1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I really wish they'd state which version of the Official Firmware it was based on, so we knew which fixes were / weren't in it. I mean, often enough we'll be able to figure out - "Is cheat codes present?" and such. But in the future, it may be less obvious if there aren't feature differences to spot.

I really wish they'd state which version of the Official Firmware it was based on, so we knew which fixes were / weren't in it. I mean, often enough we'll be able to figure out - "Is cheat codes present?" and such. But in the future, it may be less obvious if there aren't feature differences to spot.

I'm pretty sure it will always be based on the newest version. This one is supposedly based on 4.4.

Here's the changelog:

JB6.5 2018-03-04:

• adds a new "Save?" dialog box,
  • fixes DMA-related bugs, which should solve most random crashes,
  • fixes both SRAM bugs (firmware 6.4 only saved once and had a nasty corruption bug). Please test it again so we can be sure the save functionality works as expected. Any save games made on the jailbreak firmware 6.4 should be considered as potentially corrupted and must be discarded,
  • fixes glitch with some games disabling the "return to menu" shortcut,
  • Like 1

Jailbreak is live!!

JB6.5 2018-03-04:

• fixes both SRAM bugs (firmware 6.4 only saved once and had a nasty corruption bug). Please test it again so we can be sure the save functionality works as expected. Any save games made on the jailbreak firmware 6.4 should be considered as potentially corrupted and must be discarded,

Jailbreak is live!!
JB6.5 2018-03-04:

Does this JB firmware include the new baseline changes from Super NT 4.4 firmware?

I'm pretty sure it will always be based on the newest version. This one is supposedly based on 4.4.

Yes, but the latest version may change. We had several versions between the last JB and this one. So in a week, official is up to 4.8, if the JB hasn't updated yet, if Bob comes along to get the jailbreak, they won't know which version it's based on.

Yes, but the latest version may change. We had several versions between the last JB and this one. So in a week, official is up to 4.8, if the JB hasn't updated yet, if Bob comes along to get the jailbreak, they won't know which version it's based on.

Agreed, the release notes should include that info.

Any "good" repro seller that doesnt cost more than the original games on Ebay?

I just want to find a good copy of Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart, Mega Man X and Super Punch Out.

Legend of Zelda LTTP, Mario Kart, and Super Punch Out can all be found for $20-$30 each. You could get the super famicom versions of Mega Man X, X2, X3, and 7 for $40-$50 total. Edited by RabidWookie

The Jailbreak firmware still has some problematic behavior in going into and out of menus. If you go back to the filebrowser, then back to the system menus, then back to the game, then pressing your "menu" shortcut no longer takes you to the filebrowser. And if you go to "Browse SD Card" in the menus, you don't get an SRAM save dialogue box, nor can you leave the file browser directly to the game anymore, you must first go back into the SNT menus. Select just does nothing at that point.

So, while saving may be fixed, being able to save is inconsistent because if you go to the SNT menus, you can accidentally lock yourself out of it, it seems.

(I've posted this as an issue at the Github already, as it was a problem with the earlier version, this is mostly a warning to people using it that this can happen, so avoid going back and forth between file browser and SNT menus.)

Edited by DarkkOne

Question for Kevtris concerning the new Super Nt 4.4 firmware: I noticed on the new firmware the ability to set dimensions like "4x" for vertical for example. However, even when setting these, if you go into advance mode's width/height, it won't be updated to the other settings. So for example you can set the system to 4x vertical, but in width/height, the vertical will still be at default 1080 when it should be updated to 960. Is it possible to interlink these settings, or does turning on advance mode simply override the previous settings? Just curious about this. Cheers and thanks so much for your continued work on this awesome system.

So is Rendering Ranger 2 basically the only confirmed game left that straight up won't run? Well, I mean past the intro logo.

According to Kevtris as of about 5 minutes ago:

"rendering ranger r2, unholy night, front mission, marvelous another treasure island, and flashback

treasure island is going to be straight forward to fix, front mission shouldn't be terrible, but flashback is weird. not sure what's causing that yet
and rrr2 might never work due to original game bugs, and unholy night I dunno. I might never find it but I will try. it is so random in its crashing"
Edited by cacophony

The Jailbreak firmware still has some problematic behavior in going into and out of menus. If you go back to the filebrowser, then back to the system menus, then back to the game, then pressing your "menu" shortcut no longer takes you to the filebrowser. And if you go to "Browse SD Card" in the menus, you don't get an SRAM save dialogue box, nor can you leave the file browser directly to the game anymore, you must first go back into the SNT menus. Select just does nothing at that point.

So, while saving may be fixed, being able to save is inconsistent because if you go to the SNT menus, you can accidentally lock yourself out of it, it seems.

(I've posted this as an issue at the Github already, as it was a problem with the earlier version, this is mostly a warning to people using it that this can happen, so avoid going back and forth between file browser and SNT menus.)

I'm pretty sure the nt mini had this same issue.

DId you bring up the system menu using the intended key (start I think) as opposed to using the back button?

According to Kevtris as of about 5 minutes ago:

"rendering ranger r2, unholy night, front mission, marvelous another treasure island, and flashback

treasure island is going to be straight forward to fix, front mission shouldn't be terrible, but flashback is weird. not sure what's causing that yet
and rrr2 might never work due to original game bugs, and unholy night I dunno. I might never find it but I will try. it is so random in its crashing"

Awesome, where did you get this info?

I'm pretty sure the nt mini had this same issue.

DId you bring up the system menu using the intended key (start I think) as opposed to using the back button?

I used the back button. "Back" shouldn't take you back to the system menu if it's going to cause problems like that, though. It's still a bug, or at least an issue that needs to be resolved. If it happens on the NT Mini as well, it should also be resolved there. Being locked out of having your games save is bad, as well as menu buttons ceasing to function.

I used the back button. "Back" shouldn't take you back to the system menu if it's going to cause problems like that, though. It's still a bug, or at least an issue that needs to be resolved. If it happens on the NT Mini as well, it should also be resolved there. Being locked out of having your games save is bad, as well as menu buttons ceasing to function.

Agreed.. well sort of. This is a jailbreak that gives you functionality you weren't promised. You are owed nothing here.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to get the save confirm to pop up again in that state but I'll have to play with it myself later.

Edited by cacophony

Also note - I wish you could force an SRAM write just by hitting the "Reset" shortcut. It reminds me of the "Hold reset while you turn the power off" old advice games gave you, and it also just feels quicker / more streamlined than pressing a combo to go into a menu, then hitting the right button in response to the prompt.