1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Would it be a fair assumption in that case that we won't likely see the sd2snes savestates functionality (w/ the audio state in tow) working on a SuperNT?

That's a fair assumption, yes.

Honestly, I'm a little curious how well this will work long-term on the original hardware if they are intentionally creating a bus conflict like this. My EE is rusty (i.e. I remember enough to be dangerous), but I am a bit suspicious about the sort of effect this has. To do what Kevtris suggests means the SD2SNES would be causing higher current flow over the data bus when the SPC is supposed to have control of the data lines. What I'm rusty on is which component(s) wind up seeing the increased current, and how much tolerance is built into those components for lower resistance being seen on the data bus. It may very well be all well and good, but this certainly gets outside the intended design of the hardware. And that makes me a little nervous about how it might affect the lifespan of the hardware over the years.

good to know, tbh the full save states were the only thing leaning me toward upgrading, just gonna stick with my original cart

Yeh, there's not anything huge IMO going for it right now.

There's speculation about getting Super Gameboy into it (but no Gameboy Color), which would be cool, but even that's a pretty hard sell for a $200 upgrade. For that, you can get the GBA Consolizer, which is quite awesome looking, and plays everything up to and including Advance, obviously. But that assumes having a GBA and flashcart already...

Edited by Forsaken

good to know, tbh the full save states were the only thing leaning me toward upgrading, just gonna stick with my original cart

I just bought my sd2snes 6 months ago and it plays everything perfect on my Super Nt. Save states not working on sd2snes pro with Super Nt mean pointless buy for me.

I'm a sucker for new stuff lol. However, my sd2snes does everything I want at this point. I'll wait the Pro out a few revisions and see what happens with it. Save states have never been a thing for me. If it's not in the game already, I don't need it.

first Amazon reviews for the 2.4ghz version of the 8Bitdo M30 2.4G pad aren't too hot, one person says it constantly loses connection to the receiver, while the other review says the adapter causes games to crash at start, hope it's something they can sort out with firmware upgrades and not a defect that's gonna crop up when the systems roll otu

I bought 2 of the 2.4GHz 8Bitdo M30 controllers and I'm having major issues with both.

8BitdoM302.4g_GenesisController-vgo-01.j

They take a while to connect and then after connecting they will stop responding, then move to about 3 seconds on their own in whichever direction was last pressed. See video >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTQRVUlqERs

I have 2.4GHz WiFi, and cordless phones, but I also use my Nintendo WaveBird often, sometimes all 4 of them at once without so much as a hiccup. I believe those use the same 2.4GHz tech.

Also, to rule out the possible interference I tried unplugging our WiFi router, and cordless phones, and it was just as bad if not worse than the video above.

I suppose it's possible that I've received 2 defective M30's, but probably highly unlikely. It's unfortunate because I do like the way they feel. I'm also a fan of the very first Genesis controller as well. I guess my only other option will be the Bluetooth version, but that's going to cost much more.

I paid $25 each for 2 M30 2.4GHz, which included the receivers ($50 total). I'll have to pay $30 each for the BT versions ($60) + $20 each for 2 Genesis receivers ($40). Thus doubling the price to $100.

I also really preferred the smaller form factor of the M30 2.4GHz receiver over that of the Bluetooth one, which is about twice as long. I wish the Mega Sg could have an internal BT radio so there would be no need to buy and connect external receivers.

8BitdoM302.4g_GenesisController-vgo-07.j

8BitdoM302.4g_GenesisController-vgo-08.j

I ordered the m30 2.4ghz as well and have a 8bitdo NES Classic 2.4 ghz controller and it's been great. Sorry about the issues you're having. It is weird that you could have 2 bad m30's or maybe it's a manufacturing fault? I read other reviews on the m30 2.4ghz and most say they are happy with it? Maybe a bad batch?

• Like 1

Yeh, there's not anything huge IMO going for it right now.

There's speculation about getting Super Gameboy into it (but no Gameboy Color), which would be cool, but even that's a pretty hard sell for a $200 upgrade. For that, you can get the GBA Consolizer, which is quite awesome looking, and plays everything up to and including Advance, obviously. But that assumes having a GBA and flashcart already...

The GBA Consolizer, however, does not support Super Gameboy games/features. Not that they were used in any meaningful capacity in more than a handful of games.

I ordered the m30 2.4ghz as well and have a 8bitdo NES Classic 2.4 ghz controller and it's been great. Sorry about the issues you're having. It is weird that you could have 2 bad m30's or maybe it's a manufacturing fault? I read other reviews on the m30 2.4ghz and most say they are happy with it? Maybe a bad batch?

4 of 16 Amazon reviews (25%) state connection issues, a few state the game crash issue also (I guess that 'could' be related to the fact that it's a 6 button pad and some games wig out on that), also apparently the controller has a way for you to get past the 6 button pad bugs if you hold the minus button at start, Gamestop mentioned it in their review I believe. Apparently it's not in the manual though(why?) and only printed on the packaging. I'm still waiting on my M30 to ship unfortunately so can't personally test

I bought 2 of the 2.4GHz 8Bitdo M30 controllers and I'm having major issues with both.

