1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It sounds like an HDMI handshake issue, probably related to the TV/settings you are using. You might want to try a different TV.

I think it's extremely unlikely that it's a hardware issue with your Nt Mini.

Hmm. Well I can test with a different TV but can’t afford to buy one just for the SNT. None of my other gaming systems do this so that points to the NT as the culprit I would think

Hmm. Well I can test with a different TV but can’t afford to buy one just for the SNT. None of my other gaming systems do this so that points to the NT as the culprit I would think

My point was simply that exchanging your Nt Mini for another is unlikely to make a difference.

@kevtris

I know you can't talk about WHAT you are working on, but can you talk about WHEN we should expect it?

Doesn't have to be precise but is it something for the holidays or earlier or maybe next year ... something like that.

All will be disclosed when Analogue lifts the NDA.

He's working on the Mega NT. Shhh, it's a secret to everyone... :sleep:

• Like 1

@kevtris

I know you can't talk about WHAT you are working on, but can you talk about WHEN we should expect it?

Doesn't have to be precise but is it something for the holidays or earlier or maybe next year ... something like that.

yeah sorry I am under an NDA so I can't say squat unfortunately.

• Like 2

Can you discuss X?

:ponder:

Can you discuss Y?

:ponder: :ponder:

Can you discuss Z?

:ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

800px-SEGA_logo.png

800px-SEGA_logo.png

800px-SEGA_logo.png

• Like 1

Brain fart

Brain fart

Brain fart

Brain fart

Asking about an unreleased product is one thing, but there is nothing wrong with a paying customer asking questions regarding the support and improvement of a pre-existing and launched product, an improvement which Kevtris has already stated is on his agenda. No NDA for that, and if there was, Kevtris broke it a long time ago.

Please do everyone on this thread and forum a favor and take a vacation. You contribute nothing of any substance and your arrogance is toxic.

Edited by LewisD
  • Like 1

Consider the following pattern :

Analogue Nt Mini Announced : August 22, 2016

Nt Mini Shipped (1st Batch) : January 23, 2017

Nt Mini Shipped (2nd Batch) : October 16, 2017 (delayed due to customs)

Latest Firmware for Nt Mini : March 31, 2017

Analogue Super Nt Announced : October 16, 2017

Super Nt Shipped (1st Major Batch) : February 6, 2018

Super Nt Shipped (2nd Major Batch) : "September, 2018" (Classic & SF enclosures, Black has been continuously available)

Latest Firmware for Super Nt : March 26, 2018

As you might be able to discern from the pattern, there was a product announcement and pre-order in the fall of a calendar year, shipment of an initial batch of units in the winter of the following year, followed by updates until the end of March and a second major batch of systems to ship in the fall. In each instance after March, 2017 and March, 2018, kevtris has indicated he is working on something new which he could not discuss. He also indicated he would be unable to provide further patches for the released products as a result for new work for the immediate future. However, he is a perfectionist and I trust that he will do his best to try to return to the previous products to fix bugs when the time permits.

• Like 3

I suspect we'll never see it. Kevtris has moved on from the NT

If that is the case, then I believe all of Analogues customers deserve that explicitly stated. I have a severe distrust of any company that isnt committed to their product just months after its release.

Edited by LewisD
  • Like 2

You know, I might just order another Super NT. That thing is damn amazing and would be a shame if I only had one and they stopped producing them. Which they might. Hmm.

I have two. I also bought two Nt Mini's :) Then I decided to go down the rabbit hole and learn about the HiDef NES and NESRGB and how to mod them so now I actually use those as my main systems (real SNES for RGB and the Super Nt for when I want to use HDMI) since they feel more authentic, LOL.

Edited by Toth

It would be a shame if Kevtris never got a chance to get back to SNT and overhaul the scanlines. I have a feeling that they originally worked a different way than the do in the final firmware, something to do with the color space the processing was done in, but he had to downgrade it to more basic processing when it was realized that the final color output was off.

• Like 2

If that is the case, then I believe all of Analogues customers deserve that explicitly stated. I have a severe distrust of any company that isnt committed to their product just months after its release.

1up on that! It's become all too commonplace. It's one reason why I didn't wax poetic all over these NT things. Once a hobbyist's cool projects are monetized, they stagnate. Sorry it's how I see it. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

• Like 1

1up on that! It's become all too commonplace. It's one reason why I didn't wax poetic all over these NT things. Once a hobbyist's cool projects are monetized, they stagnate. Sorry it's how I see it. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

The Analogue / Kevtris FPGA consoles (and Brian Parker / RetroUSB AVS) are hardly what I would call "hobbiest" products. They are professionally contracted and manufactured using industrial facilities. They are sold for profit to benefit the creator financially and give the end user a quality experience.

Do not confuse botique manufacturing with hobby products. The mist fpga, raspberry pi kits are better examples of hobbiest products.

• Like 2

All will be disclosed when Analogue lifts the NDA.

He's working on the Mega NT. Shhh, it's a secret to everyone... :sleep:

I'll take a dozen. like seriously no joke. Zero interest in an FPGA SNES but an FPGA Genesis? I want to lick it and rub it on my body, it's that sexy.

And unless there are games on the Super NT that don't work, it's complete. I don't see any reason to waste official resources on anything else. Now, if the jailbreak community wanted to program an FPGA Genesis on that device, that would be super interesting.

Edited by derFunkenstein
  • Like 1