2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

On 5/19/2020 at 8:31 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, I just want a way to use my 32X on the Mega Sg on my PC monitor, which only has VGA and HDMI inputs. Converting digital to analog to digital is annoying and people will probably think I'm insane (and I am), but I do want to do it since I've been having difficulty getting the OSSC to give me a good picture with the Mega Drive + Super 32X combination. Genesis and Mega Drive games are fine, but 32X games are usually not. I was thinking it's probably due to how the systems both render separate things, and since the Mega Sg's video is supposed to be perfect or something, maybe it would help me get a nice picture with 32X games. I don't know if that's true, but I want to try it.

I could get the RAD2X, though, and I've been curious about trying it anyway, so that's another good option, as well, since I could use it with the 32X and a bunch of other systems since I'm guessing it should work with the HD Retrovision converter cables.

I was also planning on the whole convoluted digital to analog to digital setup for 32x so you certainly are not alone. My SG is has been gone since March as it got broken by the 1.0 GG adaptor so I’ve fallen back on my V0 JP mega drive. I’m getting an excellent picture through my OSSC for 32x games using the exact same settings I use for MD games so I’m not sure why you aren’t. I have an upgraded pass though cable which may help?

Oh and I’ve seen you say “super 32x” a few times? Never heard it called that before?  

I was also planning on the whole convoluted digital to analog to digital setup for 32x so you certainly are not alone. My SG is has been gone since March as it got broken by the 1.0 GG adaptor so I’ve fallen back on my V0 JP mega drive. I’m getting an excellent picture through my OSSC for 32x games using the exact same settings I use for MD games so I’m not sure why you aren’t. I have an upgraded pass though cable which may help?

Oh and I’ve seen you say “super 32x” a few times? Never heard it called that before?  
He lives in Japan, where they called it "Super 32X." :)

On 4/2/2020 at 2:23 AM, kevtris said:

yeah this is a known issue.  press reset or change settings to "boot to menu" to fix it until an update is released.

When can we expect this update Kevtris? The adapters have been out for some time now. Thanks

Edited by mario64

12 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

9 hours ago, CZroe said:

He lives in Japan, where they called it "Super 32X." :)

Yes, I have a Japanese Super 32X. It's region locked and can't play Star Trek as well as a few other games. Kolibri, despite not being released in Japan, works.

Pic_0521_325.jpg

On 5/15/2020 at 11:22 AM, Sneakyturtleegg said:

The Colecovision core on the MegaSG seems to be a bit more refined and updated than the NT Mini's. As to be expected since it was release a few years later. The MSG CV core does support Super Game Module games and more homebrew releases. The NT Mini CV core is still great though and I never had any problems with the retail releases I played.

The SGM support was a nice addition, but having audio glitching on official retail releases (the 2 Sam games, Squish 'em Sam and Sewer Sam), is still a little disappointing. Those both work perfectly in the CV Phoenix FPGA system. I probably wouldn't care as much but both of those games were extremely impressive for the very fact that you had very clear audio voice samples on stock ColecoVision hardware. And while I realize it's more or less a bonus core for the Mega Sg it would be nice to say it has perfect ColecoVision playback.

Any word/rumor on analogue preorder timelines?

See, I'm about to dump at least another game system worth of money into neo geo, unless maybe there is perhaps an analogue-interactive thing(s) looking like the might possibly go preorder in the next few months.  In which case I'd want to prioritize any analogue stuff over the upgrade to nearly infinite high score saving slots. I'm trying to plan out my spending here.

13 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yes, I have a Japanese Super 32X. It's region locked and can't play Star Trek as well as a few other games. Kolibri, despite not being released in Japan, works.

Pic_0521_325.jpg

Actually it’s the Mega Drive that determines the region, not the 32X. The North American and Japanese 32X are actually internally identical, so if you were to connect a Japanese 32X to a region modded system or a Genesis, you can play every US 32X game on a Japanese 32X.

EDIT: Just remembered that the Japanese 32X uses the same casing as the American one so you could just plug it into a stock Genesis without an issue.

Edited by ApolloBoy

7 hours ago, ApolloBoy said:

Actually it’s the Mega Drive that determines the region, not the 32X. The North American and Japanese 32X are actually internally identical, so if you were to connect a Japanese 32X to a region modded system or a Genesis, you can play every US 32X game on a Japanese 32X.

EDIT: Just remembered that the Japanese 32X uses the same casing as the American one so you could just plug it into a stock Genesis without an issue.

I can confirm, I have my North American 32X paired with my Japanese Model 1 Mega Drive.  Looking through the Everdrive pack, only 3 games are region locked to Japan, Virtua Racing, Stellar Assault, and Romance of the 3 Kingdoms.  Every game in the USA folder I've tried boots up fine.  And since the 32X breaks the Mega Everdrive's Mega Key feature, I think that means most 32X games don't care about NA/Japan as long as it's NTSC.  Which makes sense as I doubt it would have been worth it for developers to spend the time making Japan specific versions of 32X games that nobody in that market was going to buy.

As long as we can buy...

I am fed up with always being pressured because I save money and I can't even be sure I will be able able to buy the product I want.

Still waiting for the adapters restock, since initial stock was ridiculously short and it wasn't scalpers effect.

Someday, the Chinese are going to crack them up and that will be too late to regain their once loyal customers.

Edited by Slipard

14 hours ago, ApolloBoy said:

Interesting... also interesting that it breaks the region-freeness of the MegaSD for all games. I'd love to try it on my Genesis, but the only Genesis that I have is a Nomad.

Then again, the MegaSD's region-freeness doesn't work properly anyway, which means I can't play Alien Solder on my Nomad or Bible Adventures (lol) on my Mega Drive.