Jump to content
kevtris

FPGA Based Videogame System

Interest in an FPGA Videogame System  

669 members have voted

  1. 1. I would pay....

  2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

  3. 3. Games Should Run From...

    • SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...



Recommended Posts

Regarding Hi-Def NES, is it safe to downgrade?

I wanna try out this feature from v.2.25

 

* Removed interpolation and associated menu. I needed the logic gates in the FPGA to fix the other things.

 

Edited by atmn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Has there been any word about this

 

 

being fixed on the new Nt mini?

Kevtris,

 

If at all possible, please help fix this! I never had an interest in this, but I love the SMS 3D games, well, at least Maze Hunter, so I've love to try out the FC ones as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 6:38 AM, atmn said:

Regarding Hi-Def NES, is it safe to downgrade?

I wanna try out this feature from v.2.25

 

* Removed interpolation and associated menu. I needed the logic gates in the FPGA to fix the other things.

 

I have downgraded my HiDef NES firmware before and it worked fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2020 at 5:11 PM, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, I gave up trying to use 720p with scanlines and I use 1080p with scanlines now. Still, I found a relatively nice 720p scanline setting yesterday or the day before. Not sure if I saved it, though...

 

If I did save it, I'll post it here when I get home unless I see it again and decide it looks horrible.

Isn't this the issue that gets solved if you input height 719 instead of 720? I remember doing this in 720p and scanlines were looked absolutely correct then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, StrangerInUsAll said:

Isn't this the issue that gets solved if you input height 719 instead of 720? I remember doing this in 720p and scanlines were looked absolutely correct then. 

Unknown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, so I went to check why my NT mini noir wasn't here yet and I found an article that said it was postponed until November and listed upgrades it was getting.

 

Will the old NT Mini have all the same functionality/capability or will this be a big improvement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mattelot said:

Wow, so I went to check why my NT mini noir wasn't here yet and I found an article that said it was postponed until November and listed upgrades it was getting.

I am quite disappointed that I found out by coming here, a place that has no official connection to Analogue. It's not like they don't have my email address. It's not like I didn't find out, but still...

 

On 7/20/2020 at 12:38 PM, XtraSmiley said:

Kevtris,

 

If at all possible, please help fix this! I never had an interest in this, but I love the SMS 3D games, well, at least Maze Hunter, so I've love to try out the FC ones as well!

console-back.png?fm=webp&w=3000&s=f016eb

I just remembered that this picture exists, and if it is a 100% accurate representation of the final thing, it's not fixed. There is that thing at the bottom of the page, though, and that looks a bit different. Not better, but different.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamon1567 said:

Not that it would be a terribly elegant solution, but couldn't you just use one of these with that adapter and call it a day?

I keep a cable extension like that pluggued all the time in the back of my original NT mini. All famicom accessories need this (cables are too short!).

 

I just use a velcro tie to not leave the extension loose.

 

 

Edited by hyrulebr
wrong word
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hyrulebr said:

I keep a cable extension like that pluggued all the time in the back of my original NT mini. All famicom accessories need this (cables are too short!).

 

I just use a velcro tie to not leave the extension loose.

 

 

Thanks for that.  I'm gonna pick one of those up for my Noir when it comes in.  One of the first things I want to do is handle some 3D gaming on my PVM.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, StrangerInUsAll said:

Isn't this the issue that gets solved if you input height 719 instead of 720? I remember doing this in 720p and scanlines were looked absolutely correct then. 

Setting the height to 719 looks much better than 720 and forces the scanlines to line up correctly, but the scanlines themselves still seem to have uneven width down the screen.  The only way I've found to get everything looking perfect on the latest official firmware is to set vertical res to 720 and then the set the vertical position value upward a few pixels until the scanlines snap into place correctly (the effect is obvious once it happens).

Edited by newtmonkey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jamon1567 said:

Not that it would be a terribly elegant solution, but couldn't you just use one of these with that adapter and call it a day?

Duh, nice. Obvious, easiest solution!

 

Thank you.

