Jump to content
kevtris

FPGA Based Videogame System

Interest in an FPGA Videogame System  

638 members have voted

  1. 1. I would pay....

  2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

  3. 3. Games Should Run From...

    • SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...



Recommended Posts

Bug fixes seem to come in large batches and without any warning or communication, so it may be worth reporting just in case another occurs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2020 at 6:02 AM, GarrettCRW said:

Another Mega Sg issue that needs tending to concerns playing Lunar on the Sega CD. The game literally reboots when you push Start on the title screen, and a quick Google search reveals that this has been outstanding for quite a while.

The latest update added more Sega CD issues and both Final Fight and Sonic CD had issues when I used my model 2 Sega CD. I still had issues with bios loading, if I remember correctly, as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nt Mini is releasing soon (again) but with rewritten cores or whatever so I would expect that system to get a fix in the months following, if needed.  Then the Pocket will be releasing and will get priority after that.  If Kevtris is the only guy capable of fixing stuff I wouldn't expect anything for a long time.

Edited by Toth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 8:40 AM, Toth said:

The Nt Mini is releasing soon (again)

That already happened earlier this year, I don't think Analogue is doing a third run(?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ApolloBoy said:

That already happened earlier this year, I don't think Analogue is doing a third run(?).

Shipping soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ApolloBoy said:

That already happened earlier this year, I don't think Analogue is doing a third run(?).

This is the 3rd run technically, and it's happening in approximately 28~41 days from this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sho said:

This is the 3rd run technically, and it's happening in approximately 28~41 days from this post.

I was gonna ask if we have a release date yet, but I guess your 28-41 days would indicate we don't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamon1567 said:

I was gonna ask if we have a release date yet, but I guess your 28-41 days would indicate we don't?

"November 2020".  That's pretty much the standard for the info we get. :lol: Although I forget if they generally release more detail the closer the actual shipping date is.

 

The good thing is Analogue has more or less always delivered consistently.  So if they say it's shipping in November most people bet it will ship in November, whether it's the 1st or the 30th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, I hate to be that guy, but I'd prefer they just release some of the things that have been promised for some time now and then worry about selling me something else. They've been sitting on money of mine for the Noir and the Pocket for some time now and wanna potentially sell me something else? Not really a good look....

 

That said, if I had to guess I'd guess PCE as well. We're not to the point yet where 32/64 bit would be feasible, at least from an affordability standpoint anyway.

Edited by jamon1567
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jamon1567 said:

You know, I hate to be that guy, but I'd prefer they just release some of the things that have been promised for some time now and then worry about selling me something else. They've been sitting on money of mine for the Noir and the Pocket for some time now and wanna potentially sell me something else? Not really a good look....

 

That said, if I had to guess I'd guess PCE as well. We're not to the point yet where 32/64 bit would be feasible, at least from an affordability standpoint anyway.

A pc engine fpga with a cd-rom drive would be great but not now. You have a good point!

 

Maybe it's just some new features for the pocket and a new batch for pre-orders...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hyrulebr said:

Maybe it's just some new features for the pocket and a new batch for pre-orders...

We can only hope. I missed the first batch of pre-orders, and was starting to forget that the Pocket was even a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jamon1567 said:

Ill say one thing....damn that thing looks sexy. 

Well... it looks almost exactly like the PC Engine DUO, which is a really beautiful console

 

PC-Engine-Duo-Console-Set.jpg

 

but lol it still only has 1 controller port

Edited by Steven Pendleton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Pocket now will support PCE/TG16 hucards, then a jailbreak will likely do the same. Probably no CD support on jailbreak or why have the main duo system? SGX on pocket would be nice in a jailbreak as it is 5-7 games depending on one's outlook of the Darius(?) games.

 

Interesting they are doing a CD based system. Maybe down the road a PSX or multi CD core system will develop.

 

I think I'm good with the Mister core personally.

 

P.s. For those that plan one.. ugh, limited quantities

Edited by seastalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Well... it looks almost exactly like the PC Engine DUO, which is a really beautiful console

 

PC-Engine-Duo-Console-Set.jpg

 

but lol it still only has 1 controller port

Indeed :D

 

Although I'd point out itll do bluetooth and 2.4G for up to 4 controllers with no dongles which is pretty dope.

Edited by jamon1567

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jamon1567 said:

Although I'd point out itll do bluetooth and 2.4G for up to 4 controllers with no dongles which is pretty dope.

I've never seen a wireless Avenue Pad 3, though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say I'm blown away by the price of the thing. I was not planning on getting another FPGA console, but this one looks pretty amazing feature-wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed it before but now see that Supergrafx support will come to the Pocket as well. I never had a Turbo Express and don't remember it having that ability. The pocket is the one I'm most interested in. CD games on Mister. I'm glad Kevtris made this duo though for those with large CD collections. I only have a handful of Hu-cards.  I wonder if this will affect the TerraOnion option considering this console is HDMI. Any more or less than Mister? I'm just glad there are OPTIONS for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I've never seen a wireless Avenue Pad 3, though...

Oh no doubt. Glad they included the original port cuz that's a must for Rondo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jamon1567 said:

Oh no doubt. Glad they included the original port cuz that's a must for Rondo.

Avenue Pad 3 is the only PC Engine controller that I use because it's the best one. Shuttle gets a nice second place, but it doesn't have the same functionality.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, seastalker said:

I missed it before but now see that Supergrafx support will come to the Pocket as well. I never had a Turbo Express and don't remember it having that ability.

It doesn't. Yay, handheld 1941 Counter Attack~

 

This is actually what I am looking forward to the most, since I bought the Pocket basically just in case it got PC Engine support somehow. Looks like I got lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RetrogamerX said:

Guess it will sell out in 3 secs like the pocket did 🙁

They did say it was limited, so it's certainly possible, but this line is getting pretty tiresome. Every product they released prior to the Pocket and the Noir (which they were up front about being very limited) was available for pre-order for weeks. The Pocket was always going to be limited because of the screens they have to source, and the Mini because of the aluminum housing and the fact that they seem to want to just be done with it. I don't know why a Duo would need to be limited, but of course covid is effing everything up. I mean, you can only get certain flavors of Coke right now FFS. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not sure they're intentionally doing this ala Limited Run.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...