604 members have voted

1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

I did, the firmware documentation mentions though that some games may be incompatible with the no-delay bios. I played around 5 games and works fine so far.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Would it be possible to get the Mega Sg to read ColecoVision carts instead of roms if someone were make a 30 to 64 pin cartridge convertor?

Then the Mega Sg truly would be the Phoenix killer. 

On 7/18/2019 at 7:03 AM, SegaSnatcher said:

Analogue replied to someone via Twitter and no they aren't accepting pre-orders right now.  

Krikzz needs to upgrade that old GG Everdrive.  Its still flash based which = much slower loading times. 

Looks like that was back on June 5th, unless there was a newer reply that I missed. 

Flash is fine for the Everdrive GG. The average time to load a GG rom is about 7 seconds. They are tiny. 

Edited by spoonman

Would it be possible to get the Mega Sg to read ColecoVision carts instead of roms if someone were make a 30 to 64 pin cartridge convertor?

On 7/18/2019 at 7:03 AM, SegaSnatcher said:
Analogue replied to someone via Twitter and no they aren't accepting pre-orders right now.  

Krikzz needs to upgrade that old GG Everdrive.  Its still flash based which = much slower loading times. 

Looks like that was back on June 5th, unless there was a newer reply that I missed. 

Flash is fine for the Everdrive GG. The average time to load a GG rom is about 7 seconds. They are tiny. 

That would be really cool, can someone confirm if only a physical convertor is required for something like that to work?

Let's not forget that officially the Mega Sg does not support Colecovision though.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, spoonman said:

It would work if Sirtvek has the pins enabled while you are in Coleco mode.   No way to tell unless someone releases a cart adapter.

The reason why Analogue could never officially support Coleco core with cart adapter is because Colecovision requires a Bios.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Molteno said:

Let's not forget that officially the Mega Sg does not support Colecovision though.

No one's forgetting that. At least I don't think so.

20 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

It would work if Sirtvek has the pins enabled while you are in Coleco mode.   No way to tell unless someone releases a cart adapter.

The reason why Analogue could never officially support Coleco core with cart adapter is because Colecovision requires a Bios.

I have a feeling the jailbreaker ;) knows if this is possible. 

I figured the fact that we got the CV core was likely due to that. Analogue can't sell it. And we likely aren't getting the 2600 core in the Mega Sg, because that can be sold.

If there was a way to play ColecoVision carts on the Megs Sg I'd likely use it more for that than for playing Genesis / Mega Drive games. 

The ColecoVision was the first console that I played where I really started appreciating video games. They had amazing arcade ports for their time.

51 minutes ago, spoonman said:

No one's forgetting that. At least I don't think so.

I have a feeling the jailbreaker ;) knows if this is possible. 

I figured the fact that we got the CV core was likely due to that. Analogue can't sell it. And we likely aren't getting the 2600 core in the Mega Sg, because that can be sold.

If there was a way to play ColecoVision carts on the Megs Sg I'd likely use it more for that than for playing Genesis / Mega Drive games. 

The ColecoVision was the first console that I played where I really started appreciating video games. They had amazing arcade ports for their time.

Yeah if you need cart and original controller support then the Phoenix is probably worth checking out, otherwise Mega SG does a great job with Coleco roms using a Genesis controller.  I personally use the M30 2.4Ghz.