IGNORED

New Harmony Encore user - Strange behavior with H.e.r.o.

Mitkraft

So I just got my Harmony the other day and tried it out real quick. The first game I went to (because I've been dying to play it on real iron) was H.E.R.O.. Strange thing though: the game acted really bizzare! The right off the bat, the screen would change even on the first screen. Then as I went from one screen to the other 1) it wasn't the right screens and 2) they would change.

I tried a couple of other games and they seemed fine.

I know this is hard to explain so I'm hoping this is a known issue. The short of it is that even starting at level 1, the game looked more like a later level and also, you never reached the guy you needed to rescue. It was like an endless loop of screens.

The more I try to describe this the more I think I'm going to have to take pics. I'll take some tonight but if this is a known issue feel free to say so.

Thanks!

Oops, I forgot to put that in my initial post. I'm using the same rom I was using in stella and it worked fine there. I do have another version I downloaded from a different rom set. When I get home I'll try that one and see if it behaves the same. The bahaviour was so strange it didn't seem like a full on glitch or break, it seemed like a programmatic bug. I couldn't envision a scenario in my brain that would even make it behave the way it did but then again not familiar with Atari programming.

• 3 weeks later...