1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The "SF" option is red on position zero. Selecting that and then unchecking "animate pattern" under the "adjust pattern" menu should have your red LED as easy as that.

Thanks, but it seems you can only do a couple colors, red, white, green and purple and that's about it. I wonder if there are some more patterns to download?

Thanks

YEs. Besides 8-bit JB cores (Easter Fool's Day would be epic), I'd also like to request future firmwares the capability to save a configuration file on the SD card. Some of the options can be quite deep, and it takes a few to set up everything the way I left it previously. If we could save the current settings as a configuration file on the SD card, we could quickly restore settings (minus any options that have been removed or added between firmwares) after a firmware upgrade, and additionally save unique profiles for different displays, or share custom settings profiles online.

Also the height / width and screen adjustment dials need to be 0 when centered, and +/- moves it up or down. As it is right now, I cannot determine which setting the screen is perfectly centered, and I'm a bit OCD in that if I can't be certain the screen is centered, it bugs the hell out of me.

I second these two suggestions.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sure, I just don't really have much to talk about at the moment though. Just doing all that behind the scenes stuff. No one's really asked any questions on the forum here, or if they do they get answered before I can. lol. Not that I am complaining mind you.

So, on that note, what are your future plans for new firmware? Also, I bought a repro cart of Star Ocean that doesn't seem to work in the Super Nt, but I found it worked fine in another "repro" console at a store (Gamerztek 16-Bit Entertainment System). Just wondering if there are plans to support newer repro circuit boards? I'd open it up to let you know what kind of board it is but I'm traveling.

I'd also like to request future firmwares the capability to save a configuration file on the SD card. Some of the options can be quite deep, and it takes a few to set up everything the way I left it previously. If we could save the current settings as a configuration file on the SD card, we could quickly restore settings (minus any options that have been removed or added between firmwares) after a firmware upgrade, and additionally save unique profiles for different displays, or share custom settings profiles online.

I wonder how hard it would be for the firmware to checksum the game/rom and save a configuration file to the sd-card on a per-game basis.

So, on that note, what are your future plans for new firmware? Also, I bought a repro cart of Star Ocean that doesn't seem to work in the Super Nt, but I found it worked fine in another "repro" console at a store (Gamerztek 16-Bit Entertainment System). Just wondering if there are plans to support newer repro circuit boards? I'd open it up to let you know what kind of board it is but I'm traveling.

Have you tried your repro cart on original hardware? FWIW: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/234996329

The features that Kevtris still intends to implement on the SNT are:

1. A complete redo of scanlines

2. An SPC player (SNES audio) that looks like this:

Edited by cacophony
  • Like 1

Have you tried your repro cart on original hardware? FWIW: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/234996329

The features that Kevtris still intends to implement on the SNT are:

1. A complete redo of scanlines

2. An SPC player (SNES audio) that looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2WJCgOW4qM&t

Unfortunately not yet, but I intend to when I get home.

I don't know about a repro, but the original star ocean cart works fine here, I bought one specifically to test it out.

• Like 1

Thanks, but it seems you can only do a couple colors, red, white, green and purple and that's about it. I wonder if there are some more patterns to download?

Thanks

You could also use my pattern creator to make a pattern with just one specific color if none of the premade patterns contain the tone you want.

I've actually just made some small additions to improve on it.

-I accidentally limited the number of frames for one entry to be at least 16. I removed this

-Added a clear button

-While having an entry selected with mouse1 you can press ctrl+c to copy an entry or ctrl+shit+c to add an entry to the list of copied entry. Use ctrl+v to paste one or multiple copied entries. Ctrl+x clears the list of copied entries

http://infine.st/Download/Analogue_PAT_CREATOR.rar

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/5ee508dc9e25f21d4fe72d2b71fd176ade7d81109e247c60497fec701cda7915/analysis/1521932073/

Edited by infinest
  • Like 2

I don't know about a repro, but the original star ocean cart works fine here, I bought one specifically to test it out.

Gmmm odd. I hope it works someday with a future update. The guy I bought it from said he's using newer circuit boards, and the older ones seem to work (via another guy on Reddit who told me his worked fine on the SNt).

Thanks

You can use the 12 patterns in the zip download on this page https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/115001844707-Loading-NSF-Palette-and-LED-Pattern-files

The other stuff in there is of no use to the Super NT, but the dozen pattern files will work.

Kosmic Stardust made some patterns too, they're back a way in the thread. He has one with a fully saturated rainbow that should do you good for selecting any color -of the rainbow- that you want.

