboy

Did you like it better last time when Analogue announced the awesome jailbreak info for the NT Mini?? Oh that's right they never did! lol Not sure what you're getting frustrated about.. but don't say "like everybody else" because the majority of us here are just fine. :)

Figures there would be a jailbreak released today since my SD2SNES arrived yesterday. I told you guys my bad luck would help everyone here!

It's still nice if you are the type who likes to use the original SNES on a crt. If it is a real SD2SNES and not a knock off you could probably sell it fairly easily as well though you would still lose some money.