I have 2.4GHz WiFi, and cordless phones, but I also use my Nintendo WaveBird often, sometimes all 4 of them at once without so much as a hiccup. I believe those use the same 2.4GHz tech.

Also, to rule out the possible interference I tried unplugging our WiFi router, and cordless phones, and it was just as bad if not worse than the video above.

Just as a test, what if you only plug one of the two M30s in? Maybe they're interfering with each other...

It's a bummer to read about the connection issues. I bought two of the controller sets but don't have anything to test them on as I bought them to go with my Mega SG. I am torn as to whether I should return them and re-buy them after the Mega SG is released as I think I'll be passed the return window by then.

One of the reviews was interesting in that they tested it on 3 different models and it worked good for hours on model 3 but had issues with connectivity and ghost inputs on model 2 and had issues with buttons not working properly on model 1. I wonder if 8bitdo got access to the Mega SG before they created these? Do we know if the Mega SG is programmed using a certain model the way the Super Nt was modeled after a specific model of Super Nintendo? I assume Kevtris must have used certain specific hardware but has he stated which hardware he used?

Edited by Toth

I wonder if using two m30's close to each other is an issue. IIRC it was an issue with old N30's that came with the NT mini, and folks were using extensions to get them some distance. Oddly, I had almost exactly the same issues described on one of my two retrobit wireless snes controllers--and amazon reviews reflect tons of similar problems with that unit. I hope I didn't just luck out on my m30.

I've only got about 3-4 hrs on mine and haven't noticed any drops/lag. For mine, I charged until the light went off (6hrs or so, iirc) and used them with an early model one (is TMSS, but still has 'zero tolerance' port on back). I've heard bad things about not giving other 8bitdo products enough charge.

For the amazon reviews saying they crash games, which ones so I can give them a try? I'm getting really consistent laps in virtua racing dx via an old Everdrive MD, which is most of what I play. I wonder if it's ms pacman(and whatever others), which die on 6-button controllers that aren't set to 3-button mode.

Usually *I'm* the one with wireless issues and lag, so I'm at a loss here--my game room is a bit of a worst-case scenario for them.

Edited by Reaperman

It's possible, but probably doubtful. Not everyone has the same amount of wireless interference though. I live in a pretty populated area of the city with a ton of wireless routers that I can see at any one time. Many of which are also 2.4Ghz, BUT that being said I often use 4 2.4Ghz Nintendo Wavebirds without so much as a hiccup. They are flawless. The receivers for the M30 are much smaller so it could also be that they don't insulate against other wireless signals very well.

Just as a test, what if you only plug one of the two M30s in? Maybe they're interfering with each other...

Oh, I only ever plugged in one at a time. That lag video I shot was only with one in it. In fact I haven't even tried it with both plugged it. It might even be worse with both.

Get the joyzz from krikzz. It feels just like a real MD pad and I've had no connection problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

The Joyzz from Krikzz would cost $144. Where as both of the 8bitdo M30's cost me about 1/3rd at $50 total. It's the same 2.4GHz technology, so if it's an interference issue I would likely have the same issues with those.

I have bought many of 8Bitdo's past products and have really liked them quite a bit. The SNES30's, the NES30's, the Retro Receivers for both. All excellent quality so I was expecting more of that.

Maybe this is something they can address and fix with a FW update. Who knows. If not I'll just have to send them back to Amazon and possibly buy the Bluetooth version.

Speaking of the Analogue Sg & M30, I found it strange that the boxes of the 8Bitdo say nothing about them being compatible with the Sg. It says "Compatible with the Sega Genesis and Mega Drive". I suppose it's assumed, but I figured Analogue would have liked their name on the box.

My m30 stopped, I'll try it on a model 1 and model 2 when it shows up, I've got the sn30 for my super nt also that I've never had connection issues with so I'll see what happens.

Re Amazon game crashes none of the reviews I saw called out any specific game

• Like 1

I love the 8bitdo stuff. My m30 2.4ghz came today, but I bought it for the Analogue Sg so can't test the receiver yet. I know it works plugged through usb on windows 10 and switch, and it works fine on windows 10, but can't get it to work on Nintendo Switch?

I do have the Megadrive DIY kit installed on my original sega megedrive 6 button. So if this m30 2.4ghz doesn't work well on my analogue Sg I'll just get 8bitdo's bluetooth receiver and use my diy kit controller instead. So I'm covered either way.

After dealing with 8-bit do stuff for the NT MIni & Super NT, I'm totally passing on any new wireless stuff. It works but it's not my style.

Wired original controllers for me.. that's the ticket. :)

Ye, same here. I disliked the D pad on those that included in the NtM, using wireless when possible.

With one exception, I actually like the krikzz joyzz better than the original on the MD. Lag is undetectable for me. Think its more responsive than bluetooth since it doesn't use lot of "standard" overhead shit thats need in for BT.

So has anybody tried out the new retro-bit Sega controllers, I think I prefer wired, and I've been considering the 6 button to go with a Mega SG.

While Retro-bit says it should be available as of a few days ago, they aren’t really in stock anywhere. It kinda looks like they missed their dates.

• Like 1