 

Still it would be nice if they just fixed this on the back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How fast is the Pocket going to sell out?  Any takers?  I am assuming their little teaser on Twitter is regarding the Pocket. The Nt Mini Noir was up for about a week I think and is listed as Limited Quantities.  However, no one knew about the new features at the time so I am guessing a lot of people who would have ordered had they known did not.  The Pocket is a whole new animal.  I think it is gone within an hour, personally.

Edited by Toth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Toth said:

How fast is the Pocket going to sell out?  Any takers?  I am assuming their little teaser on Twitter is regarding the Pocket. The Nt Mini Noir was up for about a week I think and is listed as Limited Quantities.  However, no one knew about the new features at the time so I am guessing a lot of people who would have ordered had they known did not.  The Pocket is a whole new animal.  I think it is gone within an hour, personally.

I hope for an hour, worst case would be 404-error for an hour and then sold out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be rather disappointing, as with my luck I'd likely not be there at that particular hour. I'd like to get something nice and new to play my Lynx and GB carts without having to fight off a flood of flippers and WATA investors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they stick to their guns, this announcement if it's indeed ends up about Pocket preorders, will be telling us when said event is slated to happen.

 

They said months ago that they wouldn't spring preorders on us unannounced and would release the date and time in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did say originally they wouldn't be doing pre-orders (or so I seem to remember anyway....), so I wonder if they're gonna actually be ready to go right out the gate. I do find it interesting that Kev, who no doubt has been working on the Pocket for quite some time, had time to also rewrite the NES core for the Noir....here's hoping!

Edited by jamon1567

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jamon1567 said:

They did say originally they wouldn't be doing pre-orders (or so I seem to remember anyway....),

I don't think that's accurate: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cacophony said:

I don't think that's accurate: 

 

They haven't "announced" anything; they've shown a date and time and nothing else. At most, they have announced an announcement. What's happening on that date and time? It could be the date and time that preorders are beginning, but it could be something else. Only Analogue knows for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a few months after the initial announcement, so I guess they changed their mind, or clarified anyway. I think we all expected it to be released by now though (when initially announced) from prior timelines. I don't expect them to go on sale (no pre-order) next Monday, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steven Pendleton said:

They haven't "announced" anything; they've shown a date and time and nothing else. At most, they have announced an announcement. What's happening on that date and time? It could be the date and time that preorders are beginning, but it could be something else. Only Analogue knows for sure.

Correction: at LEAST they have announced an announcement. I think it's pretty fair to say though that they'll be doing pre-orders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get them at all.  Why be so secretive about it?  I get wanting to create demand and hype but the products do that for themselves.  Why limit them so much?  I mean the only thing they seem to sell anymore is Mega SG systems.  I'd be annoyed if I was Kevtris and designed all these cool systems only for them to basically be abandoned after one or two rounds of sales.  I understand the pandemic has had an effect on stuff but most other companies seem to have figured it out.  Analogue can't even get those adapters produced again and they are something you could make with a 3D printer, Oshpark and Digikey and have to your house in 3 weeks.

Edited by Toth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's much of a secret right now. I noticed they just posted a Game Boy gif now too, so at the very least we'll be getting some Pocket news, but likely a pre-order/order IMO. Why they aren't keeping their products in stock though, I can't figure on that....

Edited by jamon1567

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other baffling thing is that they've standardized their hardware now too, so there is really no reason that they shouldn't have these things in stock, or at least do regular batches of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Toth said:

I don't get them at all.  Why be so secretive about it?  I get wanting to create demand and hype but the products do that for themselves.  Why limit them so much?  I mean the only thing they seem to sell anymore is Mega SG systems.  I'd be annoyed if I was Kevtris and designed all these cool systems only for them to basically be abandoned after one or two rounds of sales.  I understand the pandemic has had an effect on stuff but most other companies seem to be making due.  Analogue can't even get those adapters produced again and they are something you could make with a 3D printer, Oshpark and Digikey and have to your house in 3 weeks.

I don't have any insider info or anything, but one other possible reason for the "secrecy" (aside from pandemic-related issues) could be that they're trying to see if they can release the Pocket and the Dock on the same date. That alone would greatly boost sales, but it would also make their production schedules more complex, let alone putting more pressure on the development side of things. Under such circumstances, it would be understandable to delay making announcements until they're sure that they can deliver both the Pocket and the Dock simultaneously.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...