• Like 2

You can use the 12 patterns in the zip download on this page https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/115001844707-Loading-NSF-Palette-and-LED-Pattern-files

The other stuff in there is of no use to the Super NT, but the dozen pattern files will work.

Kosmic Stardust made some patterns too, they're back a way in the thread. He has one with a fully saturated rainbow that should do you good for selecting any color -of the rainbow- that you want.

Yes, see here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/?p=3978645

My saturated rainbow pattern is about as smooth transition as you can get. I let it slowly cycle the colors (speed=1) on my current setup. Or stop it and pick any color index you want.

@kevtris Are the 2 Super Turrican games on the SuperNt reflashed every time we update the FW?

If so is there a way to have a smaller firmware and save on flashing time leaving the games alone?

(it's nerve wrecking when the thing goes totally blank with just a blinking led for how long it takes to flash).

If math helps me Super Turrican 2 is 2MB while Super Turrican 1 Director Cut is 768KB (the original was 512KB instead) ... I venture you either reserve 3MB or 4MB of flash for them. Speculating for a moment that the FW contains them at the current 8+ MB mark it's almost half dedicated to Turrican (both in space and in flash time).

Obviously if the 2 Super Turrican are on a separate flash not part of the FW flashing process the above does not apply but then again will there ever be a way to replace them with something else we care to have there more to be able to boot instantly into?

@kevtris Are the 2 Super Turrican games on the SuperNt reflashed every time we update the FW?

If so is there a way to have a smaller firmware and save on flashing time leaving the games alone?

(it's nerve wrecking when the thing goes totally blank with just a blinking led for how long it takes to flash).

If math helps me Super Turrican 2 is 2MB while Super Turrican 1 Director Cut is 768KB (the original was 512KB instead) ... I venture you either reserve 3MB or 4MB of flash for them. Speculating for a moment that the FW contains them at the current 8+ MB mark it's almost half dedicated to Turrican (both in space and in flash time).

Obviously if the 2 Super Turrican are on a separate flash not part of the FW flashing process the above does not apply but then again will there ever be a way to replace them with something else we care to have there more to be able to boot instantly into?

You bring up a good point. I wonder if the games can be hacked out of the firmware, either extracted from the install or dumped from the Super NT's internal flash via the jtag header.

Something presently resides on the internal console that allows for sd loading even if the flash dump gets corrupt. Though I appreciate the gesture, I'm not the hugest Super Turrican fan, as I just suck at run-n-gun games in general. Weird because I enjoy platformers (run-n-jump ie Mario, Sonic) and I enjoy SHMUPs (all the way from Galaga to Parodius to Blazing Lazers) so I should enjoy run-n-gunners, but my brain can't wrap around it. It's likely due to timing my shots, jumps with enemy movement. If I'm shooting bullets, I need 8-way steering for some reason. Most run-n-guns, I can't even beat the first level. :P

I think the inclusion of the games is definitely a gesture of goodwill as well as luck falling into place, with the developer looking for an outlet for their game and analogue looking for an exclusive pack in. Modding the firmware to include alternate pack-ins would be a bit redundant considering the jb firmware currently is at feature parity with the official firmware and lets you play snes roms directly off the sd.

But yes, it takes a looong time to flash the firmware. So if adding the core store would cause minutes long waits to change the core, and minutes long waits to revert back, I could see that being impractical.

But yes, it takes a looong time to flash the firmware. So if adding the core store would cause minutes long waits to change the core, and minutes long waits to revert back, I could see that being impractical.

The Nt Mini takes about 15-30 seconds to change to a non-NES core, but the change back to NES is always near instant.

This would be the "deflated" 8megabyte (64 megabit) ROM, translated to english. Aren't all English translation patches the expanded rom version?

IIRC, the largest commercial games were Star Ocean and Tails of Phantasia, both 48mbit, however Star Ocean is 64mbits (8 megs) after decompression. Retrousb used to sell repros of star ocean and tails of phantasia with all 5v parts.

I was playing with that new hyperkin snes optical mouse, which works great, but it likes to be plugged into port1, meaning it has to be physically switched to access the system/save/game-change menu.

• Could it be possible to access and use the menu from the player 2 controller as well?
  • Or alternately, perhaps a setting to swap controller ports that the snes sees? (have mouse plugged into port 2, but a menu setting that makes the snes see port 2 as its port 1)

as is, it works exactly like the snes always did. But maybe it could work better.

Why did it take me so long to try out the mouse? The thing's great.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I was playing with that new hyperkin snes optical mouse, which works great, but it likes to be plugged into port1, meaning it has to be physically switched to access the system/save/game-change menu.

