1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Damn right it will with this years gems shaking out of the deepest wishes of anyone who waited it out. $160 vs $200, or pay some ebay douche $190-200 for a used one. I'll wait, not desperate or stupid with my money, plus going through SAG would be a warranty for like a year or so too. If a non-chinese garbage one flies under the radar before then for the black friday level or less (or a forum hit happens) fine, but November is not that far off.

I bought the SD2SNES a few weeks before it went on b/f sale. It was on backorder for a couple weeks, and was going to ship after the b/f sale. Stoneagegamer was pretty effin awesome. I emailed and asked to cancel order and see if I could re-order, and he just refunded me the difference.

• Like 1

I bought the SD2SNES a few weeks before it went on b/f sale. It was on backorder for a couple weeks, and was going to ship after the b/f sale. Stoneagegamer was pretty effin awesome. I emailed and asked to cancel order and see if I could re-order, and he just refunded me the difference.

I think if you get the "deluxe" version for the extra $20, you get a 2-3 year warranty.

I like that store because I can actually go there. My checking account and wife are not to happy about it....

Received mine a few weeks ago from Stone Age Gamer. Worth every penny.

sd2snes_sag.jpg

If Mega Nt is real I'll be buying a mega everdrive as well :-D

"Mega NT" is happening, not a matter of if, just when.

I would wait to see what the inevitable jailbreak offers if such a product is released.

The only Genesis / Megadrive game that uses special co-processor hardware afaik is Virtua Racing. Well there's also the Camerica J-cart (ie Micro Machines II, PAL Megadrive, which runs fine on NTSC Genesis btw). You would still need the original cart to play Virtua Racing, or 4-player mode in Micro Machines II, which the Mega Everdrive does not support.

The standard version supports Sega Master System games as well, but the Mega Everdrive adds FM sound. I would imagine SMS support will be provided out of the box, either with an adapter or dedicated cart slot, asnd it would be trivial for Kevtris to add FM sound synthesis to the Mega Drive FPGA, and a menu option to enable it or not when playing SMS games.

Likely an SD jailbreak will be anonymously dropped by Kevtris' alter ego shortly after launch, and support everything the Mega Everdrive can do, plus Game Gear and SG-3000/1000.

Can we trust that it is official product if no photo of the pcb is shown? Also current price is US $202, so it presumably went up since the first sale. Might as well buy it from Stone Age Gamer at that price.

Can we trust that it is official product if no photo of the pcb is shown? Also current price is US $202, so it presumably went up since the first sale.

I said use code PRONTO15, it's a 15% discount

Says the guy has sold 115 units, I would imagine by now someone would have pointed out they were fakes and gotten him delisted if he was shilling fake boards. Worst case scenario file against him and get your money back since his item description says it's a legit product

Isn't SD2SNES free and open source? It's not illegal to clone it as far as I know. But if you're buying it, for such a small difference in price, you might as well support the people who developed it. I am guessing Krikkz does give Ikari a cut? It'sinda complicated. I did buy a unit on ebay, that I though was manufactured by Krikzz, but then as I got more information about the product I discovered it actually is a china manufactured one. It does work perfect so far. I did test the superFX firmware and it was all good.

I mean, if you live in the USA, just get it from SAG. Do you really need to save 25 bucks on this?

• Like 1

I have seen stories of people with the clone carts that the firmware updates won't work (unless that is the super everdrive?). Anyway, that's why I made sure to buy from SAG since they are authorized and in the US and I knew I'd get a genuine product. Personally, I like the case and the little extras they have in the deluxe packages as well though it does get pretty expensive. If Krikzz was based in the US I'd maybe have bought most of my other stuff from him but I hate buying stuff and waiting on shipping from over seas. I also wanted the case to look like a US cartridge and not a Super Famicom cartridge in the case of the sd2snes..

Edited by Toth

That's the Super Everdrive that gets bricked as the clones are really shoddy. I've not seen anyone go after the SD2SNES copies as ones that break stuff, just everdrives.

I feel the same about Krikzz but you know he did recently set up a US Amazon shop, once people found out though all the carts got bought up and I don't think there's much left (and not the SD2SNES.)

Also about that post earlier retro_saikou on ebay is on the level entirely. I've bought from that guy 2-3x before buying up Japanese video games. Good communicator at that time, fast shipped, packaged stuff well too. If he says his is legit I'd believe it. Just make sure it's the latest revision if you care about MSU-1, otherwise it doesn't matter.

Also about that post earlier retro_saikou on ebay is on the level entirely. I've bought from that guy 2-3x before buying up Japanese video games. Good communicator at that time, fast shipped, packaged stuff well too. If he says his is legit I'd believe it. Just make sure it's the latest revision if you care about MSU-1, otherwise it doesn't matter.

Yeah, he says in the product description that they are the latest boards as of 6/2018, not sure that there have been any board revisions over the past month or two