1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

1 minute ago, malrak said:

I just received my shipping notice email for the replacement.  Says it shipped today.   Also says it's expected to arrive, er.... today.   Historically, that means it'll get here whenever they happen to be driving by the house, I suppose.   

Ah, FedEx.

In this case it looks like my shipping label entered the system on the 20th, but yeah, they probably shouldn’t attempt to estimate delivery dates based on “company printed a label” and instead wait for the package itself to enter the system.

I just got the notice emailed today, looking forward to getting it as the GG adapter was a large part of the reason why I bought a Mega Sg...

You might not get a notice btw.  One of my own packets shipped without email notice.  I only know because I have my packages tracked by the Arrive app, which links to Analogue purchases via Shopify.

15 hours ago, schnuth said:

Me neither. Hope it ships soon.

Just got an email, so hopefully your notification comes soon. 

Just got an email, so hopefully your notification comes soon. 

Got mine today, huzzah! Can’t wait to try it out again. :)
  • Like 1

My GG V1.1 adaptor arrived today and as I suspected my Mega SG has indeed been damaged by the V1.0. If I try to boot a GG cart I get a bunch of green pixels. I’ve contacted Analogue and will let everyone know how well they deal with the issue, but obviously with what’s happening in the world at the moment I don’t expect it to be resolved very quickly. Stay safe folks.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

My GG V1.1 adaptor arrived today and as I suspected my Mega SG has indeed been damaged by the V1.0. If I try to boot a GG cart I get a bunch of green pixels. I’ve contacted Analogue and will let everyone know how well they deal with the issue, but obviously with what’s happening in the world at the moment I don’t expect it to be resolved very quickly. Stay safe folks.

Analogue was great for me when I was trying to get my Mega-CD to work with my Mega Sg in June or July or whenever it was. I eventually sent it to them, and they got it back to me within about 3 weeks of the day I shipped it. They never told me it was on its way back, though, so when I got 2 boxes from Analogue on the same day a few hours apart, I was really confused. The first was the Super Nt I had bought a few days earlier and the second was the Mega Sg. Never got it fixed since it seems to be a problem with the Mega-CD and I fixed that by buying the MegaSD.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

Analogue was great for me when I was trying to get my Mega-CD to work with my Mega Sg in June or July or whenever it was. I eventually sent it to them, and they got it back to me within about 3 weeks of the day I shipped it. They never told me it was on its way back, though, so when I got 2 boxes from Analogue on the same day a few hours apart, I was really confused. The first was the Super Nt I had bought a few days earlier and the second was the Mega Sg. Never got it fixed since it seems to be a problem with the Mega-CD and I fixed that by buying the MegaSD.
What was your Mega CD doing? Model 1 or 2?

3 minutes ago, CZroe said:
1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

What was your Mega CD doing? Model 1 or 2?

https://youtu.be/_TZtoOjwTIc

That. It's the original Japanese Mega-CD. Works fine with my Mega Drive, but it does not work with my Mega Sg or my friend's Mega Sg.

Beware of static, by the way. Bad audio.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

That. It's the original Japanese Mega-CD. Works fine with my Mega Drive, but it does not work with my Mega Sg or my friend's Mega Sg.

I see. Well, I ordered a Japanese model 1 Mega CD almost 2 months ago and it hasn't gotten here yet (economy shipping is slow!) so I'm curious to see if mine will have a similar issue. Thanks for sharing.

10 minutes ago, CZroe said:
37 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I see. Well, I ordered a Japanese model 1 Mega CD almost 2 months ago and it hasn't gotten here yet (economy shipping is slow!) so I'm curious to see if mine will have a similar issue. Thanks for sharing.

Analogue said it's due to oxidation on the Mega-CD. Unsure if that's true, but I do know that it does not work with the 2 Mega Sgs that I have tried. Maybe you will be fine, but maybe not. It came back from Analogue with firmware 2.5 installed, which was cool since that was never released as far as I know. The later update made the menu and the spinning logo thing look a bit better, but it still has weird misplaced pixels on the Sega logo and just goes to a black screen after that. MegaSD was worth it, especially since I got the Nomad in January.

• Like 2

Well so far I’m pleased to report that Analogue has been superb in sorting the damage caused by the V1.0 GG adaptor to my mega SG. It’s on its way to be repaired as we speak and they covered the cost of returning to the U.S. from the U.K. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Slipard said:

If they could be as superb for putting back said adapters on sale...

They announced after they sold out that they underestimated demand and will be producing more of them. Nothing we can do about it but wait.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

They announced after they sold out that they underestimated demand and will be producing more of them. Nothing we can do about it but wait.

Once again : what Analogue says and what Analogue does; two different things.

According to RetroRGB it appears like Analogue abandoned the Analogue 8 trademark.

Lets all proceed to speculate wildly. They've abandoned it because they've decided to pursue the Analogue 64, an FPGA based Jaguar clone, but they just haven't gotten around to filing for the trademark yet. 😉

They have scrapped the Analogue 8 to build the Analogue 16. The number comes from the TurboGrafx-16 because this is an FPGA SuperGrafx, which is still an 8-bit system, so they should really have kept the 8 instead.

I would guess Analogue abandoned the Analogue 8 trademark because there is a lot of work for them to do with the NT Mini v2 and the Pocket. And the situation in China? Seems like Analogue had a longer term project that may have changed or got put on the back burner, for whatever reasons. I am much more interested in what the Pocket is offering and its potential with open source. Open source stuff on the Pocket (with dock) could potentially cannibalize some of what the Analogue 8 was theoretically intended to be. Maybe they want to see how the Pocket does and where it goes before committing to another system beyond that?

"3/23/2020 - ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED"

It seems they simply forgot to do some paperwork, which would be typical Analogue way to doing things right. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

I'm still going to guess a plastic NES or Nt in 2021.

Edited by Toth
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1