• Could it be possible to access and use the menu from the player 2 controller as well?
  • Or alternately, perhaps a setting to swap controller ports that the snes sees? (have mouse plugged into port 2, but a menu setting that makes the snes see port 2 as its port 1)

as is, it works exactly like the snes always did. But maybe it could work better.

Why did it take me so long to try out the mouse? The thing's great.

Yeah I was thinking about this actually when I tried the mouse out. I am not 100% sure the best method to do it though. I guess maybe I could "OR" the two controllers together so both of them can control the menu. I would have to detect the type of controller first though to make sure some other peripheral didn't cause issues and possibly make it work with a multitap.

• Like 2

This would be the "deflated" 8megabyte (64 megabit) ROM, translated to english. Aren't all English translation patches the expanded rom version?

IIRC, the largest commercial games were Star Ocean and Tails of Phantasia, both 48mbit, however Star Ocean is 64mbits (8 megs) after decompression. Retrousb used to sell repros of star ocean and tails of phantasia with all 5v parts.

Well oddly enough like I said it worked fine on the other system. I hope it'll eventually be supported with an update. I decided to keep it.

Edited by Lost Gaijin

There's a 96Mbit decompressed rom released by Neviksti that ends up on a BSOD on the Super NT, and that differs from the original because it doesn't rely on the S-DD1 cart processor to decompress stuff on the fly, since rom content is already decompressed. (same could be done with Street Figher Alpha/Zero 2)

• Like 1

There's a 96Mbit decompressed rom released by Neviksti that ends up on a BSOD on the Super NT, and that differs from the original because it doesn't rely on the S-DD1 cart processor to decompress stuff on the fly, since rom content is already decompressed. (same could be done with Street Figher Alpha/Zero 2)

When does it BSOD? Is this when on a repro cart or just the rom file itself? I have that rom and haven't had any issues thus far.

Yeah I was thinking about this actually when I tried the mouse out. I am not 100% sure the best method to do it though. I guess maybe I could "OR" the two controllers together so both of them can control the menu. I would have to detect the type of controller first though to make sure some other peripheral didn't cause issues and possibly make it work with a multitap.

In addition to a player 2 menu option, I think it would be neat to navigate menus with the mouse, even if there's no real menu hotkey or shortcut. Scroll selections with the mouse, left click confirm, right click back.

New firmware for the Super NT should be posted today fairly soon. The following changes have been made:

Fixed Unholy Night crash/graphics issue.

Fixed the -1 fix again to remove vertical zebra stripes.

Fixed high-res colour math issues so Marvelous: Another Treasure Island works now without graphic glitches.

Fixed Chrono Trigger crashing on entering save menu.

Fixed Rendering Ranger R2 / Targa.

Fixed Flashback’s audio buzz when entering inventory.

Fixed Arabian Nights audio feedback issue.

Changed wording of the checkbox in the cheat codes. It now says “enable checked codes” to reduce confusion.

Changed “tools” menu to “cheat codes”.

Added a “disable hotkeys” feature under hot keys. This lets you disable all hotkeys and controller auto polling until power is cycled.

Fixed “menu bounce” setting so it shows up again.

Fixed Tiny Toons Buster Busts Loose audio crash

Fixed Batman Returns audio crash

Added debugger under “hardware” menu (probably not the most useful for most people but I use it a lot so someone developing a game might find it useful).

This rounds out most of the problems people had that I know of. Top Gear 3000 still has an issue as does Front Mission (jumping text) but that should be fixed by the TG3K fix. I will fix these on the next release.

• Like 10

It's alive (SuperNt FW 4.5):

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360002595831/snt_firmware_ver4.5.bin

EDIT: wrt "the turricans" I would be glad if they don't get reflashed every time or not at all (forget replacing them) ... if that reduces the FW from ~8MB to ~4MB and more importantly cuts in half FW flashing time I'd say it's a win. Kevtris didn't say anything about it so it may just NOT be possible.

EDIT2: am I the only one that think the URL link shortening feature of AA forum is "less than ideal" for the url of support.analogue...? sigh!

I swear I did not type anal...ware!!! Albert help!!!

It's alive (SuperNt FW 4.5):

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360002595831/snt_firmware_ver4.5.bin

EDIT: wrt "the turricans" I would be glad if they don't get reflashed every time or not at all (forget replacing them) ... if that reduces the FW from ~8MB to ~4MB and more importantly cuts in half FW flashing time I'd say it's a win. Kevtris didn't say anything about it so it may just NOT be possible.

EDIT2: am I the only one that think the URL link shortening feature of AA forum is not less than ideal for https://support.analogue... sigh!

yeah sorry not too possible to shorten firmware. Unless you're on dialup though the size shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1