1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Soon approaching putting that other would-be console thread (that I won't mention by name) , in its place, in all metrics, probably within the next few days, but hopefully, at least before the official launch of the Analogue SG, as that would seem somehow fitting. Shouldn't be a problem. icon_wink.gif

Stats from that quite silly thread:

472 pages
11,829 replies

EDIT: Oh, Shnap - done.

• Like 2

It's about time, I miss kevtris lighter posts ..... and waiting for the firmware fairy ..... and I want to see what other cart adapters Analogue has up its sleeve .... I hope to be pleasantly surprised!!!

I have not pre-ordered but my body is so ready for the white one .... yeah the white .... in my house the dark side of the force is the SuperNt in black, so it's just fitting to have the MegaSg in white .... lol ....

• Like 1

Look what popped up on the analogue support page:

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/360024836892-Mega-Sg-Firmware-Update-v3-8

Mega Sg: Firmware Update v3.8

How to update the firmware on your Mega Sg

1. Download "msg_firmware_verX.X.bin" attached on this page. Unzip the file if needed.
2. Format an SD card to FAT32.
3. Copy"msg_firmware_verX.X.bin" onto the SD card. No other files can be on the SD card except for the firmware .bin file.
5. Power your Mega Sg off.
6. Insert the SD card into your Mega Sg SD card slot.
7. Power your Mega Sg on.
8. Your Mega Sg will automatically begin to update. The updating process will be represented by the Power LED on the front of your Mega Sg rapidly blinking.
9. This will take 3-4 minutes. Do not power down your Mega Sg during this process or disturb the unit in any way.
10. When your Mega Sg is finished updating, the unit will auto re-boot and the LED's color will turn back into it's normal mode (white).
11. Your Mega Sg has now been updated.

v3.8 notes:

- Release firmware

Please note:

- Legacy firmware versions included below. When updating firmware, we suggest using the latest firmware. You do not have to update your firmware in order, simply update with the latest firmware file below.
- When you update your Mega Sg's firmware it will reset all of your system settings.

Edited by F34R
  • Like 2

Been any hints that something might be implemented to give a more CRT like appearance to dithering?

I see it pretty regularly on the Super NT (Star Fox is well known as an example, but despite its association with the Genesis/Megadrive, it pops up frequently on Nintendo's system as well like in some of the backgrounds in F-Zero). So I suspect/fear there may be no solution for it to look correct and still have a nice unfiltered 240p with sharp pixels, or a mind like Kevtris has would've rolled out the option to blend it with the release of the Super NT a year ago.

With it such a common graphical cheat on the Genesis, it would be great to see it look like it should while still retaining all the picture quality benefits that Analogue's HD hardware provides (Like they did with the fake transparency on the Super NT in Kirby's Dreamland 3).

Edited by Atariboy

Forgive me if it's been asked--does Mega SG gain any functionality from the 8bitdo controller's many, many buttons?

Perhaps wishful thinking on my part, but nt mini had some extra 8bitdo functions, and there's this interesting button labeled 'home' in the manual.

My guess that it wont do anything. Features like this requires (I think) like an USB overhead and not direct input that I sure hope the Sega Sg have.

Couldn't they technically wire it such that pressing the menu button would be the equivalent of say pressing Down+Start at the same time but just combining that combo into a single button instead? So it would come down to how they wired that menu button. As long as the Mega SG was programmed to recognize that combo as a command it should work right? It would be cool if 8Bitdo worked with Analogue when they designed the controller, especially the 2.4GHZ controller that really can only be used with the real system/Mega SG. Why put a home button on that controller specifically if it can't do anything?

I have no idea if something like that would work but would be cool.

Edited by Toth
  • Like 2

Hope the embargo gets lifted soon. While I don't plan to order one anytime soon (Hoping later this year), I'm excited to see video of it in action and learn all the details like how the 8-bit support is.

And hopefully come early April or thereabouts, the jailbreak fairy will be visiting us again.

trying to hold out for reviews before pulling the trigger, glad to see they are coming out early though

edit:

From the SG manual:

'Setting Up Mega Sg with Sega CD or Mega CD To connect Mega Sg to a Sega CD or Mega CD, you must remove the Expansion Slot connector from the right side of the console. Put the Sega CD spacer underneath Mega Sg to raise its connector to a height which will match the Sega CD’s connector'

Sounds like it's gonna look pretty janky if you're hooking up to the Sega CD

Edited by Jurai

Hope the embargo gets lifted soon. While I don't plan to order one anytime soon (Hoping later this year), I'm excited to see video of it in action and learn all the details like how the 8-bit support is.

And hopefully come early April or thereabouts, the jailbreak fairy will be visiting us again.

Embargo lifts on the 25th.

• Like 1

trying to hold out for reviews before pulling the trigger, glad to see they are coming out early though

edit:

From the SG manual:

'Setting Up Mega Sg with Sega CD or Mega CD To connect Mega Sg to a Sega CD or Mega CD, you must remove the Expansion Slot connector from the right side of the console. Put the Sega CD spacer underneath Mega Sg to raise its connector to a height which will match the Sega CD’s connector'

Original Sega Cd systems came with a spacer or metal plate for locking the system to the sega CD though many people seem to not use it. It's a metal plate that I don't really think acts as a spacer. The model 2 even had two smaller metal pieces of like RF shielding or something you were supposed to connect (so a total of three extra pieces). Seems like this will be similar though I hope the spacer is included because if you have to use the original a lot of people aren't going to have it. Also, the sega cd model 1 plate is different than the sega cd model 2 plate. I am going to assume they are planning on people using the Model 2 Sega CD but I am not sure.

Edited by Toth

edit:

From the SG manual:

Photos:

https://twitter.com/PCBrown/status/1106361848239030273

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/501777182029250561/556140425354805248/IMG_20190315_113908916.jpg

• Like 1