1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Is there an easy way to change the Super NT's solid white on light to a solid red one?

Select the rainbow palette and stop animation and you can choose any color you want by changing the seed value. You can also get a gorgeous purple color to match the NA color scheme by selecting "classic" and stopping the pattern at index zero. :grin:

Given traffic is low now on the thread can we speculate on what Kevtris is up to now?

He said they were working on something with Analogue, do you think it is new features for the SuperNt or just a new FPGA console?

Everyone just kind of disappeared because they were too busy playing SNES games to bother posting on message boards! That can't be a bad thing... :grin:

= = = = = = = = = =

Other thoughts: Now that the Super NT nearly has every bug squashed, we can shift focus to getting additional "cores" released, or start work on the upcoming Mega NT (with Genesis/MD and SMS slots). :grin:

• Like 1

= = = = = = = = = =

Other thoughts: Now that the Super NT nearly has every bug squashed, we can shift focus to getting additional "cores" released, or start work on the upcoming Mega NT (with Genesis/MD and SMS slots). :grin:

I don't mind buying 2 or 3 "Analogue" HDMI consoles but I do not plan to replace each and every of my clunkers with one off from Analogue even if they made them (which I don't think they will but ...) ... I really hope the CoreStore materializes sooner rather than later so I can really let go of the old.

I don't mind buying 2 or 3 "Analogue" HDMI consoles but I do not plan to replace each and every of my clunkers with one off from Analogue even if they made them (which I don't think they will but ...) ... I really hope the CoreStore materializes sooner rather than later so I can really let go of the old.

I would definitely buy a Genesis and an Atari version.

Everyone just kind of disappeared because they were too busy playing SNES games to bother posting on message boards! That can't be a bad thing... :grin:

That and most people have moved over to the Discord chat. You should come over and join us. Kevtris has posted 3,287 times in the past few weeks. It's neat to be able to interact with him and everyone else in real time.

Well, I wouldn't buy a Mega NT, not because I think it's a bad idea (Genesis on HDMI would be cool) but just because I was never much into the Genesis to begin with. There's no nostalgia there for me, aside from a few games like Mega Man - The Wily Wars.

This reminds me, has anyone ever set up a bug list for all the cores that were released on the NT Mini? For one thing, I recall Mega Man Xtreme on GBC has a rather serious sprite color bug on the NT Mini, and it's not just sprites, I see color problems in cut-scenes as well. I figure other people must have encountered other little bugs in those NT Mini cores...

I have been hard at work on a new crop of fixes to the firmware on the super nt. I have fixed pretty much all the outstanding bugs now. Even Rendering Ranger R2 works! The new update has around 10 or so game fixes which clears most of the backlog. It should be out by the end of the week I hope. but no guarantees.

I love you.

That and most people have moved over to the Discord chat. You should come over and join us. Kevtris has posted 3,287 times in the past few weeks. It's neat to be able to interact with him and everyone else in real time.

So I downloaded the discord chat app and it's impossible to navigate. I tend to be ocd about forum threads and want to look at the whole thing. Is there a convenient way to scroll to the top? Flicking all the way up therewould take forever. And there's thousands of posts, so many that if anything important was mentioned, it will quickly get lost and buried. The app notifies me that I'm viewing old posts, and clicking the little bar takes me back to the bottom instantly with no option to get back to where I was reading. There's no search function that I'm aware of, or any way to view only posts by Kevtris. And the constant stream of info is so rapid that if I get involved in a conversation, I'll be lost in a sea of new posts I haven't read yet, when I return. Forum software isn't perfect, but if people are already repeating the same info or questions ad nausium in Atariage, with proper search index and linkbacks, how much worse is it in discord without the aid of navigation options and search tools? Manually flicking 500 times to scroll up to the beginning is a poor way to archive data. And I have no idea how far back the index goes or if posts just get purged at some point. I have a life. I sleep. I work. I have family. I play offline games. I can't stay connected 24/7 to make sure I'm not missing important updates. So forgive me for stating an opinion, but I don't see how discord can be a good way to distribute info, unless Kevtris gets his own thread for providing updates.
  • Like 1

So I downloaded the discord chat app and it's impossible to navigate. I tend to be ocd about forum threads and want to look at the whole thing. Is there a convenient way to scroll to the top? Flicking all the way up therewould take forever. And there's thousands of posts, so many that if anything important was mentioned, it will quickly get lost and buried. The app notifies me that I'm viewing old posts, and clicking the little bar takes me back to the bottom instantly with no option to get back to where I was reading. There's no search function that I'm aware of, or any way to view only posts by Kevtris. And the constant stream of info is so rapid that if I get involved in a conversation, I'll be lost in a sea of new posts I haven't read yet, when I return. Forum software isn't perfect, but if people are already repeating the same info or questions ad nausium in Atariage, with proper search index and linkbacks, how much worse is it in discord without the aid of navigation options and search tools? Manually flicking 500 times to scroll up to the beginning is a poor way to archive data. And I have no idea how far back the index goes or if posts just get purged at some point. I have a life. I sleep. I work. I have family. I play offline games. I can't stay connected 24/7 to make sure I'm not missing important updates. So forgive me for stating an opinion, but I don't see how discord can be a good way to distribute info, unless Kevtris gets his own thread for providing updates.

I think you're kind of missing the point of the Discord channels. It's not really intended to keep a record of official announcements, though AFAIK everything written is kept forever, it's easily searchable, and there is separate channels devoted solely to firmware update announcements.

