IGNORED

Prototype Contra NES

Crimefighter

I'm not the seller, but this is an interesting item found --

http://images.craigslist.org/00D0D_2QKsvINXsJz_600x450.jpg

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/vgm/5234423297.html

This is a prototype/test cart for Contra on the NES. This version of the game starts the players with 99 lives, invulnerability, and constant Spread Gun. The player never loses the Spread Gun even if another weapon is picked up.

Heh, was most likely a homemade hack.

btw, for the record, contrary to popular belief, the spread gun is not the best weapon in NES Contra; rather it's the rapid fire spread gun. You have to get both for maximum fire power.

Contra is one of my top ten favorite NES carts. I can beat the game with no continues, no lost lives, and no special weapons. I know it well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

btw, for the record, contrary to popular belief, the spread gun is not the best weapon in NES Contra; rather it's the rapid fire spread gun. You have to get both for maximum fire power.

depends on how fast you can press the fire button. you can have up to 10 bullets on the screen at the same time with spread, and if you fire them fast enough, they fire straight instead of spreading out.

there was an urban legend that someone who was speedrunning contra actually blew out some blood vessels in their arm from mashing the fire button so quickly. not sure how true that is though.