You don't need to be on 24/7 to get anything out of it. Quite the opposite actually. Whenever you have a few minutes to log on you'll find at least a handful of other people who are eager to have discussions related to FPGA consoles / etc. Kevtris is on quite a bit, and his schedule is pretty consistent, so it's easy to interact with him too.

Alternatively, the search works very well, both by keyword and by user. I agree that navigating through a lot of old posts isn't super convenient, but that isn't really the intended use.

I think you're kind of missing the point of the Discord channels. It's not really intended to keep a record of official announcements, though AFAIK everything written is kept forever, it's easily searchable, and there is separate channels devoted solely to firmware update announcements.

You don't need to be on 24/7 to get anything out of it. Quite the opposite actually. Whenever you have a few minutes to log on you'll find at least a handful of other people who are eager to have discussions related to FPGA consoles / etc. Kevtris is on quite a bit, and his schedule is pretty consistent, so it's easy to interact with him too.

Alternatively, the search works very well, both by keyword and by user. I agree that navigating through a lot of old posts isn't super convenient, but that isn't really the intended use.

He's definitely missing the point.

There's no point to reading archived material when you can speak directly to Kevtris and have on-going dialogue with the man and ask him questions. He's actually posted about a ton of cool stuff coming up for the Super NT that he hasn't mentioned any where else (bug fixes, addition of SPC Player & visualization, etc). He's also in general a very cool guy and almost too willing to get into a technical discussion with anyone who piques his interest with a topic.

Of course, anyone who's really enthused could be archiving each and every little thing that Kevtris mentions or talks about.

Finally, I really wonder if Kevtris will ever post here again outside of major updates, to be honest. Between Discord and IRC he has two streams of on going and fluid data and information to work with, vs an older format like a forum chat.

Edited by Sho

There's no point to reading archived material when you can speak directly to Kevtris and have on-going dialogue with the man and ask him questions. He's actually posted about a ton of cool stuff coming up for the Super NT that he hasn't mentioned any where else (bug fixes, addition of SPC Player & visualization, etc). He's also in general a very cool guy and almost too willing to get into a technical discussion with anyone who piques his interest with a topic.

Of course, anyone who's really enthused could be archiving each and every little thing that Kevtris mentions or talks about.

Finally, I really wonder if Kevtris will ever post here again outside of major updates, to be honest. Between Discord and IRC he has two streams of on going and fluid data and information to work with, vs an older format like a forum chat.

Sure, I just don't really have much to talk about at the moment though. Just doing all that behind the scenes stuff. No one's really asked any questions on the forum here, or if they do they get answered before I can. lol. Not that I am complaining mind you.

What IRC server/channel do you speak of, if I may ask?

Given traffic is low now on the thread can we speculate on what Kevtris is up to now?

He said they were working on something with Analogue, do you think it is new features for the SuperNt or just a new FPGA console?

I'd love it if the Easter Bunny were to leave us an awesome classic 8-bit system core for the SNT in our Easter baskets this coming Easter (April 1st). :)

Specifically, I would LOVE to play the Colecovision on my Super Nt.

I've been bummed out for a long while now that I can't get a nice RFB picture from my favorite childhood console.

VGO404.jpg

Select the rainbow palette and stop animation and you can choose any color you want by changing the seed value. You can also get a gorgeous purple color to match the NA color scheme by selecting "classic" and stopping the pattern at index zero. :grin:

= = = = = = = = = =

I can't get the color I want. I don't understand how to stop on the color I want. I don't see a stop button? If I do stop the rainbow it just goes white. Am I doing something wrong?

I'd love it if the Easter Bunny were to leave us an awesome classic 8-bit system core for the SNT in our Easter baskets this coming Easter (April 1st). :)

Specifically, I would LOVE to play the Colecovision on my Super Nt.

I've been bummed out for a long while now that I can't get a nice RFB picture from my favorite childhood console.

VGO404.jpg

YEs. Besides 8-bit JB cores (Easter Fool's Day would be epic), I'd also like to request future firmwares the capability to save a configuration file on the SD card. Some of the options can be quite deep, and it takes a few to set up everything the way I left it previously. If we could save the current settings as a configuration file on the SD card, we could quickly restore settings (minus any options that have been removed or added between firmwares) after a firmware upgrade, and additionally save unique profiles for different displays, or share custom settings profiles online.

IMO integer scaling options need to be accessible (along with 4:3 and other settings) via the start button without toggling the "advanced" tab which may be too complicated for novice users. 1:1 setting should point to square pixel aspect not square screen aspect. Also the height / width and screen adjustment dials need to be 0 when centered, and +/- moves it up or down. As it is right now, I cannot determine which setting the screen is perfectly centered, and I'm a bit OCD in that if I can't be certain the screen is centered, it bugs the hell out of me.

Also using the 5x vertical 6x horizontal setting for a while, I've noticed some games like fighters where the HUD is on the top edge of the display, I have to bump the screen downwards some. Other platformers like Super Mario World display better with the screen centered between the top and bottom. I got tired of adjusting the vertical position on a per game basis, so I've reverted to 720p with 3x vertical 4x horizontal for the time being. This leaves only minor black bars on the top and bottom edge, although I get the same horizontal width as 6x5 1080p so it's slightly wider aspect.

I can't get the color I want. I don't understand how to stop on the color I want. I don't see a stop button? If I do stop the rainbow it just goes white. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you running latest firmware? LED options are not fleshed out on stock firmware. If you have recent firmware, everything in kosmic's post and everything in my post before his will be there and work.